+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Addicted Member
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

Angry * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Gulp!

Sorry, but that's very NON-Yankee! NOT in our tradition.

There were many other ways to invest his money.

BOO!
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

u wot
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Would love to see one of this doc's therapy sessions.

Hey Doc, what is your opinion on the over use of antibiotics?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Hey Doc, what is your opinion on the over use of antibiotics?
    Well I can easily answer that in a more appropriate vein (no pun intended): Illegal steroids. What a crock. I took those same steroids for 5 yrs (WITH a prescription at the age of 60. --Testosterone and HgH.) By NO means did it make me a great baseball player! A bit stronger? Maybe. A bit more able to recover from minor soreness/fatigue? Yes, a little bit. But that's it. Waaaaaay overrated stuff!

And why should something that makes you recover from injury faster be illegal??? What's wrong with this world?

The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

failure of appeasement theory.
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Mr. Coffee put it better than I but It's better to keep him in his own threads.
    Calmer than you are

The Marlins are competitive?
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post

Sorry, but that's very NON-Yankee! NOT in our tradition.
    BOO![/B]
    Would you say Jeter isn't a True Yankee?

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    The Marlins Comet comes around every 15 years.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    They will be soon.

Addicted Member

Angry Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Mr. Coffee put it better than I but It's better to keep him in his own threads.
    "Keep me in my own threads?" You mean like a "monkey in a zoo?"

Addicted Member

Angry Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Would you say Jeter isn't a True Yankee?
    Not anymore. He sacrificed that distinction with this purchase. In VERY bad taste!

Casey and Yogi both managed the Mets, yet their numbers are hanging up on the wall in the Bronx. I suspect Derek Jeter can survive this 'tarnish' on his legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey
    Indeed.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    "Keep me in my own threads?" You mean like a "monkey in a zoo?"
    Don't be silly. Monkeys are pretty rational and well reasoned.

I know this is asking a lot but could there be a more ridiculous thread?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Addicted Member

Thumbs up Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    In a very real sense, you ARE experiencing one right now! What do you think participating in a Retired_Doc's thread is all about?

Study each poster's words, demeanor, etc., etc. and you'll soon get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    someone is going to accept that challenge. You know this.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post

The thread title almost looks like a Trump tweet (steers clear of politics)
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Addicted Member

Exclamation Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Thank you for contacting the "In-thread-Complaint Dep't." It appears you seem to have a problem with this particular thread. It appears you find it to be ridiculous. Are we right so far, Sir or Madame?

We do have to tell you that since he is so controversial and famous, we DO pre-read every post/thread the Retired-Doc manufactures prior to it being posted. We have no problem with the authenticity and real-world glow of this thread.

We DO have to tell you, Sir/Madame, that it does take a certain level of education/intelligence/perception to comprehend the Retired_Doc's missives. To "see through the lines," as it were. Perhaps you're simply not ready for this advanced type of unique board-posting style?

We will check our warehouse to see if we have any more manuals entitled "Understanding Retired_Doc's threads, for dummies."

Thank you for your kind patience in this important matter.

NYYF Legend

No truer words posted.

Addicted Member

Exclamation Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    No truer words posted.
    Better be prepared to change your avatar, sir. Soon Jeter's cap will have a different emblem on it.

Michael Jordan owns the hornets, that doesn't make him any less of a Bulls legend to Chicago fans.

Anyway, it's been his dream to own a team, but the Yankees asking price is a bit to high, lol.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    Michael Jordan owns the hornets, that doesn't make him any less of a Bulls legend to Chicago fans.

Anyway, it's been his dream to own a team, but the Yankees asking price is a bit to high, lol.
    Well Jeter lovers better hope Jeter isn't stupid enough to allow himself to use the "Michael Jordan blueprint to ownership." Have you seen the dumb decisions Jordan has made as an owner/adviser/draft expert? Not good.

Thread Information