+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21

Re: Official 2017 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

So Hicks started on the 10-day DL too. I don't think we see Frazier for quite a while.
    Let the kids play.

Left-Handed Catcher

He picked up a couple of hits last night. He's been hitting the ball bard since his return, but the K's are hard to ignore.
    "He's got'em, got 'em, he's got 'em, John! He's got 'em!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    He picked up a couple of hits last night. He's been hitting the ball bard since his return, but the K's are hard to ignore.
    So is his overall rate of making outs. A .276 OBP won't cut it. Only 6 Walks in 127 PA. He was better than that in the minors, so there's reason to hope.

he's had too many at bats to chalk up the severe lack of walks to something transient. gotta work on that

Not worried about Frazier at all.

This is a major learning curve for him and he's shown enough to convince me that he'll be a stud with a little experience and maturity. Despite the K's and lack of walks and overall inexperience, his SLG% is promising.

I was definitely more concerned about Judge last year.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Not worried about Frazier at all.

This is a major learning curve for him and he's shown enough to convince me that he'll be a stud with a little experience and maturity. Despite the K's and lack of walks and overall inexperience, his SLG% is promising.

I was definitely more concerned about Judge last year.
    His unorthodox swing still bugs me. Even if he hits well early on I have to wonder if the first sign of slower reflexes abruptly ends his career before age 30?
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    His unorthodox swing still bugs me. Even if he hits well early on I have to wonder if the first sign of slower reflexes abruptly ends his career before age 30?
    His hitting mechanics and swing are very similar to those of Gary Carter and Frank Thomas, and they both did pretty well for themselves.

One thing Pete Rose always used to preach is: you never change your swing - it's what got you to the big leagues, and I tend to agree.

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    His hitting mechanics and swing are very similar to those of Gary Carter and Frank Thomas, and they both did pretty well for themselves.

One thing Pete Rose always used to preach is: you never change your swing - it's what got you to the big leagues, and I tend to agree.
    I wonder if Pete ever saw John Wockenfuss.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I wonder if Pete ever saw John Wockenfuss.
    Haha - now there's a blast from the past!
    Nothing short of a miracle that he was able to hit with that batting stance.

Always looked like he was aiming to hit the ball into the home team dugout.

Frazier was a complete butcher in LF today.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Does he need a smock for next game?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The ball that he played into a double that he overran and then missed - I agree. The other ball that just missed the jut-out and rolled into the corner, I disagree. He was expecting it to ricochet back out to him which was the only way the run doesn't score. Even him chasing the ball into the corner would not have prevented the run, so I think the gamble was worth it.

I was a bit disappointed with Clint yesterday, but then realized that playing LF in Yankee Stadium is quite different from other parks. The sun and glare can make things tricky. It's something he'll have to get used to though and he should since he's gonna man that corner for a long while

Thread Information