+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CEO.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

Jeter puts up 25 mil of a 1.2 billion sale. He is "an" owner but he answers to someone.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Re: Loria agrees to sell Marlins to Sherman/Jeter group. Jeter to take the role of CE

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Jeter puts up 25 mil of a 1.2 billion sale. He is "an" owner but he answers to someone.
    Jeter is dead to me. What a trader.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    He's a guy who used to play for the Yankees. Who cares what he does now?

I giggled
    ”What people call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades.”

Unlike A-Rod, Jeter was always about himself. Good riddance.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

I wonder if Marlin players who get DFA'd will get a gift basket.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

He couldn't buy a soccer team? what a traitor
    Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Unlike A-Rod, Jeter was always about himself. Good riddance.
    Are you serious ?
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    Are you serious ?
    No...of course not...but now he WILL have to watch baseball games - something he hates to do.

I wonder if Marlin players who get DFA'd will get a gift basket.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    he did something after he stopped playing for the Yankees?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Loved Jeter from '96 - '03. Lost all respect for him when he failed to embrace A-Rod for the good of the team. Put his ego ahead of what was best for the team. Let him rot in Miami with that garbage franchise.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Loved Jeter from '96 - '03. Lost all respect for him when he failed to embrace A-Rod for the good of the team. Put his ego ahead of what was best for the team. Let him rot in Miami with that garbage franchise.
    No gift bag for you.

No gift bag for you.
    I'm absolutely shattered.

NYYF Legend

Oh, in that case. Gift bag for you.

NYYF Legend

Love and hope and sex and dreams
    Are still surviving on the street
    Look at you, you're in tatters!
    You're a shattered
    Shattered
    Friends are so alarming
    Your lover's never charming
    Life's just a cocktail party on the street
    Big Apple
    People dressed in plastic bags
    Directing traffic
    Some kind of fashion
    Shattered

My exact sentiments. I saw him as nothing more than an arrogant, selfish, unforgiving pr*ck who forever holds a grudge from that point on. I always favored A-Rod in the A-Rod/Jeter battle, steroid warts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Love and hope and sex and dreams
    Are still surviving on the street
    Look at you, you're in tatters!
    You're a shattered
    Shattered
    Friends are so alarming
    Your lover's never charming
    Life's just a cocktail party on the street
    Big Apple
    People dressed in plastic bags
    Directing traffic
    Some kind of fashion
    Shattered
    Great track, man. Absolutely love the Some Girls album!

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    My exact sentiments. I saw him as nothing more than an arrogant, selfish, unforgiving pr*ck who forever holds a grudge from that point on. I always favored A-Rod in the A-Rod/Jeter battle, steroid warts and all.
    Worst part about it was, Jeter was the so-called team captain. A major function of that title is to unite the clubhouse and lead by example. Jeter failed miserably in both regards.

See, I grew up during the Thurman/ Reggie era. Reggie said things far more viscous and hurtful about Thurman than Alex ever did about Jeter. Despite it all, Thurman found it in his heart to let it go and move on for the good of the team. While it's doubtful that Thurman and Reggie would ever be breaking bread together on Thanksgiving Day, they did find a way to co-exist for the good of the team.

If Jeter weren't such a prima-donna, perhaps this team could have won another championship - especially in 2004.

This team is gonna still suck. They got major financial troubles down there. Jeter isn't gonna do anything and will probably get quietly bought out in a few years.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Benedict Jeter

NYYF Legend

Worst part about it was, Jeter was the so-called team captain. A major function of that title is to unite the clubhouse and lead by example. Jeter failed miserably in both regards.

See, I grew up during the Thurman/ Reggie era. Reggie said things far more viscous and hurtful about Thurman than Alex ever did about Jeter. Despite it all, Thurman found it in his heart to let it go and move on for the good of the team. While it's doubtful that Thurman and Reggie would ever be breaking bread together on Thanksgiving Day, they did find a way to co-exist for the good of the team.

If Jeter weren't such a prima-donna, perhaps this team could have won another championship - especially in 2004.
    Exactly how did Jeter prevent the Yankees from winning another championship....especially in 04? And it is interesting that you use the word prima-donna while in comparison to Arod who was consistently about himself over the team. From taking steroids to lying about it, getting caught and suspended thus hurting the team as a whole, to picking up chicks during playoff baseball games.

NYYF Legend

Jeter has already stated that no Marlin can wear Number 2 any further.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Exactly how did Jeter prevent the Yankees from winning another championship....especially in 04? And it is interesting that you use the word prima-donna while in comparison to Arod who was consistently about himself over the team. From taking steroids to lying about it, getting caught and suspended thus hurting the team as a whole, to picking up chicks during playoff baseball games.
    From the moment the Yankees traded for A-Rod, Jeter went out of his way to not embrace him as a team-mate. All because Jeter was still butt-hurt from that stupid interview A-Rod gave years earlier. Whatever crap A-Rod pulled came later.

It's not exactly a secret that the clubhouse was fractured for years because Jeter wouldn't let it go - horrible for someone who was supposed to be the team captain. And it's my personal opinion that the tension this created certainly hurt the team for years - especially the 2004 squad and its epic collapse.

What A-Rod did is definitely on A-Rod and he doesn't get a free pass from me either.

Thread Information