+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is A Rod?

NYYF Legend

Where is A Rod?

Just wondering? Haven't heard about him in a long while. Is he working with our prospects and/or scouting other teams to evaluate the talent of prospect trade prospects?

Or is he just sitting on the beach sipping a Mai Tai?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Re: Where is A Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Just wondering? Haven't heard about him in a long while. Is he working with our prospects and/or scouting other teams to evaluate the talent of prospect trade prospects?

Or is he just sitting on the beach sipping a Mai Tai?

Andy
    According to the gossip rags he's hanging out with Jennifer Lopez. The man has his priorities.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I've seen him working with Kevin Burkhard on Fox nationally televised games. He's very good.

He was at the National Sports Collector's Convention yesterday signing autographs.

arod.jpg

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

He worked 3 days in Spring Training for his 21 mil this year.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

He's having an arcade game named after him:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...-game-arodcade

NYYF Legend

^It says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting."

NYYF Legend

He's working for Fox and hanging out with Jennifer Lopez. Since Jeter will be part owner of the Marlins, I wonder if Jeter will hire him in Miami to be their TV sports announce?😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    ^It says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting."
    Just saw this post. Photobucket is pretty much blackmailing their customers for $400.

Guess I'll have to find another site that hosts images. Any recommendations? I heard that imgur hijacks browsers.

OK...let's try this again.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    OK...let's try this again.

I found him. And J-Lo.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    I found him. And J-Lo.

Forum Regular

Let's see -

Technically he is still an advisor to Hal S. and a Yankees team mentor.

He grew his corporation by buying rental apartments; it now owns 8,500 units and manages 13,000 units in 12 states.

He and JLo had lunch with Gary Sanchez two days ago and Sanchez is crediting Alex with helping him out of his slump.

He just opened a UFC gym in Kendall, FL and plans to open 10 more around Miami.

He invested in some TruFusion fitness company and sold the auto dealerships he used to own.

He's going to be one of the Shark Tank judges this Fall on ABC.

He's filming a CNBC show called "Back In the Game" about pro athletes who squandered their money.

He's doing bootcamps for Hispanic kids at Boys & Girls' Clubs on buying/managing properties.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

I am fairly certain that this belongs in the WGAS Forum. Just sayin...
    -Lou
    27 (28 in 2017)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OCaptainMyCaptain View Post
    Let's see -

He grew his corporation by buying rental apartments; it now owns 8,500 units and manages 13,000 units in 12 states.

He and JLo had lunch with Gary Sanchez two days ago and Sanchez is crediting Alex with helping him out of his slump.

He invested in some TruFusion fitness company and sold the auto dealerships he used to own.

He's filming a CNBC show called "Back In the Game" about pro athletes who squandered their money.

He's doing bootcamps for Hispanic kids at Boys & Girls' Clubs on buying/managing properties.

Maybe ARod should spend some time with Judge?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Maybe ARod should spend some time with Judge?

Andy
    At least a lunch would seem in order. Coffee break, even.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OCaptainMyCaptain View Post
    Let's see -

If A Rod had worked with Sanchez and reportedly helped him out of his slump, why isn't he working with Judge?

In 2017 Judge has had 575 plate appearances so far, with 175 K's 96 BB's and 5 IBB's which translates to 275 PA's without putting the ball into play, or over 50% of his plate appearances not putting the ball into play. If anyone needs help it's Judge and since the Yankees are paying A Rod $21 mil for 2017 he should be helping Judge .

Andy

If A Rod had worked with Sanchez and reportedly helped him out of his slump, why isn't he working with Judge?

In 2017 Judge has had 575 plate appearances so far, with 175 K's 96 BB's and 5 IBB's which translates to 275 PA's without putting the ball into play, or over 50% of his plate appearances not putting the ball into play. If anyone needs help it's Judge and since the Yankees are paying A Rod $21 mil for 2017 he should be helping Judge .

Andy
    Do we know that he isn't working with Judge?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Do we know that he isn't working with Judge?

No we don't, but if he was we should have heard about it from the announcers and since most believe that all he needs is a little adjustment in his swing, we should have seen some progress by now.

Andy

NYYF Legend

I have a feeling that not only A-Rod has been trying to help Judge but countless other hitting coaches have been trying to help. I think he is doing too much thinking when he is hitting. Why not take the Torreyes approach and start swing from the first pitch that looks good.

Sitting on a beach in an exotic country, sipping petron with his hot ass girlfriend(s) and getting massaches and minage a trois.

Meanwhile, the people making minimum wage cleaning toilets continue to make fun of him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by xdemon97 View Post
    Sitting on a beach in an exotic country, sipping petron with his hot ass girlfriend(s) and getting massaches and minage a trois.

Meanwhile, the people making minimum wage cleaning toilets continue to make fun of him. LOL
    1. She is no longer hot, IMO. Needs tons of makeup and weaves to look "hot".
    2. It's Patron.
    3. It's massages.
    4. It's ménage à trois.
    5. "People making minimum wage cleaning toilets LOL."

There is nothing wrong with making an honest living, and that includes cleaning toilets. Before you disparage anyone, perhaps you should show this post to a tutor or teacher so that they can help increase your chances of future employment.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    1. She is no longer hot, IMO. Needs tons of makeup and weaves to look "hot".
    2. It's Patron.
    3. It's massages.
    4. It's ménage à trois.
    5. "People making minimum wage cleaning toilets LOL."

There is nothing wrong with making an honest living, and that includes cleaning toilets. Before you disparage anyone, perhaps you should show this post to a tutor or teacher so that they can help increase your chances of future employment.
    Spelling nazi!

(I thought those spellings were some interesting dialectical variation, maybe how they write English in some "exotic country." And he did say "girlfriend(s)," not naming names, so that leaves A-Rod a lot of leeway in his choice of companion(s).)

(Oh, and assuming you meant the tequila ... it's Patrón. With an ó.)

NYYF Legend

When I first read it I thought he was saying Alex was "sipping petrol." I thought maybe A-Rod was suicidal, sort of like a Richard Cory scenario.

Thread Information