+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff pricing

Re: Playoff pricing

Quote Originally Posted by SF9067 View Post
    people walking up and down the stairs too
    And the tourists taking selfies with the field in the background at the bottom of the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    But which side of the aisle? 425 is in left / on third base, so if the aisle is on your left, don't worry about it, because you are going to stand up to see a play in the outfield, and the infield action will be to your right, over the seating... Of course, if the aisle is on your right, then you may have some issues. I believe that, at YS, seat numbers run left to right as looking up from the portal, so in 425, seat 1 would be on the bad aisle, while seat 20-something would be on the left aisle, and not be an issue. (It would be opposite if you were in 412... Seat 1 would be the preferred aisle seat)
    I'm on the bad side. thanks for the heads up though, I'll know better next time around.

ticket came out to $80 after all the fees, which is criminal. I wasn't willing to pay $200 to sit in the field though.

if the yankees keep advancing I wont care where I'm sitting lol
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    I'm on the bad side. thanks for the heads up though, I'll know better next time around.

ticket came out to $80 after all the fees, which is criminal. I wasn't willing to pay $200 to sit in the field though.

if the yankees keep advancing I wont care where I'm sitting lol
    I was ready to write, "Don't worry about it. You are effectively at a Game 7."

Well, that isn't entirely true... What constitutes a licensee? If you are a licensee with a 16, 12, or 9 game plan, you do not get invoiced for a playoff strip, and you need to go down the "pre-sale" path.

I won the pre-pre-sale, and was able to secure WC and ALDS tickets at $37, but I was not able to do the same for the LCS. By the time I got to that point, the ticket that started at $59 was $76.

So what does one need to do to acquire a playoff ticket at "face" value if you are a plan holder of less than 20 games?
    1. Win the pre-pre-sale and buy everything very fast?
    2. Buy a full strip (should you be offered the chance)?
    3. Upgrade your plan to 20 or more games?

It would seem that licensees should always get licensee pricing, but I am sure that the TM software adjusting prices accordingly cannot differentiate by pre-sale codes.

I never noticed it before but the licensee page does state:

"All individual game ticket prices are subject to variable and dynamic pricing, which provide fans with more price options based on changing factors that affect market demand."

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I never noticed it before but the licensee page does state:

"All individual game ticket prices are subject to variable and dynamic pricing, which provide fans with more price options based on changing factors that affect market demand."
    I'm honestly guessing they put that in there very very recently given what's happened over the last day here. I still smell BS

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    I'm honestly guessing they put that in there very very recently given what's happened over the last day here. I still smell BS
    Gotta love this line, "which provide fans with more price options "

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Gotta love this line, "which provide fans with more price options "
    More price options? Like paying more, a lot more, or a king's ransom?

Yeah, I like that one to.

I don't recall reading the disclaimer about variable pricing before, but I honestly wasn't even looking for it. Might have to check the archives...

More price options? Like paying more, a lot more, or a king's ransom?

Yeah, I like that one to.

I don't recall reading the disclaimer about variable pricing before, but I honestly wasn't even looking for it. Might have to check the archives...
    it was definitely there before too. from a business standpoint I cant be too mad. they are trying to undercut resellers and get "true" value. on the other hand this stinks for true dedicated fans. I'm literally watching prices go up in front of my eyes. ALDS home game 2 will (probably) fall on Columbus day so automatically prices are higher
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

it was definitely there before too. from a business standpoint I cant be too mad. they are trying to undercut resellers and get "true" value. on the other hand this stinks for true dedicated fans. I'm literally watching prices go up in front of my eyes. ALDS home game 2 will (probably) fall on Columbus day so automatically prices are higher
    Again, it makes it very important to win the pre-pre-sale lottery if you want to minimize cost... or you buy a whole strip... or you upgrade to a plan with invoices...

I only bought three games, because that's all I am going to use.

Looking at inventory, it seems there are spot on. Tickets are selling.... and yes, they do not want to leave any money on the table...

But do me a favor, and don't call it "Licensee Pricing" if it's going to be dynamic... Call it what it is, early entry for an eventual public sale...

Tickets are t exactly flying off the shelf. There are oodles of tickets available 2 hours into a public on sale. This is looking like 2012. I will wait.

What rubs me wrong is the sell price floor on StubHub.
    Many times you will see either the Yankees, consignment partner or connected party selling below the floor.
    Not a fair market for season ticket holders.
    Example tonight would be Legends 14B selling at $300.
    Legends floor is $350 for everyone else.
    Just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    Tickets are t exactly flying off the shelf. There are oodles of tickets available 2 hours into a public on sale. This is looking like 2012. I will wait.
    Well, if you consider everyone with a MasterCard a public sale, tickets are moving. For the Wild Card game, there is really nothing left except out in the wings of the terrace and grandstand. There is much less there now than earlier today. I did not check the other games.

I can't imagine people are buying these tickets at these prices on speculation...

im noticing a lot of seats labeled obstructed view that arent during the regular season. I just bought a grandstand ticket for the wild card game. the same exact seat is "obstructed view" for the alds, but not for wild card? what in the hell?

edit- nevermind, that seat is labeled obstructed everywhere.

whatsup with grandstand seats above home plate having obstructed seats? are they referring to that glass border in the front of the first row potentially being in the way?
    I bought seats in 420c labeled obstructed
    They're not remotely obstructed

I remember in the old days to try and thrawt reselling when you had to buy tix at the stadium they had a giant red stamp and would stamp OBSTRUCTED on the tickets

Of course they weren't actually obstructed and never labeled as such in the regular seaaon

Again, it makes it very important to win the pre-pre-sale lottery if you want to minimize cost... or you buy a whole strip... or you upgrade to a plan with invoices...

I only bought three games, because that's all I am going to use.

Looking at inventory, it seems there are spot on. Tickets are selling.... and yes, they do not want to leave any money on the table...

But do me a favor, and don't call it "Licensee Pricing" if it's going to be dynamic... Call it what it is, early entry for an eventual public sale...
    This is spot on. I actually am surprised at how impactful not winning that lottery was, or not getting the ability to buy strips with my 9 game plan.

Looks like the wildcard game is sold out, except a few Audi club seats

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Looks like the wildcard game is sold out, except a few Audi club seats
    It looks like they are for sale on Stubhub as there are over 8,000 seats for sale

Addicted Member

It is not possible for the Yankees to have 4 home games in the ALCS, correct? They will be the lower seed no matter what.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    It is not possible for the Yankees to have 4 home games in the ALCS, correct? They will be the lower seed no matter what.
    its possible. Yanks win the division and their 1st round series and the wild card winner wins their ALDS series, the Yankees would have home field in the ALCS

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    its possible. Yanks win the division and their 1st round series and the wild card winner wins their ALDS series, the Yankees would have home field in the ALCS
    While mathematically possible, the Yankees have a less than 1% to be the top seed or the #2 seed. They have a 13% chance of catching Boston and becoming the #3 seed. (Not including today's matinee)

They are pretty much locked into the top Wild Card spot, will host that game, and will be on the road the rest of the way.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/mlb/americanstandings.html

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    It looks like they are for sale on Stubhub as there are over 8,000 seats for sale
    They are most likely from fans who bought and are looking to profit a bit on their purchase if they can. If they donít they probably will go to the game.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Thanks makes sense.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Addicted Member

Received notification that my playoff tickets have shipped. I am guessing it is from season tickets and season ticket presale.

All tickets - season ticket postseason, season ticket additional strips, and presales are in my Yankee account. Cant do anything with them yet but they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but that is a horrible idea. They are devaluing (although not reducing prices) on some of the best seats in the house.

I attended a game in Houston this year and sat in the front row behind the dugout. Looking through that net is horrible and the net completely cuts off any interaction with the players. Balls that might be tossed into the stands over the dugout are instead not thrown into the stands at all or thrown into the stands at the far end of the dugout.

I'd like to know just how many people have been injured at major league games where they wouldn't have otherwise been hurt if there had been a net extended to the far end of the dugouts? I'm wagering not very many and if anyone is so scared of that happening, they certainly have the option to sit in the upper deck or not attend at all.

If the Yankees (or any other club) is so concerned about fan safety, they should simply insist on playing all games in front of an empty stadium. After all, there are likely more than enough auto accidents involving fans traveling to or from the games that it could be justified.
    Well, I think we know what the Yankees will be doing in the off-season with regards to the netting...

Well, I think we know what the Yankees will be doing in the off-season with regards to the netting...
    Yankees players are quoted now as saying they want the netting. At the recent series at Citi, the netting did not bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Received notification that my playoff tickets have shipped. I am guessing it is from season tickets and season ticket presale.

All tickets - season ticket postseason, season ticket additional strips, and presales are in my Yankee account. Cant do anything with them yet but they are there.
    I am able to transfer season ticket postseason and season ticket additional strips for WC, ALDS and ALCS but not WS.

Thanks for the heads up on the shipment, I was not notified but package is in Fedex tracking system when I track by my account number as reference number online.

Thread Information