+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff pricing

Re: Playoff pricing

Quote Originally Posted by SF9067 View Post
    did anyone try purchasing tickets during the STH presale? and noticed the prices went UP during the sale????
    Didn't pay attention. I won the pre-pre-sale lottery. GSO was $45 all in for the WC/ALDS. GSO was $85 all in for the ALCS.

I requested hard tickets, but we shall see if they are actually fullfilled that way.

If you use IE, you could select your seats. If you use Chrome or Firefox, the computer picks for you. Doubt this will be available when the virtual lobby fills up...

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Didn't pay attention. I won the pre-pre-sale lottery. GSO was $45 all in for the WC/ALDS. GSO was $85 all in for the ALCS.

I requested hard tickets, but we shall see if they are actually fullfilled that way.

If you use IE, you could select your seats. If you use Chrome or Firefox, the computer picks for you. Doubt this will be available when the virtual lobby fills up...
    cool

I'm pretty sure prices went up during the sale...checked out a pair of Grandstands for ALCS and final price was 165 after fees. go back in and looked at the same section...now checkout price for that section is 210.

Pricing structure advertised a $30 option for WC and DS...That option WAS there, but disappeared about 5-10 min of looking

Quote Originally Posted by SF9067 View Post
    cool

I'm pretty sure prices went up during the sale...checked out a pair of Grandstands for ALCS and final price was 165 after fees. go back in and looked at the same section...now checkout price for that section is 210.

Pricing structure advertised a $30 option for WC and DS...That option WAS there, but disappeared about 5-10 min of looking
    Base price was $37 for WC/LDS. That price I am sure didn't change during the pre-pre-sale...
    Last edited by dstoffa; 09-18-17 at 01:26 PM.

The prices were definitely inflated compared to what they had listed on their website. For the WC game I bought tickets at the back of the main level for $91 + fees, even though they were advertised for $75. That was the case for all games, which is an outrage.

Addicted Member

This is the result of dynamic pricing which was implemented this season. It is not new.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    This is the result of dynamic pricing which was implemented this season. It is not new.
    agreed..but would dynamic pricing affect prices that quickly in a matter of 10-15 min? The answer is probably yes based on what I saw.

so it's unlucky for the folks who check out 20 min later than initial sales?

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    If that's the case then why advertise the set prices on their website for licensees?

Base price was $27 for WC/LDS. That price I am sure didn't change during the pre-pre-sale...
    It did. I was chosen for the pre-pre sale this morning at 10AM. Bought some bleachers for the ALDS at $30 each. Went back at around 10:30 and those same tickets were $56. The prices jacked up within the same presale time! Go look now using your code, they went way up from that base price. The postseason pricing on the Yankees website is completely inaccurate now

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    If that's the case then why advertise the set prices on their website for licensees?
    Ask little Lonnie or red faced Levine
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

I had a presale code from staten island Yankees tickets
    I bought tickets for a few games at the prices they were supposed to be but after that these dirtbags jacked the prices up to about 30-50 pct (depending on location) above where they should have been

I just checked back for wild card prices and they went up even more than when I bought them a couple hours ago. Pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    I just checked back for wild card prices and they went up even more than when I bought them a couple hours ago. Pretty ridiculous.
    Yes they did. A co-worker asked me to check inventory....

Tickets that went for $37 + $6 ea plus a $3.30 processing fee at 10:05 am this morning are now being sold for $71 + fees...

Almost doubled...

Wonder how much sales will stall going forward... but I guess these tickets will sell eventually once the public sale starts tomorrow.

anybody still have a presale code I can utilize?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Wow, I don't know if that's a normal practice now even for predictable rush sales like this, but it's very deceptive. The Yankees still have the base prices posted on the website, but we won't be seeing those again. It's hard to separate the normal fees from the gouging, but I ended up paying more than $150 over face for a pair of the cheapest seats available to three games--about a 60% markup.

Bottom line is to do the math before you check out, but this is Schumerific -- I plan to send a note to the Yankees, Ticketmaster, and Senator Airfare to complain. Hope you'll join me!

I have the Pre Sale and will Watch the Games on TV. The Yankees will not rip me off. $71 for Grandstand is a Joke. I am willing to pay the price for the World Series but not for the Playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees dog View Post
    I have the Pre Sale and will Watch the Games on TV. The Yankees will not rip me off. $71 for Grandstand is a Joke. I am willing to pay the price for the World Series but not for the Playoffs.
    That's fine and a personal choice.
    For me i'm ok paying that but not ok having one set of prices listed and ten mins later having the prices jump. I had tickets in 107 for i think 105 each, the sale didn't go thru then when i tried to buy them again they were 160.

the pricing is ridiculous. im not buying a 70 dollar bleacher ticket for a wild card game. what the hell

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    the pricing is ridiculous. im not buying a 70 dollar bleacher ticket for a wild card game. what the hell
    I couldn't even pull a Bleacher seat, kept getting the wings of the grandstand. That said the pricing is insane, especially after they released the pricing and it showed $30. Bad job by the Yanks. Would hate to see the TM prices for a WS game.

It seems clear on yankees.com

Here is the link to postseason pricing for licensees

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

Here is the link to postseason pricing for non licensees

http://mlb.mlb.com/ticketing/pricing...on&mode=minmax

seems that the non licensee pricing is variable and dynamic as the WC is more than the ALDS now.

im noticing a lot of seats labeled obstructed view that arent during the regular season. I just bought a grandstand ticket for the wild card game. the same exact seat is "obstructed view" for the alds, but not for wild card? what in the hell?

edit- nevermind, that seat is labeled obstructed everywhere.

whatsup with grandstand seats above home plate having obstructed seats? are they referring to that glass border in the front of the first row potentially being in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    It seems clear on yankees.com

Here is the link to postseason pricing for licensees

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_pricing.jsp

Here is the link to postseason pricing for non licensees

http://mlb.mlb.com/ticketing/pricing...on&mode=minmax

seems that the non licensee pricing is variable and dynamic as the WC is more than the ALDS now.
    Well, that isn't entirely true... What constitutes a licensee? If you are a licensee with a 16, 12, or 9 game plan, you do not get invoiced for a playoff strip, and you need to go down the "pre-sale" path.

I won the pre-pre-sale, and was able to secure WC and ALDS tickets at $37, but I was not able to do the same for the LCS. By the time I got to that point, the ticket that started at $59 was $76.

So what does one need to do to acquire a playoff ticket at "face" value if you are a plan holder of less than 20 games?
    1. Win the pre-pre-sale and buy everything very fast?
    2. Buy a full strip (should you be offered the chance)?
    3. Upgrade your plan to 20 or more games?

It would seem that licensees should always get licensee pricing, but I am sure that the TM software adjusting prices accordingly cannot differentiate by pre-sale codes.

im noticing a lot of seats labeled obstructed view that arent during the regular season. I just bought a grandstand ticket for the wild card game. the same exact seat is "obstructed view" for the alds, but not for wild card? what in the hell?

edit- nevermind, that seat is labeled obstructed everywhere.

whatsup with grandstand seats above home plate having obstructed seats? are they referring to that glass border in the front of the first row potentially being in the way?
    Glass border and expanded metal fence. The seats near the aisles by the portals are labeled as such, especially the ones near the knuckles at the top of the portals. If you are a giraffe, you have no worries. If you are a dwarf, you may have some issues.

Glass border and expanded metal fence. The seats near the aisles by the portals are labeled as such, especially the ones near the knuckles at the top of the portals. If you are a giraffe, you have no worries. If you are a dwarf, you may have some issues.
    crap. did I just make a mistake, I'm in 425 row 7 on the aisle. i'm 6 foot but I dont wanna be uncomfortable the entire time

crap. did I just make a mistake, I'm in 425 row 7 on the aisle. i'm 6 foot but I dont wanna be uncomfortable the entire time
    people walking up and down the stairs too

But which side of the aisle? 425 is in left / on third base, so if the aisle is on your left, don't worry about it, because you are going to stand up to see a play in the outfield, and the infield action will be to your right, over the seating... Of course, if the aisle is on your right, then you may have some issues. I believe that, at YS, seat numbers run left to right as looking up from the portal, so in 425, seat 1 would be on the bad aisle, while seat 20-something would be on the left aisle, and not be an issue. (It would be opposite if you were in 412... Seat 1 would be the preferred aisle seat)

Thread Information