+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 David Robertson Performance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    All I'm asking is that you provide an alternative, someone who does the things that Joe doesn't do. Francona isn't a realistic alternative.
    That's not what you asked - you actually changed your entire argument after he gave you a very clear answer to your question "what manager does that?"

All I'm asking is that you provide an alternative, someone who does the things that Joe doesn't do. Francona isn't a realistic alternative.
    Gee, you do like to pick an argument when it's not your fight, don't you Boss?

I'd love to know what argument I was making that you think I changed. He said we'll have to wait until we get a new manager before we get progressive thinking like bringing DRob into the game in the 5th last Friday when Tanaka was in trouble.

Whenever anyone asks for the manager to be replaced in favor of some mythical manager who'll do better, they never propose a replacement. So, I simply asked the question. Since he had said "we'll have to wait for a new manager . . .", I thought my reference to the new manager was clear. Sorry if it wasn't clear to you.

Gee, you do like to pick an argument when it's not your fight, don't you Boss?

I'd love to know what argument I was making that you think I changed. He said we'll have to wait until we get a new manager before we get progressive thinking like bringing DRob into the game in the 5th last Friday when Tanaka was in trouble.

Whenever anyone asks for the manager to be replaced in favor of some mythical manager who'll do better, they never propose a replacement. So, I simply asked the question. Since he had said "we'll have to wait for a new manager . . .", I thought my reference to the new manager was clear. Sorry if it wasn't clear to you.
    I'd love to give David Cone a chance. Has shown that he doesn't believe in bullpen roles and is very in tune with analytics. He also shows a willingness to keep learning and understanding things better.

People acting like you have to know the manager by name to replace Girardi or else nothing can be done.

Maybe hold interviews, ask potential candidates how they'd handle certain situations? You don't always have to pick from the same pool of recycled dudes.

NYYF Legend

Fo reals.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

What an acquisition...

Thread Information