+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103
  1. #26
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Thumbs down Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    No truer words posted.
    Geeees, talk about an exaggeration! "No truer words were EVER posted?" In the entire history of the Internet? You serious? Apparently your experience on Internet Message Board Complexes hasn't been very beneficial for you! May I suggest a new line of work?
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  2. #27
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I know this is asking a lot but could there be a more ridiculous thread?
    What I wouldn't give for some good spam about chep implants.

  3. #28
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    What I wouldn't give for some good spam about chep implants.
    Excuse me sir, but the folks back home are asking: What exactly are "chep implants?"
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  4. #29
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Excuse me sir, but the folks back home are asking: What exactly are "chep implants?"
    Implants that are chep, I think. I'm still not entirely sure.

  5. #30
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Implants that are chep, I think. I'm still not entirely sure.

    Frankly, I'm not entirely sure you will EVER be entirely sure! Isn't "being confused" your basic M.O.?
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  6. #31
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Frankly, I'm not entirely sure you will EVER be entirely sure! Isn't "being confused" your basic M.O.?
    No. I tend to be difficult. I'm rarely confused.

  7. #32
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Question Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    No. I tend to be difficult. I'm rarely confused.
    Are you difficult by design, or is it a character flaw?
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  8. #33
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Are you difficult by design, or is it a character flaw?
    Yes, but it is not a flaw. It is a characterological triumph.
    .

  9. #34
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yes.



    .
    Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  10. #35
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
    You need much more experience at being difficult. Your skills are not strong.

  11. #36
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You need much more experience at being difficult. Your skills are not strong.
    I'm not the least bit difficult, and I happen to love myself just that way!

    Frankly, I don't think you're difficult inherently. I think it's all a big act and nothing else. I've seen right through it.
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  12. #37
    NYYF Legend

    NyQuil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Western NY

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    LOL. The guy wanted to be an owner and the Yankees weren't for sale the last time I checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.


  13. #38
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Angry Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    LOL. The guy wanted to be an owner and the Yankees weren't for sale the last time I checked.
    There were many other ways to handle this but Jeter chose the worst way. Traitor!
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  14. #39

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    There were many other ways to handle this but Jeter chose the worst way. Traitor!
    Ridiculous. I'm going to go read some chep spam instead.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  15. #40
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    LOL. The guy wanted to be an owner and the Yankees weren't for sale the last time I checked.
    Bingo.

  16. #41
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Ridiculous. I'm going to go read some chep spam instead.
    No need to go somewhere else to read some "chep spam." Just re-read your own posts in this thread!
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  17. #42
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Angry Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Let me educate some of you. Here for example, is just ONE way Jeter could have spent his money and STILL remained a TRUE Yankee:

    Offer to invest in one or more of the Yankees' Minor League affiliates. How many times have we heard from Minor Leaguers that the conditions there are, shall we say: challenging? Lousy accommodations, low class food, low-rent bus rides, lousy ballparks, old/small/poorly-outfitted clubhouses, etc., etc.? So Jeter could have spent some of the millions he made off the Yanks and offered to jazz up the Yanks' Minor League affiliates. He could have also packaged his fancy-dan, well-known name and agreed to make PR visits there on numerous occasions throughout the season. In return Jeter would have been made a part-owner of every one of these teams and with his financial input as well as his P.R. contributions these teams could have increased in value. Never near as much as say the Marlins, but increased nonetheless.

    THAT'S what we want from our heroes. THAT'S the kind of conduct we expect from our "Captain." Don't just call yourself "Captain," prove it! Prove it with unselfish behavior.
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  18. #43

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post

    THAT'S what we want from our heroes. THAT'S the kind of conduct we expect from our "Captain." Don't just call yourself "Captain," prove it! Prove it with unselfish behavior.
    That is absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't seem to bother you that no one that has commented in this thread agrees with your ridiculous assertions. I think you should seek some professional help and I don't mean talking to yourself while looking at a mirror.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  19. #44
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    That is absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't seem to bother you that no one that has commented in this thread agrees with your ridiculous assertions. I think you should seek some professional help and I don't mean talking to yourself while looking at a mirror.
    HA! Surely you jest! You think I give a flying (substitute nasty word) whether or not the masses AGREE with me?? You have obviously been sleeping through my threads like Rip Van Winkle. Since when have I ever created a thread worrying about people agreeing with me? I've already stated that I'm not running for Governor and I don't need anyone's vote here.

    There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to opinions. Frankly, I'm quite pleased you disagree with me. This world wouldn't be much fun if I originated a thread and everyone completely agreed with me.

    I think differently. I think "out of the box." I'm not your normal, everyday "glad-hander" creating threads hoping everyone will fall in love with me. If you're seeking those threads, you will never want to read any of mine!

    Why do you think hundreds/thousands of folks read my threads? Why do you think I'm THE most sought-after poster of all time? Guests literally pound the "refresh button" endlessly awaiting my next important missive. Do you think my job is easy? It's not. I sink countless hours into this unpaid and thankless function. And I ask for nothing in return.
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  20. #45
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    HA! Surely you jest! You think I give a flying (substitute nasty word) whether or not the masses AGREE with me?? You have obviously been sleeping through my threads like Rip Van Winkle. Since when have I ever created a thread worrying about people agreeing with me? I've already stated that I'm not running for Governor and I don't need anyone's vote here.

    There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to opinions. Frankly, I'm quite pleased you disagree with me. This world wouldn't be much fun if I originated a thread and everyone completely agreed with me.

    I think differently. I think "out of the box." I'm not your normal, everyday "glad-hander" creating threads hoping everyone will fall in love with me. If you're seeking those threads, you will never want to read any of mine!

    Why do you think hundreds/thousands of folks read my threads? Why do you think I'm THE most sought-after poster of all time? Guests literally pound the "refresh button" endlessly awaiting my next important missive. Do you think my job is easy? It's not. I sink countless hours into this unpaid and thankless function. And I ask for nothing in return.
    Do you hang around playgrounds during the day?

  21. #46
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Cool Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Do you hang around playgrounds during the day?

    There are no playgrounds where I live----oh how I miss them dearly!
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

  22. #47

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Gulp!

    Sorry, but that's very NON-Yankee! NOT in our tradition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post

    There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to opinions.


    I don't see very much in the original post that indicates an opinion.

    Why do you think hundreds/thousands of folks read my threads? Why do you think I'm THE most sought-after poster of all time? Guests literally pound the "refresh button" endlessly awaiting my next important missive. Do you think my job is easy? It's not. I sink countless hours into this unpaid and thankless function. And I ask for nothing in return.
    I've got a few hundreds/thousands of readers right here.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  23. #48
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    There are no playgrounds where I live----oh how I miss them dearly!
    How about schools? Any of those nearby?

  24. #49

    Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Well Jeter lovers better hope Jeter isn't stupid enough to allow himself to use the "Michael Jordan blueprint to ownership." Have you seen the dumb decisions Jordan has made as an owner/adviser/draft expert? Not good.
    Doc I love ya, ya make me laugh but....

    www.dictionary.com/browse/prate
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

  25. #50
    Forum Regular
    Retired_Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

    Thumbs up Re: * Derek Jeter just ruined his Yankees legacy by buying a competitive team! Shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Doc I love ya, ya make me laugh but....

    www.dictionary.com/browse/prate
    Well then Sir (Madame?) if I must prate to keep you laughing then prating it shall be!

    A prating I must go, a prating I must go, hi ho the dairy-o
    The Internet's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none! You can hate him, or love him, but you CANNOT avoid him!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts