+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: 2017-18 NHL Hockey Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why aren't they starting it on Saturday? Then they get two game in on a holiday weekend. Vegas doesn't need any more rest.

Edit: I just noticed all the 2 day gap. What a joke of a finals schedule. The NHL seems obsessed with dragging the cup final as close to the draft as possible.

Great game by the Caps. Now win it. Ovie deserves a cup more than any player left standing.
    It should be a barnburner in Tampa for Game 7 of the 2018 Eastern Conference Finals.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have a 5-0 record in Game 7s in their building while the Washington Capitals have a 4-11 record overall in Game 7s, but have a road Game 7 victory in their backpocket (Joel Ward overtime winner against the Boston Bruins, 2012 Round 1).

Something's gotta give inside Amalie Arena on Wednesday night.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

NYYF Legend

Wonder if Vegas is rooting for the Caps. They get home ice against Washington in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Wonder if Vegas is rooting for the Caps. They get home ice against Washington in the Finals.
    I think Vegas doesn't care. They have been virtually unbeatable in both their fortress at T-Mobile Arena and away from Sin City.

I'm more interested in what theme the Vegas Golden Knights performers will use in their pregame intros before the Knights come out onto the ice in Le Castle Vania's John Wick Mode theme.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Random thought - I wonder if Bettman is rooting for Vegas since that's the only building he may not get boo'd at when he goes out to hand off the Cup.

NYYF Legend

I have to say I am not a big Hockey fan, but reading the articles about the Golden Knights from the beginning of the season and now have been very amusing.

I find myself pulling for them even though I really don't have a clue who plays for them besides Fluery.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Random thought - I wonder if Bettman is rooting for Vegas since that's the only building he may not get boo'd at when he goes out to hand off the Cup.
    I honestly don't get booing anyone while relishing in the joy of just clinching the cup at home.
    I understand all the cool kids like to hate on Bettman but you just won the cup!

BB55's Primer - 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals, Game 7: Washington Capitals at Tampa Bay Lightning

Another Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals are 4-11 overall in Game 7s, but have a road Game 7 victory back in 2012.

Meanwhile, Steven Stamkos and the Tampa Bay Lightning are 5-2 in Game 7s, but all five of them came at home inside Amalie Arena.

The winner will take on the Western Conference champion Vegas Golden Knights in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Here are my key players for both teams.

Tampa Bay Lightning: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Nikita Kucherov, Ryan Callahan and Steven Stamkos
    Why? Vasilevskiy has outplayed Braden Holtby in this series and the Bolts need him again in Game 7.

For Kucherov, he needs to have a huge Game 7 and stop with the negative body language and Callahan needs to lead the way with hits. Washington outhit Tampa Bay 39-19 in Game 6.

Finally for Stamkos, continue adding on the points total in this series where the Bolts captain has six.

Key players for the Washington Capitals: the Russian duo of Ovechkin and Eugeny Kuznetsov, Brooks Orpik and Holtby

Why? Ovi and Kuzy were instrumental in the Caps' dethroning of the Pittsburgh Penguins in Round 2 and will look to do it again tonight in Tampa as Washington is looking for their first Stanley Cups Finals appearance since 1998.

As for Orpik, he needs to continue delivering the hits along with the likes of Devante Smith-Pelly that punish the Bolts.

Finally for Holtby, he needs to be Holtbeast like in Game 6 with the shutout and not HoltLeast in Games 3-5.

As for both teams, special teams and blueline play will dictate this winner-take-all Game 7.
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; Yesterday at 06:24 PM.

Team Teal for a while: per reports, San Jose Sharks and Evander Kane agree to seven-year deal
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...ng-7-year-deal

Big gamble from Doug Wilson. Let's see if he has enough cap space to lure in John Tavares and bring back Joe Thornton on a one-year deal.

The Washington Capitals exorcised another demon!

For the first time in his illustrious career, Alex Ovechkin will compete for the Stanley Cup as the Caps whitewashed the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-0 in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals inside Amalie Arena.

It is the first Stanley Cup Finals appearance for the Caps since 1998.

Ovechkin got the party started with his opener 1:02 seconds into the game as Washington led 1-0 after the first period.

The Caps kept on surging as they jumped to a 3-0 lead after two periods as Andre Burakovsky scored twice.

Nicklas Backstrom put the cherry on top with his goal at 16:57 of the third period as the Caps go to 8-2 in this postseason away from Capital One Arena.

Braden Holtby finished the series with a second consecutive shutout as he stopped all 29 Lightning shots.

CanoForPresident is relieved that trentonthunder won't gloat about Ryan Callahan for another postseason.

Barry Trotz and the Caps will take on the Vegas Golden Knights in a seven-game war to see who will win their first ever NHL Stanley Cup starting on Memorial Day Monday from T-Mobile Arena.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Team Teal for a while: per reports, San Jose Sharks and Evander Kane agree to seven-year deal
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...ng-7-year-deal

Big gamble from Doug Wilson. Let's see if he has enough cap space to lure in John Tavares and bring back Joe Thornton on a one-year deal.
    For the first time I now feel Tavares will stay with the Islanders. Dumping Snow the main reason.

BB55's Series-by-Series Three Stars - Eastern Conference Finals: A1. Tampa Bay Lightning v. M2. Washington Capitals

WSH wins Best-of-Seven series, 4-3.

1st Star: Alex Ovechkin, WSH: 7 P (4 G (1 GWG), 3 A), +2, 29 Hits, 6 Blocked Shots

2nd Star: Brooks Orpik, WSH: +6, 29 Hits, 9 Blocked Shots

3rd Star: Andrei Vasilevskiy, TBL: 3-4, 3.16 GAA, .906 SV%

Thread Information