+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    NYYF Legend

Re: Nicknames on Yankee Uniforms, August 25-27

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    What's going to be on Chapman's jersey? Stinky?

I am really impressed by all of you fans abandoning Chapman because he's had a bad few weeks. No patience and jumping to oust him from the closer role. I have been on this forum since 2000 and the old Yankees.com before that. I vividly remember from the time that Mo Rivera turned 36. For the next seven years he came into late July/early August and invariably had a bad two or three weeks. This forum all but exploded with a chorus of "he's done, Age has finally gotten to Mo". Then he reverted to himself, invincible.

Thank god we have the astute, patient' Girardi as manager to fend off all the impulsive fans, who cannot tolerate anything but absolute perfection. They forget how difficult a game baseball and what an important a part the art of complete concentration plays in a players ability to perform at his best. Judge is going through that right now. He and Chapman will recover and all will be right with the Yankee world. I have seen it all.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Does "DONTWORRYIMOPTINGOUT" fit?
    They can get Rzepcynski and Saltalamacchia on there. Shouldnt be any problem fitting a few more letters on there

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I am really impressed by all of you fans abandoning Chapman because he's had a bad few weeks. No patience and jumping to oust him from the closer role. I have been on this forum since 2000 and the old Yankees.com before that. I vividly remember from the time that Mo Rivera turned 36. For the next seven years he came into late July/early August and invariably had a bad two or three weeks. This forum all but exploded with a chorus of "he's done, Age has finally gotten to Mo". Then he reverted to himself, invincible.

Thank god we have the astute, patient' Girardi as manager to fend off all the impulsive fans, who cannot tolerate anything but absolute perfection. They forget how difficult a game baseball and what an important a part the art of complete concentration plays in a players ability to perform at his best. Judge is going through that right now. He and Chapman will recover and all will be right with the Yankee world. I have seen it all.

Andy
    Hey Andy. I have been here almost as long as you have. I appreciate your passion and opinion.

I think some, including myself, are just blowing off some steam. The way the pen is constructed, there are more options than ever to pick over a player who is obviously struggling.

I get so tired of hearing about hurting a players confidence and/or ego. They know they are hurting the team and should be mature enough to understand, "Hey, we'd like you to work on things in less demanding situations and we will gradually move you back to your customary role as you get back on track."

These are professional ballplayers. They are adults. This isn't Little League.

Re: Nicknames on Yankee Uniforms, August 25-27

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Hey Andy. I have been here almost as long as you have. I appreciate your passion and opinion.

I think some, including myself, are just blowing off some steam. The way the pen is constructed, there are more options than ever to pick over a player who is obviously struggling.

I get so tired of hearing about hurting a players confidence and/or ego. They know they are hurting the team and should be mature enough to understand, "Hey, we'd like you to work on things in less demanding situations and we will gradually move you back to your customary role as you get back on track."

These are professional ballplayers. They are adults. This isn't Little League.
    I would like to build on this by adding two elements. The first is, if these gentlemen are not mature enough to handle having their roles evolve, then its a teachable moment for Girardi. I will say this, despite all the fault I find with Girardi, as a manager, he seems like a good man with a very good temperament. He seems like the kind of man that would have made an excellent high school math or science teacher. I say this as someone that has worked in the education system for several years and worked with hundreds of teachers. This all being said, I think part of Girardi's job is to mentor these younger men and help them to grow as people. In many ways their privilege, as athletes, encapsulates them in a bubble and, IMO, it is part of Girardi's job to help them grow. If Chappy isn't mature enough to handle the adversity, then Joe should embrace the teachable moment and help him to grow - to see that the team is bigger than he is, just as society is bigger than all of us.

The second extension point I want to intervene with here is this - there is no one way to be a fan. There is no manifesto that we all signed on to when we made the wacky decision to dedicate this much of our lives to a game played with a stick and a ball. I am really tired of posters (both those which have been here for ages and those which have just arrived) shaming other posters that are expressing their feelings about the NY Yankees in their own way. So long as this expression of frustration is not aimed at other community members, I am not sure why in the world other posters care. Let people be themselves and let them express themselves how they see fit. If there comes a time that these expressions negatively affect the community, there are folks here to try to bend things back into shape.

Sorry for the rant, but these two issues have been grating on me and CalYankeeFan gave me an irresistible segue.

Thread Information