+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 320
  1. #276
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    well, for a finale it was surprising. But itís plausible and only plausible because Eugene did what he did with the bullets making the Saviors absolutely docile.

    If you take the entire season into account there were lives lost. A massive price was paid for this war. That cemetery got awful large.
    Well, the actress that plays Maggie still hasnít signed on for next season. But you may be able to catch her this fall on an ABC legal drama!
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  2. #277
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    i don't think that is their aim, or their desire. but at some point in the upcoming feud, i would not be surprised if rick & michonne are acceptable collateral damage to them.
    There's definitely a civil war brewing. I guess that's their end game, which is different than fighting other groups. A new direction.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  3. #278
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    well, for a finale it was surprising. But itís plausible and only plausible because Eugene did what he did with the bullets making the Saviors absolutely docile.

    If you take the entire season into account there were lives lost. A massive price was paid for this war. That cemetery got awful large.
    Carl was the only onr who mattere,and his death had nothing to do with the war. A lot of garbage Pail Kids were killed and pureed, but who cares?

    I guess Aaron probably died, too. Unless I missed something, the last we saw of him was when the She-Woman Man-Haters Club was leaving him to be attacked by a zombie. But then they decided to show up anyway, for no apparent reason other than narrative necessity.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  4. #279

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Carl was the only onr who mattere,and his death had nothing to do with the war. A lot of garbage Pail Kids were killed and pureed, but who cares?

    I guess Aaron probably died, too. Unless I missed something, the last we saw of him was when the She-Woman Man-Haters Club was leaving him to be attacked by a zombie. But then they decided to show up anyway, for no apparent reason other than narrative necessity.
    Aaron was with the women throwing the fire bombs.
    The feminist agenda ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. ~Pat Robertson 1992

  5. #280
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Aaron was with the women throwing the fire bombs.
    OK, I missed that. Still for no apparent reason.

  6. #281

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    OK, I missed that. Still for no apparent reason.
    Aaron's entire existence is pretty much for no apparent reason. Like Tara.
    The feminist agenda ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. ~Pat Robertson 1992

  7. #282
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Aaron's entire existence is pretty much for no apparent reason. Like Tara.
    Or Gabriel. For that matter, Jesus and Ezekiel had good reasons to exist when they started, but their meaning has mostly withered away.

    Not much reason for Rosita, either, except as he candy. Come to think of it, thatís not trivial.

  8. #283
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Or Gabriel. For that matter, Jesus and Ezekiel had good reasons to exist when they started, but their meaning has mostly withered away.

    Not much reason for Rosita, either, except as he candy. Come to think of it, thatís not trivial.
    so many needless pieces of poop in this show, ranging from characters, plot lines, and entire episodes.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  9. #284
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    so many needless pieces of poop in this show, ranging from characters, plot lines, and entire episodes.
    so, are you tapping out yet?
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  10. #285
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Aaron's entire existence is pretty much for no apparent reason. Like Tara.
    really? I like Aaron’s character. He’s a bit of an oddball at times but the dude knows how to take care of his sht. He’s definitely an asset to the community, he just needs to get through losing Eric.

    Tara on the other hand, is a numbnuts. I can't stand her.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  11. #286
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Or Gabriel. For that matter, Jesus and Ezekiel had good reasons to exist when they started, but their meaning has mostly withered away.

    Not much reason for Rosita, either, except as he candy. Come to think of it, that’s not trivial.
    I often find that folks just wanna waste characters all willy nilly. Not a direct shot at you here, I’m speaking in general. In WD groups, on reddit, everywhere. “Character x is stupid or useless. Why are they still alive?”

    I don’t get that line of thinking. I know there are characters that suck and are annoying or just assholes. But I don’t see any reason to widdle the cast down to everyone’s favorites. We have a bunch of communities and there needs to be characters. Some are going to be cool, others annoying. Some are fleshed out well, some aren’t. But the amount of characters we have is kind of necessary. Over time they’ll get their shot at a story if it calls for it. But the world is expanding. It’s not just one group
    of people on a farm trying to survive. I’m not saying the writers do a great job in every instance but the fact remains we need characters even if their info or you caring about them is very little

    I dunno. I get a lot of the criticism you guys toss at the show. I’m many cases you’re right. Blunders have happened. But in this case I cannot see the logic in just offing people simply because they annoy you are are seemingly useless.

    I do concede that Tara centered episodes are tedious. And I truly hope we don’t ever have one again. And of the time comes and she does get wasted, I hope it’s ridiculous.

    Lastly, back off Rosita, punk! She’s my girl.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  12. #287
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I often find that folks just wanna waste characters all willy nilly. Not a direct shot at you here, I’m speaking in general. In WD groups, on reddit, everywhere. “Character x is stupid or useless. Why are they still alive?”

    I don’t get that line of thinking. I know there are characters that suck and are annoying or just assholes. But I don’t see any reason to widdle the cast down to everyone’s favorites. We have a bunch of communities and there needs to be characters. Some are going to be cool, others annoying. Some are fleshed out well, some aren’t. But the amount of characters we have is kind of necessary. Over time they’ll get their shot at a story if it calls for it. But the world is expanding. It’s not just one group
    of people on a farm trying to survive. I’m not saying the writers do a great job in every instance but the fact remains we need characters even if their info or you caring about them is very little

    I dunno. I get a lot of the criticism you guys toss at the show. I’m many cases you’re right. Blunders have happened. But in this case I cannot see the logic in just offing people simply because they annoy you are are seemingly useless.

    I do concede that Tara centered episodes are tedious. And I truly hope we don’t ever have one again. And of the time comes and she does get wasted, I hope it’s ridiculous.

    Lastly, back off Rosita, punk! She’s my girl.
    Your girl? You can have her when I'm done with her. I adore Rosita. (That was supposed to say "eye candy.")

    I don't feel the need to get rid of characters just because they've become marginalized. But the show should have the guts to put characters at risk, especially when there's all-out war. Without that, the tension and emotional impact just aren't the same. Oz also had a big cast, with characters coming in and out, having their own storylines and then going to the periphery for a while. But one of the great things about it was their willingness to kill off any character at any time; you really never knew what might happen next. TWD could use more of that.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  13. #288
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    But they have had that. I mean Carl to start. You and I both know what that means for this story. Neither of us saw that coming and out of all the characters he was the last one Id expect. Glen, Abraham, and the one I miss most, Hershel. The list is long of A Team players dying. Of the originals all we have left are Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Carol and Morgan. It may not happen often, but it does happen. Like Negan said anyone’s ticket can be punched at any time.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  14. #289
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    But they have had that. I mean Carl to start. You and I both know what that means for this story. Neither of us saw that coming and out of all the characters he was the last one Id expect. Glen, Abraham, and the one I miss most, Hershel. The list is long of A Team players dying. Of the originals all we have left are Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Carol and Morgan. It may not happen often, but it does happen. Like Negan said anyone’s ticket can be punched at any time.
    I acknowledged Carl, but having all-out war without anyone dying was pretty wuss. They made us wait a season and a half to have their damn war, then began and ended it in one episode. There was action, but precious little emotional payoff. There was basically no suffering in the war, not for the characters and not for us.

    They've reached a point where I really don't believe that anyone's ticket can be punched at any time. Certainly not Rick's, unfortunately.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  15. #290
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    There has to be main characters moving forward after the war. The ones I listed are essential characters for now.

    Tobin died. (obviously that’s sarcasm)

    If they hadn’t killed Carl I’d say Rick would be on the table. But since Carl’s ticket got punched, Rick is going to be around a while.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  16. #291
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    There has to be main characters moving forward after the war. The ones I listed are essential characters for now.

    Tobin died. (obviously thatís sarcasm)

    If they hadnít killed Carl Iíd say Rick would be on the table. But since Carlís ticket got punched, Rick is going to be around a while.
    The key to me was what happened with Gabriel. Negan had to kill him and wanted to kill him, and Iím sure Lucille wanted a little hors d'oeuvre before the main course. Gabriel's brains and blood spraying around would have had enough impact to let us know there was real danger, but we would never have really missed Gabriel. Good way to start the war.

    Instead, they used a variant on the old Batman show ("Hey, boss, lets just pull off their masks and then kill them." "No - I have a more fitting way for them to die"). When they went out of their way to not kill Gabriel, I knew everyone was going to be protected. That took a lot of the suspense out of it.

  17. #292
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    I can't believe I am going to say this, but...

    The first episode of the new season of Fear the Walking Dead was GREAT. Much more engaging than any episode of TWD this past season.

    Adding Garrett Dillahunt and Maggie Grace, plus Morgan, was a stroke of genius.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  18. #293
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I can't believe I am going to say this, but...

    The first episode of the new season of Fear the Walking Dead was GREAT. Much more engaging than any episode of TWD this past season.

    Adding Garrett Dillahunt and Maggie Grace, plus Morgan, was a stroke of genius.
    Iíve decided watching just for Garret Dillahunt alone. I freakiní love him!
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  19. #294

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Iíve decided watching just for Garret Dillahunt alone. I freakiní love him!
    High five. He is the best.
    The feminist agenda ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. ~Pat Robertson 1992

  20. #295
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Iíve decided watching just for Garret Dillahunt alone. I freakiní love him!
    And he is so perfect a fit in this universe.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  21. #296
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Iíve decided watching just for Garret Dillahunt alone. I freakiní love him!
    I really like the show. Nick and Alicia are both great characters. Love both of their arcs so far. Morgan is such an awesome addition to this show. Iím pumped for this season. Last season was fantastic. The journey Alicia took was gut wrenching and the actress who plays her nailed that sht. Totally sold it. That girl has skills. Plus, I want her to be my next ex wife.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  22. #297
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    garbage people = pointless distraction of no worth to the plot
    seaside people = pointless distraction of no worth to the plot

    - - - -

    despite managing to finally end the war, this last episode had all the traits of a classic WD 60 minutes.

    what a waste.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  23. #298
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    garbage people = pointless distraction of no worth to the plot
    seaside people = pointless distraction of no worth to the plot

    - - - -

    despite managing to finally end the war, this last episode had all the traits of a classic WD 60 minutes.

    what a waste.
    So are you tapping out?
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  24. #299
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    So are you tapping out?
    Iím not, but: Iíve always said that I donít hate-watch TWD, that I watch it because I keep wanting it to be good. Well, itís becoming more and more like a hate watch. A hate watch plus Rosita.

  25. #300
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I’m not, but: I’ve always said that I don’t hate-watch TWD, that I watch it because I keep wanting it to be good. Well, it’s becoming more and more like a hate watch. A hate watch plus Rosita.
    Oh I know I'm probably like 1 of 3 people who post in here that isn't hate watching it. I'm just wondering if Alex has had enough because he's basically to this thread what Andy is to the President Trump thread.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts