+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: Playoff pricing

Devoted Member

Re: Playoff pricing

Quote Originally Posted by jpreston View Post
    Anyone try the MasterCard online presale today for WS? I am stuck at "Sit tight, we are securing your tickets" for almost 2 hours now for home game 2. Other games, look like there's no chance, but I'm keeping the faith that something happens for this one.
    In the same boat as you
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Anyone try the MasterCard online presale today for WS? I am stuck at "Sit tight, we are securing your tickets" for almost 2 hours now for home game 2. Other games, look like there's no chance, but I'm keeping the faith that something happens for this one.
    You might try checking periodically later in the day; for the ticket licensee pre-sale, I saw tickets in the afternoon that were not available in the morning (for some reason).

Also, there are seats held back for the public on-sale (10 AM Friday 10/20-tomorrow), so you might try then.

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    You might try checking periodically later in the day; for the ticket licensee pre-sale, I saw tickets in the afternoon that were not available in the morning (for some reason).

Also, there are seats held back for the public on-sale (10 AM Friday 10/20-tomorrow), so you might try then.
    Thanks - yeah, I plan on hitting refresh all through the day, and if that doesn't work, trying tomorrow!

Addicted Member

Holy crap $340 for standing room ?! I keep seeing tickets for SRO but when i click on them it says they have been sold.

I saw a nice amount of tickets on the "map" earlier today but couldnt add anything to my cart. if I cant get 1 ticket to 1 game off ticketmaster Im gonna be really upset.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Had the same experience. Going to keep trying throughout the day and for sure tomorrow, but 2 tickets, best available, Game 2, never once got anything. Disappointed

Just like everybody else here, I was clicking away this morning and I didn't get any tickets.
    But it was only later that I took a close look and saw this text on the Yankee ticket webpage (to the left of the MasterCard logo):
    "Yankees Postseason tickets are on sale now. A limited number of Postseason Standing Room Only Passes are still available."

Here's the link:
    http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/info/postseason

So for those of us looking for actual seats, it looks like all of our efforts were for nothing. According to the message, it looks like there might have just been a few SRO tickets available. It will probably will be the same for tomorrow's general public sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_15 View Post
    Just like everybody else here, I was clicking away this morning and I didn't get any tickets.
    But it was only later that I took a close look and saw this text on the Yankee ticket webpage (to the left of the MasterCard logo):
    "Yankees Postseason tickets are on sale now. A limited number of Postseason Standing Room Only Passes are still available."

Here's the link:
    http://m.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/info/postseason

So for those of us looking for actual seats, it looks like all of our efforts were for nothing. According to the message, it looks like there might have just been a few SRO tickets available. It will probably will be the same for tomorrow's general public sale.
    there was actual seats available. they just went super quickly. probably due to bots.

can't even search for tickets...get the following message:

Oh-no! These tickets went fast and we're unable to find more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    there was actual seats available. they just went super quickly. probably due to bots.
    Could you maybe give us some details about how you know that? Like the available seat locations you saw and the prices and quantities? And if they were there, why didn't you buy them? I saw no ticket availability from exactly 10AM onwards for any of the games.

I suspect that the website message stating that only SRO tickets were available stayed exactly the same all day - I seriously doubt that they update the message as the sale progresses. Also, the message has been there for several hours, even though SRO's are sold out for today's sale.

Could you maybe give us some details about how you know that? Like the available seat locations you saw and the prices and quantities? And if they were there, why didn't you buy them? I saw no ticket availability from exactly 10AM onwards for any of the games.

I suspect that the website message stating that only SRO tickets were available stayed exactly the same all day - I seriously doubt that they update the message as the sale progresses. Also, the message has been there for several hours, even though SRO's are sold out for today's sale.
    You're misunderstanding that message. They're not saying only SRO passes are available. I'm not even sure how you're interpreting that, from that.

There were tickets available in several different sections, but I couldn't add any to my cart, which is why I didn't buy them. I tried to buy them but couldn't.

You're misunderstanding that message. They're not saying only SRO passes are available. I'm not even sure how you're interpreting that, from that.

There were tickets available in several different sections, but I couldn't add any to my cart, which is why I didn't buy them. I tried to buy them but couldn't.
    It's not possible to misinterpret the message on the Yankee website:

The Yankees were telling us that a limited number of SRO's were available during today's sale. They were not telling us that a limited number of SEATS and SRO's were available, they ONLY mentioned that SRO's were available today - they limited their statement to saying that only SRO's were available today. You can't read that statement from the Yankee website any other way.

If you tried to buy the tickets for seats, but couldn't, that means they were NOT available.

It sure looks like those of us who wanted to buy tickets for seats today wasted our time. There may have been a limited number of SRO's, but that's it.

The Yankees were telling us that a limited number of SRO's were available during today's sale. They were not telling us that a limited number of SEATS and SRO's were available, they ONLY mentioned that SRO's were available today - they limited their statement to saying that only SRO's were available today. You can't read that statement from the Yankee website any other way.

If you tried to buy the tickets for seats, but couldn't, that means they were NOT available.

It sure looks like those of us who wanted to buy tickets for seats today wasted our time. There may have been a limited number of SRO's, but that's it.
    I still don't get your train of thought, but best believe seats were available and were purchased today by people.

Based upon my understanding of the practices in years past, World Series are difficult to get, in part, because tickets are set aside for MLB officials, MLB teams (all 30 of them), and MLB advertisers. And while I believe the press area in the new Stadium is larger than in the OYS, for the WS in the past, there were some seats set aside for overflow media.

Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.....

Based upon my understanding of the practices in years past, World Series are difficult to get, in part, because tickets are set aside for MLB officials, MLB teams (all 30 of them), and MLB advertisers. And while I believe the press area in the new Stadium is larger than in the OYS, for the WS in the past, there were some seats set aside for overflow media.
    Absolutely true, there are loads of set-aside seats for the WS. Typically in the past, any "leftover" seats for WS would be in the wings in the upper deck, bleachers, or maybe a few better locations if you got extremely lucky. The smaller seating capacity in new YS also doesn't help. And now with two sections of the bleachers removed, more of the "leftovers" will be SRO's.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ability to purchase ticket strips is reserved for full season ticket licensees, and 20 and 41 game plan holders who may purchase either 1/4 or 1/2 of the games scheduled, respectively.
    No. These were "extras", which are outside the normal invoiced allotment. An offer was put out to all plan holders (except 9-game value plan holders) to buy up to 4 full playoff strips. I only have a 16-game plan, and got the offer in 2016 and 2017. Grandstand, Main, and Field level seats were offered (check pages 2/3 of this thread).

I was out of town on travel and no where near a computer to take advantage when my window opened. Grandstand was gone when I finally was able to check.

There is no guarantee that the offer will be made in the future. If there is a run on Yankees (plan, fulls, etc.) tickets this off-season, I bet the number of full playoff strips being sold outside of plans will diminish if not end altogether.

I still don't get your train of thought, but best believe seats were available and were purchased today by people.
    I read this as:

1. The electronic ticket window is open for business. (Doesn't mean they have inventory to sell, just that they are open)
    2. A limited number of SRO seats are (or were) available.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I read this as:

1. The electronic ticket window is open for business. (Doesn't mean they have inventory to sell, just that they are open)
    2. A limited number of SRO seats are (or were) available.
    First of all, let's be clear that there's no such thing as "SRO seats". "SRO" means "Standing Room Only". So you don't get a seat, you get a ticket that lets you in the ballpark.

Today's website text said that they were selling "a limited number of Postseason Standing Room Only Passes". That's all. So they weren't offering tickets for seats. And they weren't offering game-used Aaron Judge stirrups. And they weren't offering unicorns. Just the chance to maybe buy a limited number of Standing Room Only tickets.

First of all, let's be clear that there's no such thing as "SRO seats". "SRO" means "Standing Room Only". So you don't get a seat, you get a ticket that lets you in the ballpark.

Today's website text said that they were selling "a limited number of Postseason Standing Room Only Passes". That's all. So they weren't offering tickets for seats. And they weren't offering game-used Aaron Judge stirrups. And they weren't offering unicorns. Just the chance to maybe buy a limited number of Standing Room Only tickets.
    Iíll have some hot sauce with that crow. Of course there arenít seats with standing room, unless of course you can bring in a camping or folding chair. . Bad choice of words on my part. I believe they were only offering standing room tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    No. These were "extras", which are outside the normal invoiced allotment. An offer was put out to all plan holders (except 9-game value plan holders) to buy up to 4 full playoff strips. I only have a 16-game plan, and got the offer in 2016 and 2017. Grandstand, Main, and Field level seats were offered (check pages 2/3 of this thread).

I was out of town on travel and no where near a computer to take advantage when my window opened. Grandstand was gone when I finally was able to check.

There is no guarantee that the offer will be made in the future. If there is a run on Yankees (plan, fulls, etc.) tickets this off-season, I bet the number of full playoff strips being sold outside of plans will diminish if not end altogether.
    dstoffa, thanks for the clarification; I did not receive an offer to purchase ticket strips as I have a smaller plan. Does seniority have anything to do with it, you think? Just curious.

Devoted Member

dstoffa, thanks for the clarification; I did not receive an offer to purchase ticket strips as I have a smaller plan. Does seniority have anything to do with it, you think? Just curious.
    I got an offer to purchase strips with my 16-game plan. 2006 seniority.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I got an offer to purchase strips with my 16-game plan. 2006 seniority.
    JimmyA, thanks for the information.

I had the 9 game this year and didnít get strips. It seemed like they offered everyone strips except those with the 9 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    I had the 9 game this year and didnít get strips. It seemed like they offered everyone strips except those with the 9 game.
    Anyone get anything good with strips?

Thread Information