+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff pricing

Re: Playoff pricing

Looks like they also have released renewal info... but my invoice has not hit my account! Anyone else get this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Looks like they also have released renewal info... but my invoice has not hit my account! Anyone else get this issue?
    Yep no renewal invoice in my account.

Addicted Member

Invoices aren't loaded. Pretty absurd in my mind sending them out this early.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Addicted Member

All 2018 renewals due by Dec 1

OPTION 2: FOUR-PAYMENT INTEREST-FREE AUTO CHARGE
    First Payment: 25 percent charged on or prior to the date reflected on your invoice**
    Second Payment: 25 percent charged on Oct. 2, 2017
    Third Payment: 25 percent charged on Nov. 1, 2017
    Fourth Payment: Remaining 25 percent of balance charged on Dec. 1, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JackFromBrick View Post
    Yep no renewal invoice in my account.
    No invoice in my account, either.

But the highlights are:

1. 4-payment plan. Opening Day Add-on available.
    2. They split the bleachers up. Row 1-15 more expensive than 16-24.
    3. They are exploring extending the netting to beyond the dugouts.

For my GSO seats, Tier 1 is almost 3x Tier 5.

All info is HERE: http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/info/renewals

Addicted Member

Does anyone have a direct link to partial plan pricing? I keep getting page not found when following the links.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Does anyone have a direct link to partial plan pricing? I keep getting page not found when following the links.
    Link I posted above works, in a different browser:
    http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/info/renewals

Also, invoices have been loaded for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    3. They are exploring extending the netting to beyond the dugouts.
    Sorry to hijack the thread but that is a horrible idea. They are devaluing (although not reducing prices) on some of the best seats in the house.

I attended a game in Houston this year and sat in the front row behind the dugout. Looking through that net is horrible and the net completely cuts off any interaction with the players. Balls that might be tossed into the stands over the dugout are instead not thrown into the stands at all or thrown into the stands at the far end of the dugout.

I'd like to know just how many people have been injured at major league games where they wouldn't have otherwise been hurt if there had been a net extended to the far end of the dugouts? I'm wagering not very many and if anyone is so scared of that happening, they certainly have the option to sit in the upper deck or not attend at all.

If the Yankees (or any other club) is so concerned about fan safety, they should simply insist on playing all games in front of an empty stadium. After all, there are likely more than enough auto accidents involving fans traveling to or from the games that it could be justified.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but that is a horrible idea. They are devaluing (although not reducing prices) on some of the best seats in the house.

I attended a game in Houston this year and sat in the front row behind the dugout. Looking through that net is horrible and the net completely cuts off any interaction with the players. Balls that might be tossed into the stands over the dugout are instead not thrown into the stands at all or thrown into the stands at the far end of the dugout.

I'd like to know just how many people have been injured at major league games where they wouldn't have otherwise been hurt if there had been a net extended to the far end of the dugouts? I'm wagering not very many and if anyone is so scared of that happening, they certainly have the option to sit in the upper deck or not attend at all.

If the Yankees (or any other club) is so concerned about fan safety, they should simply insist on playing all games in front of an empty stadium. After all, there are likely more than enough auto accidents involving fans traveling to or from the games that it could be justified.
    I tend to agree with you, but the lawyers and accountants and the PR police probably don't agree with us. (Grew up in the 70's as a free roamer)

I don't consider it highjacking. The netting is discussed in the "letter to licensees", and if the netting is an issue for some, they are letting you know now before plunking down your dough for next season. It may impact relocation efforts, too...

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/promo/seating_map

I tend to agree with you, but the lawyers and accountants and the PR police probably don't agree with us.
    There have been lawyers and accountants in MLB for well over a century. It has been established in law that fans assume responsibility for being hit by fouls balls, bats, etc. when they attend a game. Why this big push now to extend screens and make the best seats in the stadium worse?

Question to anyone who has a 9 game plan... have you ever been able to buy strips with that plan? My rep says that's just for 20 game plans and higher, but I'm guessing he's telling me that to try and get me to upgrade. Thanks.

Question to anyone who has a 9 game plan... have you ever been able to buy strips with that plan? My rep says that's just for 20 game plans and higher, but I'm guessing he's telling me that to try and get me to upgrade. Thanks.
    20-game plan holders are offered a strip with every fourth game included.
    41-game plan holders are offered a strip with every other game included.
    Fulls get the whole ride.

This is the guaranteed offer. If seating is available, they may loosen the ropes on these allotments, and offer more games - but not necessarily in your ticketed location.

I want to say, that last year I was offered a full strip as a 16-game plan holder. And for all we know, you might get an invoice as a 20-gamer for every 4th playoff game, but be able to buy a full strip later.... This is actually a conundrum for a 20 or 41... Do I decline my partial strip and take a chance at getting a full strip later? Or do I suck it up and buy both...

What IS certain is that we, as less than 20's, will NOT be invoiced for playoff tickets at this time. We won't hear anything about strips and/or playoff opportunities until after Labor Day, me thinks...

By the way, 9-game value plans will not be eligible for the Opening Day add-on next season.

20-game plan holders are offered a strip with every fourth game included.
    41-game plan holders are offered a strip with every other game included.
    Fulls get the whole ride.

This is the guaranteed offer. If seating is available, they may loosen the ropes on these allotments, and offer more games - but not necessarily in your ticketed location.

I want to say, that last year I was offered a full strip as a 16-game plan holder. And for all we know, you might get an invoice as a 20-gamer for every 4th playoff game, but be able to buy a full strip later.... This is actually a conundrum for a 20 or 41... Do I decline my partial strip and take a chance at getting a full strip later? Or do I suck it up and buy both...

What IS certain is that we, as less than 20's, will NOT be invoiced for playoff tickets at this time. We won't hear anything about strips and/or playoff opportunities until after Labor Day, me thinks...

By the way, 9-game value plans will not be eligible for the Opening Day add-on next season.
    Sorry I should have been more specific - I'm looking to buy full additional strips.

I know it sucks that I don't get opening day but it's honestly the best plan for the buck for me. I could still get opening day via presale, but I haven't gone the past couple years cause it's so freakin cold.

There have been lawyers and accountants in MLB for well over a century. It has been established in law that fans assume responsibility for being hit by fouls balls, bats, etc. when they attend a game. Why this big push now to extend screens and make the best seats in the stadium worse?
    It'll happen. Citi did it over AS break.

Sorry I should have been more specific - I'm looking to buy full additional strips.
    You are looking to buy full strips, not additional full strips, since you don't have any now, correct?

We won't know until after Labor Day. And to that end, it has been a while since I've been held to the "two tickets per round" limit. They've offered 4 and 8 per GAME the last few years. As GG would say, it's not difficult to get tickets for early rounds - it's the World Series that matters and is the difficult buy, although I've never been shut out when I've gone for them.

With home field for the World Series being determined by best record, we won't know WHEN the games would be played at the Stadium.

You are looking to buy full strips, not additional full strips, since you don't have any now, correct?

We won't know until after Labor Day. And to that end, it has been a while since I've been held to the "two tickets per round" limit. They've offered 4 and 8 per GAME the last few years. As GG would say, it's not difficult to get tickets for early rounds - it's the World Series that matters and is the difficult buy, although I've never been shut out when I've gone for them.

With home field for the World Series being determined by best record, we won't know WHEN the games would be played at the Stadium.
    Lol yes - full strips.

Makes sense, World Series is definitely the key. Were you given the option to just buy the full strip, or did you have to buy each game separately?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    All 2018 renewals due by Dec 1

OPTION 2: FOUR-PAYMENT INTEREST-FREE AUTO CHARGE
    First Payment: 25 percent charged on or prior to the date reflected on your invoice**
    Second Payment: 25 percent charged on Oct. 2, 2017
    Third Payment: 25 percent charged on Nov. 1, 2017
    Fourth Payment: Remaining 25 percent of balance charged on Dec. 1, 2017
    This really sucks. Last season the first payment for the season renewal was not due until November. Now they want the last payment by December.
    Last edited by ymike673; 08-03-17 at 10:47 PM.

Devoted Member

My invoice is on line. 25% increase in PS pricing!!

NYYF Legend

Also have the 2018 season renewal. Infield Grandstand. Price the same as 2017.

Lol yes - full strips.

Makes sense, World Series is definitely the key. Were you given the option to just buy the full strip, or did you have to buy each game separately?
    I no longer have them, but I recall receiving several emails from the Yankees regarding post-season tickets. Since I was out-of-state for business, and my brother didn't have the time / money, I didnt' buy anything.

To that end, I want to say that I was offered a full strip, then there were several email for the WC Play-in game, then the DS. I don't think they had pre-sales for the LCS, but I could be mistaken.

It will all depend on inventory. If plan buys are light this year, we might be offered more.

Ed Randall, who has a Sunday AM show on the FAN is a huge advocate for the netting and has had segments featuring this and had at least one fan who suffered damage from a foul ball.

Regardless of how you feel about the netting, it is already in half a dozen ballparks and sooner than later will be a standard.

I cannot speak first hand to how the netting plays a role in the fan experience. Ed Randall had a guest that said the netting would not obstruct fan's vision and the nets (maybe in some not all cases) will be retracted after the 3rd out of innings to allow for the existing player/fan interaction.

The handheld device is the main reason this is "needed". People are on their devices and not focused on the game. Another reason (handheld devices) that stadium noise is not as loud as prior years. Can't clap with a handheld device in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Regardless of how you feel about the netting, it is already in half a dozen ballparks and sooner than later will be a standard.

I cannot speak first hand to how the netting plays a role in the fan experience. Ed Randall had a guest that said the netting would not obstruct fan's vision and the nets (maybe in some not all cases) will be retracted after the 3rd out of innings to allow for the existing player/fan interaction.
    Now that you mention it, I remember saying to myself, "Man, the nets they installed at the Garden behind the nets is really going to ruin the game-watching experience.

It doesn't ruin mine ten (or more) years since they've installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Ed Randall, who has a Sunday AM show on the FAN is a huge advocate for the netting and has had segments featuring this and had at least one fan who suffered damage from a foul ball.

The handheld device is the main reason this is "needed". People are on their devices and not focused on the game. Another reason (handheld devices) that stadium noise is not as loud as prior years. Can't clap with a handheld device in your hand.
    The NY Times article today said Yankees might extend the netting. Trost " listening to our consultants and working with our architects to devise a plan".

It doesn't ruin mine ten (or more) years since they've installed it.
    It isn't so bad if you're 15 or 20 rows back but it is a major distraction if you're up close. I like to sit close especially if I'm in a new ballpark. I've had great experiences sitting directly behind the dugout in Wrigley, Nationals Park and Safeco, to name just three. Putting the netting there ruins the experience and I'm not talking about simply the view of the field but the experience of feeling that you're "right there" in the game, never mind the potential for interaction with the players.

The worst thing about it is the hypocritical thinking that is used to justify it. Clubs say, "we've got to protect our distracted fans that aren't paying attention," but how about the distracted fans sitting higher up that aren't protected and those farther down the lines that aren't protected? They are even less likely to be paying attention since they are farther away from the action but yet line drive fouls go screaming into those areas as well. If they were putting nets up all around the field (which would also prevent home runs from entering the seats) then at least it would be rational.

Thread Information