+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: 2017-18 NHL Hockey Season Thread

For the second straight game in Capital One Arena, the Washington Capitals and Columbus Blue Jackets are going to overtime tied at 4-4 after regulation.

The Caps scored the first two goals of the game as Jay Beagle pounced at 2:12 and Alex Ovechkin scored his first goal of the series on the power play at 13:26 of the first period.

Columbus halved the deficit Nick Foligno found the tape of Cam Atkinson on a breakaway at 18:25 as the Caps led 2-1 in the first intermission.

Ovechkin scored his second of the game on the power play at 4:09 of the second period to give Washington a 3-1 lead.

But the Blue Jackets scored three unanswered goals to take a 4-3 lead after two periods.

Josh Anderson scored on a 5-on-2 at 8:49 and two undisciplined penalties from Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly set up two power play tallies from Atkinson at 11:13 and Zach Werenski at 18:52.

Linesman Steve Barton had to leave the game with a knee injury with 48 seconds to go in the second period and emergency referee Garrett Rank had to take Barton's place.
    https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/985699320086351872

Barry Trotz also decided to put Braden Holtby in the crease in the third period as Philipp Grubauer allowed four goals on 22 shots.

T.J. Oshie forced overtime with his power play tally at 16:25 of the third period.

Capitals D John Carlson has three assists in the game.

Shots are 52-27 in favor of the Capitals.

Power plays are 3 for 7 for Washington and 2 for 3 for Columbus.

Blue Jackets G Sergei Bobrovsky has 48 saves in the contest.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

JACKETS WIN!

The Columbus Blue Jackets come into D.C. and stole two games in overtime to take a 2-0 series lead over the Washington Capitals 5-4 in overtime in Game 2.

Matt Calvert scored the winner one-handed in front of the net past Braden Holtby at 12:22 in the first overtime period.

The situation room in Toronto buzzed the referees to take a look at the goal to see if Columbus was offside.

It wasn't and the goal stands.

Another shocking defeat for Barry Trotz, Alex Ovechkin and the Caps who are now on a 0-2 hole.

Sergei Bobrovsky was another hero for John Tortorella's Blue Jackets who had 54 saves.

The two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins re-take the lead in their series against the Philadelphia Flyers after a 5-1 romp in Game 3.

Five different Penguins scored a goal.

Sidney Crosby led the way with a goal and three assists and Matt Murray had 26 saves.

Philly went 0 for 6 on the power play as they trail 2-1 in the series.

The Minnesota Wild get on the board in their series against the Winnipeg Jets after a 6-2 rout in Game 3 inside St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center.

Mikael Granlund and Eric Staal each had a goal and an assist and Jordan Greenway also scored his first career National Hockey League goal.

Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck was pulled after two periods after giving up six goals in 22 shots.

And Paul Maurice has to sweat out on the status of Tyler Myers who left the game with a lower body injury.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'll be happy with any team other than Pittsburgh or Boston winning the Cup.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

I would settle for any team other than the Penquins.

NYYF Legend

I'm probably the only one here who wants the Bruins to go all the way. Bruins vs Jets would be my preferred cup final.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who wants the Bruins to go all the way. Bruins vs Jets would be my preferred cup final.

As long as the Penquins do not see the Finals I am ok with it.

NYYF Legend

As long as NJ doesn't win I think I'll be fine. I feel pretty safe in saying that they have no chance. I'd rather not see Pittsburgh win again but I've been desensitized to them winning.

I'd love to see Vegas win for the lulz, but they're going to have a real tough time coming out of the west.

NYYF Cy Young

I don't want to see Montreal in the final and I'll be happy.
    [

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    I don't want to see Montreal in the final and I'll be happy.
    That's funny.

The Vegas Golden Knights are one win away from winning their first ever postseason series.

The Golden Knights held off the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 in Game 3 inside Staples Center.

Alex Iafallo gave the Kings a 1-0 lead at 13:14 of the first period.

After a scoreless second period, Vegas exploded scoring the next three goals of the game to take a 3-1 third period lead.

Cody Eakin tied the game at 1-1 at 6:10.

James Neal beats Jonathan Quick five-hole at 14:23 to give Vegas their first lead of the game and William Karlsson made it 3-1 21 seconds later.

Kings captain center Anze Kopitar got his second point of the game with a goal at 17:56.

However, Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury held down the fort with 37 saves as the Golden Knights have a chance for a sweep on Tuesday.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and New Jersey Devils get on the board in their series.

Patrick Marleau led the way for Mike Babcock's Leafs with two goals and Frederik Andersen had 40 saves as the Leafs beat the Boston Bruins 4-2 inside Air Canada Centre.

Meanwhile, Taylor Hall had a goal and two assists as the Devils romped the Tampa Bay Lightning 5-2 in Game 3.

The Devils had to rally from 2-1 though in the third period with four goals.

Cory Schneider had 34 saves in the victory.

Things got nasty with 23 seconds left as 10 players, five from each side had 10-minute misconduct penalties.

Bruins vs Jets final would be fun, but I'm hoping for Nashville to get over the hump this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Well I have no love for Boston as a Rangers fan, but supposedly as a result of the Nash deal we get a far better draft pick if Boston does win the cup.. Same for TB, so aside from rooting against the Flyers, Pens and Devils... I would probably root for TB or Boston just to get better picks..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

The San Jose Sharks are one win away from avenging their 2009 First Round loss to the Anaheim Ducks after Peter DeBoer and Team Teal vaporized the Ducks 8-1 in Game 3 inside SAP Center at San Jose.

Eight different Sharks scored a goal and four of the eight goals came on the power play.

Joonas Donskoi led the way with a goal and two assists.

Sharks goalie Martin Jones was absolutely superb with 45 saves.

Anaheim netminder John Gibson was pulled after two periods after giving up five goals on 24 shots.

The Sharks can close it out in a sweep on Wednesday night at the Tank.

Meanwhile, the Colorado Avalanche get on the board in their series after a 5-3 victory over the Nashville Predators in Game 3.

Blake Comeau ignited Von Miller and the Pepsi Center crowd with his opener 1:50 into the game.

Nathan McKinnon and Gabriel Landeskog did more damage that saw Pekka Rinne pulled after two periods.

McKinnon scored two goals and Landeskog added three points.

The American Hockey League has their Calder Cup playoffs set.

The road to the Calder Cup starts Thursday.

The Best-of-Five first round matchups and schedule
    https://theahl.com/2018-calder-cup-schedules

Well, well, well. What do you know? Another overtime game in the Washington Capitals-Columbus Blue Jackets series.

The Caps and Jackets are tied Desmond 2-2 after 60 minutes in Game 3.

After a scoreless first period, Capitals megastar captain left winger Alex Ovechkin was the catalyst in the Caps taking a 2-1 lead after two periods.

Ovechkin had two assists on both goals from Tom Wilson at 5:52 and John Carlson on the power play at 14:43.

Pierre-Luc Dubois did keep Columbus in the game with his equalizer to make it 1-1 at 11:18.

The Blue Jackets forced extra time as Artemi Panarin, who has been a thorn in the Caps' side, tied the game at 2-2 at 4;12 of the third period.

Shots are 31-26 in favor of Washington.

The Capitals also have the edge on the power play 1/4 to the Blue Jackets 0/3.

The Winnipeg Jets are one win away from advancing to Round 2.

Paul Maurice's Jets are up 3-1 in their series after blanking the Minnesota Wild in Game 4, 2-0.

Mark Scheifele scored twice in the game, one at 19:32 of the first period and an empty netter at 19:49 of the third period.

Jets goaltender Connor Hellebuyck had a 30-save shutout as the Jets are one win away from their first playoff series win as the second incarnation and the first playoff series win from any incarnation since 1987.

We're going to Double Overtime in Nationwide Arena.

WSH 2, CBJ 2

Shots are 37-33 in favor of the Capitals.

Erik Haula currently owns the longest overtime winner in the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs with his winner at 15:23 of the second overtime period as the Vegas Golden Knights outlasted the Los Angeles Kings in Game 2.

Will Game 3 of the Washington Capitals-Columbus Blue Jackets go longer?

The Washington Capitals on are the board!

Lars Eller gets the game-winner nine minutes into Double Overtime off a pinball in the crease as the Caps outlast the Columbus Blue Jackets in Double Overtime in Game 3, 3-2.

What a return to the starting lineup for Braden Holtby. He was Holtbeast tonight with 33 saves.

Sergei Bobrovsky had 42 saves in a losing effort as the Caps get a big win in their series.

NYYF Legend

LA Kings are an embarrassment.

https://deadspin.com/lets-spend-way-...ble-1825292070
    Let's Spend Way Too Much Time Breaking Down An Adorable Little Girl's Quest For A Puck

NYYF Legend

LA Kings are an embarrassment.

Knights were favored in this series but three goals in four and a half games is bad no matter how you slice it.

Your ass is going to get extra chapped when the knights win in the semis.

Every game in the Vegas Golden Knights-Los Angeles Kings Western Conference Quarterfinal series was a one-goal affair.

Vegas won this series because of their balance scoring with their timely goals and Marc-Andre Fleury outplaying Jonathan Quick in net.

Once the Golden Knights frustrated and neutralized the top line led by Anze Kopitar, it was all Golden Knights from there.

I won't be surprised if both SoCal NHL teams get swept out of the playoffs after tonight from the Shark Tank as the San Jose Sharks want to put an exclamation point on their 2009 revenge against the Anaheim Ducks.

Thread Information