+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
Results 226 to 247 of 247

Thread: Playoff pricing

  1. #226
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Playoff pricing

    what a fail
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  2. #227

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Checked online about 10:20 AM--no regular (non-premium) tickets (seats) for any of the WS games for the public on-sale.

  3. #228
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Checked online about 10:20 AM--no regular (non-premium) tickets (seats) for any of the WS games for the public on-sale.
    Someone from my office managed to get 2 SRO seats for Game 5 while looking on his phone. $360 not a bargain but at least he is in.

  4. #229

    Re: Playoff pricing

    These prices are insane! Looked online at 10:00am and nothing available. Made the right call to jump on the $81 ALCS game 3 SRO. First Yankees World Series since 1996 that I wonít be attending. Need to take out a loan at these prices!

  5. #230

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Someone from my office managed to get 2 SRO seats for Game 5 while looking on his phone. $360 not a bargain but at least he is in.
    Is that really $360 PER TICKET at face value/dynamic pricing for standing room tickets??? Holy crap!!! Even if it's a WS game where CC Sabathia pitches a perfect game and Aaron Judge hits four grand slams, if you're standing shoulder to shoulder for four hours in possibly crappy weather, you'd have to be using some kind of substances for that to be fun. Especially at those prices, which will definitely shoot up insanely higher on the secondary market. Think of the psychotherapy sessions that could pay for ...

  6. #231

    Re: Playoff pricing

    I did SRO in the Budweiser party deck for LCS game 3 and it wasn't nearly as full as those Toyota and Red Hot Sauce areas. $360 though for a World Series game in the same spot, that is more than I paid for all my regular season games (7 games) combined!

  7. #232
    Glory Days bleachersown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UWS via North Jersey

    Re: Playoff pricing

    I got lucky and snagged 2 SRO tickets for WS Home Game 1 this morning through the public sale. Any recommendation on the best area to watch the game with these? I saw the mention of the Bud Deck in the previous post. Curious on anyone else's experiences. I haven't done SRO, but couldn't pass up the opportunity of potentially going to my first WS game...even at this price.
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

  8. #233
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by bleachersown View Post
    I got lucky and snagged 2 SRO tickets for WS Home Game 1 this morning through the public sale. Any recommendation on the best area to watch the game with these? I saw the mention of the Bud Deck in the previous post. Curious on anyone else's experiences. I haven't done SRO, but couldn't pass up the opportunity of potentially going to my first WS game...even at this price.
    Did you use your phone or browser? I should have went for those instead of trying to get seats
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  9. #234
    Glory Days bleachersown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UWS via North Jersey

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Did you use your phone or browser? I should have went for those instead of trying to get seats
    I got these with my phone. I had my computer up trying to get other seats.
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

  10. #235
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: Playoff pricing

    I just scored Loge tickets for Game 7 at Dodgers Stadium. $637 for 2.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  11. #236
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I just scored Loge tickets for Game 7 at Dodgers Stadium. $637 for 2.
    messaged you
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  12. #237

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Bleachers, your best bet for SRO is the Budweiser party deck. I went straight to the 1B area (300 level) around 6:00PM for LCS game 3. No one else showed up until around 6:30 or so. The OF SRO areas were packed immediately after the games opened around 5:30 PM and during the game they were packed into that area like sardines. Good luck and enjoy (hopefully)!

  13. #238

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Interesting how even after pricing dynamically all 3 WS games are still sold out- you would have thought the Yankees would have jacked it up all the way to current secondary prices on say StubHub.

    On another note- I'm trying to remember what I paid (on the street, God forbid!) for outfield (133-134 ish) seats in 2009 for Game 1, I want to say around $300 ea, maybe a tad more. Having the 1st two games on Friday & Sat night could not possibly play out any better if you are selling although if you have the SH app and hold out until gametime my guess is there will be some decent deals out there.

    Regarding standing- I remember at that game standing with some friends along the left field line- around 128-129 and that view was perfect, not too crowded, etc. I would take SRO's at the right price in a second, you stand the entire time at a concert- what makes a WS game any different? Older folks may disagree and I totally get that

  14. #239
    Glory Days bleachersown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UWS via North Jersey

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Interesting how even after pricing dynamically all 3 WS games are still sold out- you would have thought the Yankees would have jacked it up all the way to current secondary prices on say StubHub.

    On another note- I'm trying to remember what I paid (on the street, God forbid!) for outfield (133-134 ish) seats in 2009 for Game 1, I want to say around $300 ea, maybe a tad more. Having the 1st two games on Friday & Sat night could not possibly play out any better if you are selling although if you have the SH app and hold out until gametime my guess is there will be some decent deals out there.

    Regarding standing- I remember at that game standing with some friends along the left field line- around 128-129 and that view was perfect, not too crowded, etc. I would take SRO's at the right price in a second, you stand the entire time at a concert- what makes a WS game any different? Older folks may disagree and I totally get that
    Good call on buying right before the game. I got some unbelievable deals before ALDS and ALCS games the past few weeks on the secondary market. Obviously depends on the inventory available and many other factors, but I paid $55/seat for Field Level at DS game 4 and $30/seat Infield Grandstand CS game 4 within 30 minutes of first pitch. I did notice inventory for CS game 5 was lower anyway and there was no fire sale pre-game and tickets skyrocketed, even as the game came closer.

    I used to be a street ticket buyer from time to time, but it's hard to tell if the tickets you buy nowadays haven't already been transferred electronically/printed/etc to someone else and you are buying already used tickets. In my opinion, the new landscape of stubhubs, seatgeeks, etickets have totally changed the game and increased the risk for buying on the street more than ever before.

    With season ticket holders, I'm sure a few dishonest ones would double-dip by unloading their hard tickets on the street while also unloading ones that you are able to transfer electronically. I had a partial plan from 03-16 and once that feature was added, knew some people would abuse it for big games. I'm sure there is some punishment involved if the team catches you, but that doesn't help the person that shells out cash on the street for bad tix.
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

  15. #240

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by bleachersown View Post
    Good call on buying right before the game. I got some unbelievable deals before ALDS and ALCS games the past few weeks on the secondary market. Obviously depends on the inventory available and many other factors, but I paid $55/seat for Field Level at DS game 4 and $30/seat Infield Grandstand CS game 4 within 30 minutes of first pitch. I did notice inventory for CS game 5 was lower anyway and there was no fire sale pre-game and tickets skyrocketed, even as the game came closer.
    DS Game 4 was played at night after a day of rain, and that lowered prices.
    LCS Game 4 was played at 5 pm, and I think being down 1-2 going in to Game 4 also contributed to low prices. The Stadium was more than half empty at first pitch.
    LCS Game 5 was a completely different beast. No deals to be had...

    Don't know if one will see a dip in WS prices, but Dodgers / Yankees will draw, and unless they come home down 0-2, and the weather doesn't cooperate, I don't see prices falling to bargain levels like was observed for DS4 and LCS4... I don't know what the market was for LCS Game 3.... anyone recall?

  16. #241
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    DS Game 4 was played at night after a day of rain, and that lowered prices.
    LCS Game 4 was played at 5 pm, and I think being down 1-2 going in to Game 4 also contributed to low prices. The Stadium was more than half empty at first pitch.
    LCS Game 5 was a completely different beast. No deals to be had...

    Don't know if one will see a dip in WS prices, but Dodgers / Yankees will draw, and unless they come home down 0-2, and the weather doesn't cooperate, I don't see prices falling to bargain levels like was observed for DS4 and LCS4... I don't know what the market was for LCS Game 3.... anyone recall?
    Game 5 of the series? I was sitting in the stadium at 4:55 and looked at the stubhub app and had to take a screenshot, get in price was $298 at that point. After they won game 4 it just kept going up
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  17. #242
    Glory Days bleachersown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    UWS via North Jersey

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    DS Game 4 was played at night after a day of rain, and that lowered prices.
    LCS Game 4 was played at 5 pm, and I think being down 1-2 going in to Game 4 also contributed to low prices. The Stadium was more than half empty at first pitch.
    LCS Game 5 was a completely different beast. No deals to be had...

    Don't know if one will see a dip in WS prices, but Dodgers / Yankees will draw, and unless they come home down 0-2, and the weather doesn't cooperate, I don't see prices falling to bargain levels like was observed for DS4 and LCS4... I don't know what the market was for LCS Game 3.... anyone recall?
    The security lines definitely have been a factor in the games filling up slow in the stands. The lines have been ridiculous for both 5pm and 8pm starts. Thousands of people outside just looking to find the end of the line into the 2nd-3rd innings.
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

  18. #243
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by bleachersown View Post
    The security lines definitely have been a factor in the games filling up slow in the stands. The lines have been ridiculous for both 5pm and 8pm starts. Thousands of people outside just looking to find the end of the line into the 2nd-3rd innings.
    Being registered with Clear does make a difference. Definitely worth it to take the 5 minutes to register

  19. #244
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Being registered with Clear does make a difference. Definitely worth it to take the 5 minutes to register
    would you mind explaining how this works exactly? you register, and then theres designated gates where you pretty much just walk right in?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  20. #245

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Regarding standing- I remember at that game standing with some friends along the left field line- around 128-129 and that view was perfect, not too crowded, etc. I would take SRO's at the right price in a second, you stand the entire time at a concert- what makes a WS game any different? Older folks may disagree and I totally get that
    To each their own, but a lot of concerts don't last for four hours where you'd be standing all the time in potentially crappy weather. The view from 128/129 would be decent, but there were one hell of a lot of people during the playoffs crammed in shoulder to shoulder in the bleacher areas, several rows deep, 450 feet away from home plate. I get that tickets are worth whatever people are willing to pay, but at a certain point you've got to say this is nuts, it's a ballgame, it ain't a cure for cancer.

  21. #246
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    would you mind explaining how this works exactly? you register, and then theres designated gates where you pretty much just walk right in?
    Yes you can register at the Clear station. I think there is one by the Hard Rock. Sometimes there is one by Suite entrance. Once you are registered you can enter thru Clear line. Again I think there is one by Gate 2 near hard rock. You scan your fingers and you are in. You can bring in a guest though they often let you bring in more. The tricky thing is finding the Clear line

  22. #247

    Re: Playoff pricing

    Yeah Iím not celebrating going to the WS yet... I have an uneasy feeling about game 7 against Houston...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 5 guests)

  1. dstoffa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts