+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff pricing

Re: Playoff pricing

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Also have the 2018 season renewal. Infield Grandstand. Price the same as 2017.
    $18 increase per seat for my 16 game GSO Friday Plan. Probably attributed to Tier Pricing changes. (Tier 2 got a $2 bump).

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    It isn't so bad if you're 15 or 20 rows back but it is a major distraction if you're up close. I like to sit close especially if I'm in a new ballpark. I've had great experiences sitting directly behind the dugout in Wrigley, Nationals Park and Safeco, to name just three. Putting the netting there ruins the experience and I'm not talking about simply the view of the field but the experience of feeling that you're "right there" in the game, never mind the potential for interaction with the players.

The worst thing about it is the hypocritical thinking that is used to justify it. Clubs say, "we've got to protect our distracted fans that aren't paying attention," but how about the distracted fans sitting higher up that aren't protected and those farther down the lines that aren't protected? They are even less likely to be paying attention since they are farther away from the action but yet line drive fouls go screaming into those areas as well. If they were putting nets up all around the field (which would also prevent home runs from entering the seats) then at least it would be rational.
    The key is that the areas behind home plate and the dugouts are prone to foul balls hit so hard that fans that are paying attention have no time to react. Balls that are looped into the stands are less likely to be dangerous, so they aren't as big a priority. The velocity of balls even in the outfield aren't as bad, and if they extend the netting all the way down the lines it will eliminate pretty much all of the dangerous line drive situations. I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    The key is that the areas behind home plate and the dugouts are prone to foul balls hit so hard that fans that are paying attention have no time to react. Balls that are looped into the stands are less likely to be dangerous, so they aren't as big a priority. The velocity of balls even in the outfield aren't as bad, and if they extend the netting all the way down the lines it will eliminate pretty much all of the dangerous line drive situations. I'm all for it.
    A NYS legislator wants to have netting foul pole to foul pole. I think Mets got ahead of it by putting it up past dugout to avoid the look of non-cooperation and to quiet this guy from insisting it going any further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    A NYS legislator wants to have netting foul pole to foul pole. I think Mets got ahead of it by putting it up past dugout to avoid the look of non-cooperation and to quiet this guy from insisting it going any further down the line.
    That's one sure way to curb fan interference....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    And he wants that law to cover every professional BB team that plays in New York State.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    $18 increase per seat for my 16 game GSO Friday Plan. Probably attributed to Tier Pricing changes. (Tier 2 got a $2 bump).
    Does that imply that the Yankees already know the 2018 schedule and know the Tier level for each game in partial season ticket plans?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Does that imply that the Yankees already know the 2018 schedule and know the Tier level for each game in partial season ticket plans?
    The preliminary schedule is know to the teams now. There was an AP story last month that mentioned who the Yankees road and home opponents would be to start the 2018 season and the dates of those games.

Question to anyone who has a 9 game plan... have you ever been able to buy strips with that plan? My rep says that's just for 20 game plans and higher, but I'm guessing he's telling me that to try and get me to upgrade. Thanks.
    Just received email from Yankees offering me the opportunity to buy a full playoff strip.

Just received email from Yankees offering me the opportunity to buy a full playoff strip.
    I did not yet get that email... you're on a 9 game plan right? Any chance you can post that email? And are you given a unique code, or is it one you can share?

I did not yet get that email... you're on a 9 game plan right? Any chance you can post that email? And are you given a unique code, or is it one you can share?
    16 game Friday Plan.
    No code. It's through your Yankees / TM account. I can post the body:

Your postseason ticket strip pre-on-sale opportunity

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

As part of our Legacy Club initiative, we would like to extend to you the opportunity to purchase general seating full postseason ticket strips. This purchase opportunity is in addition to the postseason tickets that you are eligible to purchase according to your 2017 Ticket License Plan, and the two (2) preliminary pre-on-sales and two (2) pre-on-sales for Ticket Licensees whose partial plans contain less than twenty (20) games ("Eligible Licensees").

A full postseason ticket strip is the same seat location for all potential Yankees home games scheduled to be played at Yankee Stadium (each a "Game" and, collectively, the "Games") during the 2017 postseason.

This pre-on-sale is structured in a way that recognizes eligible Licensees' seniority and plan type.

This pre-on-sale opportunity will be ONLINE ONLY and take place via your My Yankees Account.

You will be permitted to purchase, subject to availability, a maximum of four (4) general seating full postseason ticket strips (the "Ticket Limit"). Only a LIMITED number of full postseason ticket strips (as determined by the New York Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion) will be made available during the pre-on-sale.
    I won't be able to check until some time after my window opens, as I am traveling and at the service of someone else - so no access when my window opens.

I would assume that inventory for fulls that went unsold will be in this inventory.

The pre on sale for strips for season ticket holders runs through Sunday.. No bleachers were
    available .

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    The pre on sale for strips for season ticket holders runs through Sunday.. No bleachers were
    available .
    No Jim Beams were available either.

Grandstand, Main and Field were available.

Hoping I can somehow get my hands on the presale - looking for mains or grandstands

Did any 9 game plan holders get the email?

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    available .

Grandstand was gone when I logged in a few minutes ago.
    There was some Terrace, but most inventory was Main and Field. Nothing cheaper than $871 out in 305. There was a pair in 324 for $1885.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Did any 9 game plan holders get the email?
    I am a 9 game holder and I did not.

Question to anyone who has a 9 game plan... have you ever been able to buy strips with that plan? My rep says that's just for 20 game plans and higher, but I'm guessing he's telling me that to try and get me to upgrade. Thanks.
    I've got a 12 game plan and have access to the presale. Got a lot on my plate though financially this year and am passing on it

Just got email from the Yankees for the pre-on-sale and the pre-pre-on-sale... still kind of amazing they didn't offer 9 game licensees strips, unless the plan is to jack up the prices for these pre-on-sales.

Dear Season Ticket Licensee:

On behalf of the Steinbrenner family and the Yankees' players, manager, coaches and front-office staff, we thank you for your support this season.

2017 Postseason - Preliminary pre-on-sales: We are happy to announce that for the 2017 postseason, in addition to two (2) pre-on-sales, the Yankees will continue to have two (2) preliminary pre-on-sales for Ticket Licensees whose partial plans contain less than twenty (20) games ("Eligible Licensees"). As more particularly set forth in the Terms and Conditions, each preliminary pre-on-sale is structured in a way that recognizes Eligible Licensees' seniority and the number of seats in their partial plans. All 2017 Eligible Licensees will be automatically entered into two (2) ONLINE ONLY random drawings to participate in the preliminary pre-on-sales. Each drawing will select a number of Eligible Licensees who will participate in the applicable preliminary pre-on-sale for the opportunity to purchase tickets (subject to availability) for potential games scheduled to be played in Yankee Stadium during the applicable potential 2017 postseason series.

As an Eligible Licensee, even if you are not selected to participate in the preliminary pre-on-sales, you will be provided with the opportunity to purchase tickets, subject to availability, to potential 2017 postseason games scheduled to be played in Yankee Stadium as part of the pre-on-sales scheduled to be held on or about Sept. 18, 2017 and on or about Oct. 17, 2017, respectively.

For the 2017 postseason, the Yankees will hold the following preliminary pre-on-sales and pre-on-sales ONLINE ONLY for 2017 Ticket Licensees who hold at least one (1) partial plan (i.e., Ticket Licensees with a 16-Game Plan, a 12-Game Plan and/or a 9-Game Plan in their Ticket Account):
    On or about 10 a.m. on Sept. 18, 2017: Preliminary pre-on-sale for the opportunity to purchase available tickets to potential games scheduled to be played during the Wild Card Game ("Wild Card"), American League Division Series ("ALDS") and/or the American League Championship Series ("ALCS");
    On or about 11 a.m. on Sept. 18, 2017: Pre-on-sale for the opportunity to purchase available tickets to potential games scheduled to be played during the Wild Card, ALDS and/or the ALCS;
    On or about 10 a.m. on Oct. 17, 2017: Preliminary pre-on-sale for the opportunity to purchase available tickets to potential games scheduled to be played during the World Series; and
    On or about 11 a.m. on Oct. 17, 2017: Pre-on-sale for the opportunity to purchase available tickets to potential games scheduled to be played during the World Series.
    Only a LIMITED number of tickets (as determined by the New York Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion) will be made available during the preliminary pre-on-sales and pre-on-sales.

Both the preliminary pre-on-sales and the pre-on-sales will be held prior to the dates on which tickets for the applicable 2017 postseason series will be made available for purchase to the general public. Please take a moment to carefully review the terms and conditions relating to the preliminary pre-on-sales and the pre-on-sales as they differ from prior years' pre-on-sale terms and conditions for postseason games.

concerning the postseason presales, has anyone ever had any problem with exceeding the 8 ticket limit per game TM ACCOUNT (not code) . i have a couple of codes (yankee universe / 9 game plan preliminary onsale) and wondering if i could use both on the same TM account

If I recall from the past, it really was only the code that was cut off after 8 tickets

anybody have a presale code they would be willing to share?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Just got email from the Yankees for the pre-on-sale and the pre-pre-on-sale... still kind of amazing they didn't offer 9 game licensees strips, unless the plan is to jack up the prices for these pre-on-sales.
    I won the pre-pre sale lottery for the first pre-on sale. Different unique code than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    concerning the postseason presales, has anyone ever had any problem with exceeding the 8 ticket limit per game TM ACCOUNT (not code) . i have a couple of codes (yankee universe / 9 game plan preliminary onsale) and wondering if i could use both on the same TM account

If I recall from the past, it really was only the code that was cut off after 8 tickets
    BUMP - I would like to know this too???

I won the pre-pre sale lottery for the first pre-on sale. Different unique code than in the past.
    Lucky, I did not win the lottery unfortunately. I'm not sure it'd be that big of a problem tough, as wildcard/ALDS tickets usually aren't an issue in my experience.

Addicted Member

Lucky, I did not win the lottery unfortunately. I'm not sure it'd be that big of a problem tough, as wildcard/ALDS tickets usually aren't an issue in my experience.
    Been a couple of years since Yanks in playoffs. I would expect Wild Card and ALDS to do better than in recent years.

did anyone try purchasing tickets during the STH presale? and noticed the prices went UP during the sale????

Thread Information