+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Playoff pricing

Re: Playoff pricing

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    The big difference in those days were the Series games were day games. There is in existence the complete TV broadcast of game 6 of the 1952 WS from Ebbets Field. They actually announced on air that if you were in the neighborhood there were still tickets available at the box office.
    Actually, if WS games were currently played during weekday afternoons - or even starting at 3AM - they would still easily sell out YS (probably twice over), even with insane ticket pricing. From what I've heard and witnessed (been going to Yankee games since early 1970s), it seems like there are a lot more "casual fans" going to games now compared to back in the day, which drives up demand, especially for big events.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    8623 tickets on stubhub. Prices will fall, people will buy, prices will go up again
    Game is in 24 hours, 5885 tickets listed on stubhub. Prices have no fallen, maybe even up a bit. They may go fast or they may not

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Game is in 24 hours, 5885 tickets listed on stubhub. Prices have no fallen, maybe even up a bit. They may go fast or they may not
    They've been vacillating a bit. They are currently down from the highs I saw earlier today ($110 get-in), but tomorrow afternoon will dictate movement.

If you got them at the "baseline" price of $37 (GSO), you can do very well. If you got them at the dynamic price of $71 + fees (GSO), not so much...

it also depends on what the series is at on sunday and the weather
    if it's raining and they're down 2-0 prices will drop

Forum Regular

Prices in free fall mode with the rain expected... Looks like I may have to pull the trigger and go

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Prices in free fall mode with the rain expected... Looks like I may have to pull the trigger and go
    Rain is expected to move through by game time... Not that it won't rain during the game, but the worst will be past by first pitch...

I hope they don't delay the start of the game until 9pm or something...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Rain is expected to move through by game time... Not that it won't rain during the game, but the worst will be past by first pitch...

I hope they don't delay the start of the game until 9pm or something...
    Yep, if youíre fortunate enough to have the day off, a nap may not be a bad idea (whether or not youíre attending the game).

Will there be a WS presale?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Will there be a WS presale?
    Yes. I didn't save the e-mail I got about that, but I believe it is October 16.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I have not seen any emails for World Series presale . On ticketmaster it says presale Oct 17th
    for standing room and premium seats.

Any idea when ALCS tickets will be active in ticketmaster app? I sold 2 on stubhub and they require the barcodes to be entered by today....

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Update: Just got my e-mail. WS Pre-Sale is October 17.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    I have not seen any emails for World Series presale . On ticketmaster it says presale Oct 17th
    Oct 17th. Presale begins at 10am for ticket holders with most seniority

Emails just received. Pre-sales are indeed on the 17th. 11 am for partial plan holders. Noon for Yankees universe members. I assume the pre pre sale is at 10 am.

8 ticket limit per game. I am afraid what dynamic pricing is going to do for pricing. I think a $200 face for a nosebleed is not out of the question.

It's not possible for Yanks to have home field advantage in the WS so we know they'll only be selling tix for games 3,4 and 5.

I won the pre-presale lottery and just bought tickets for all 3 WS games at the original price! Hoping they make it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    I won the pre-presale lottery and just bought tickets for all 3 WS games at the original price! Hoping they make it now!
    Congrats.

What was "original pricing?"

I went to TM to go check, and face for bleachers are now north of $200 + fees....

Congrats.

What was "original pricing?"

I went to TM to go check, and face for bleachers are now north of $200 + fees....
    The prices listed here for individual sales. I picked up main level tickets for all 3 games at $181 each

The prices listed here for individual sales. I picked up main level tickets for all 3 games at $181 each
    Ouch. Painful markup.
    Makes winning the lottery or getting tickets in a strip going forward all important...

Ouch. Painful markup.
    Makes winning the lottery or getting tickets in a strip going forward all important...
    Absolutely - I felt that pain when picking up ALDS and ALCS tickets. I upgraded to a 16 game plan for next year to get strip access (hopefully)

Absolutely - I felt that pain when picking up ALDS and ALCS tickets. I upgraded to a 16 game plan for next year to get strip access (hopefully)
    Even winning (the lottery) doesn't guarantee floor pricing... You need to be very quick pulling the trigger, because I believe prices adjust every 15 minutes.

Which 16-game plan did you end up upgrading to? Seating category?

anyone have the ticketmaster link for the ws? I have my postseason code -- I printed the email out, but for the life of me can't find the email with the link.

Even winning (the lottery) doesn't guarantee floor pricing... You need to be very quick pulling the trigger, because I believe prices adjust every 15 minutes.

Which 16-game plan did you end up upgrading to? Seating category?
    Agreed I bought all tickets within 8 mins.

Iím doing the Saturday plan, got a pair of grandstand outfields in section 427 (price break section), Row 1. Costs only a bit more than the 9 game plan I did in the main level.

Does anybody have a code they are willing to share? Im trying to buy world series tickets to any game. I know they are marked up already but I dont care. Please let me know
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by nanokid View Post
    anyone have the ticketmaster link for the ws? I have my postseason code -- I printed the email out, but for the life of me can't find the email with the link.
    It's in the email with your code. It's the green box at the bottom....

http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/inf...son/preonsaleX

I had to strip out the portions of the link that make it unique to me, but if you have your code, it should work.

You will need to play the Yankee Cap game, and replace the last X with a number from 1 to 3...

Thread Information