+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Man,


    I would have loved to see all you posters comments about Babe Ruth after the 1927 season. About his eating habits, about his womanizing about his feud ith Gehrig etc.,ything except what a great ballplayer he was.


    It is obvious why there are so few posts in the baseball forums. It is poisonous. Just MHO

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  2. #27

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    I don't really have a problem with him owning a team. He's retired. He doesn't owe the Yankees anything anymore.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I don't really have a problem with him owning a team. He's retired. He doesn't owe the Yankees anything anymore.


    Very True.


    I wish him the best in his new endeavor


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  4. #29

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Man,


    I would have loved to see all you posters comments about Babe Ruth after the 1927 season. About his eating habits, about his womanizing about his feud ith Gehrig etc.,ything except what a great ballplayer he was.


    It is obvious why there are so few posts in the baseball forums. It is poisonous. Just MHO

    Andy
    My comments about Jeter have nothing to do with his abilities and accomplishments as a ballplayer - just stating facts about his captaincy.

    People wax nostalgic about what a great leader he was, yet there's plenty of evidence that paints Jeter as a horrible captain who put his ego and personal feelings ahead of what was best for the ballclub. Especially when you look at how he completely froze out A-Rod when he was traded to the Yankees.

    Not sure how any of that has to do with Babe Ruth's off-the-field shenanigans.

    And for the record, Babe and Lou were still on great terms after the '27 season. Their personal issues started many years later...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  5. #30

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    clarkspencer‏Verified account @clarkspencer 32m32 minutes ago

    Joe Torre on Derek Jeter becoming team owner: "He's going to roll up his sleeves."

  6. #31
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    clarkspencer‏Verified account @clarkspencer 32m32 minutes ago

    Joe Torre on Derek Jeter becoming team owner: "He's going to roll up his sleeves."
    I doubt that. He'll work hard, but he won't roll up his sleeves. He's too impeccable for that.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  7. #32
    Social Justice Wankers ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Speaking of rolling up sleeves, ever notice that weathermen often roll up their sleeves when there's a bad snow storm or any kind of severe or inclement weather, as if they're putting greater effort into trying to tackle the pesty storm?



  8. #33

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Speaking of rolling up sleeves, ever notice that weathermen often roll up their sleeves when there's a bad snow storm or any kind of severe or inclement weather, as if they're putting greater effort into trying to tackle the pesty storm?
    That's hillarious!
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    I dont get this, werent the Yankees selling a minority stake in the organization for like $20 million....why didnt he just buy a small piece of the Yankees and get larger pieces are they became available.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    I dont get this, werent the Yankees selling a minority stake in the organization for like $20 million....why didnt he just buy a small piece of the Yankees and get larger pieces are they became available.

    Here it goes....

    http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...million-030416

    Why didnt Jeter just buy into the Yankees?? And as other minority stake holders sell, buy their pieces. Isn't that what Michael Jordan did?
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  11. #36

    Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    Here it goes....

    http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...million-030416

    Why didnt Jeter just buy into the Yankees?? And as other minority stake holders sell, buy their pieces. Isn't that what Michael Jordan did?
    Jeter didn't just want to be a minority partner standing in the shadows - he wants to be hands-on on the baseball ops side of the business, and that just wasn't going to happen with the Yankees. Not as long as Levine and Cashman are running the show.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts