View Poll Results: Is this team for real?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legit!

27 60.00%
  • Let's see if it lasts

16 35.56%
  • Fun while it lasts but won't last

2 4.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I haven't been this excited about the Yankees since the moment right before Derek Jeter broke his ankle in Game 1 of the 2012 ALCS.
    I did not expect your thought to go where it did lol

NYYF Legend

Re: Are you a believer?

I went down to Tampa in mid-March and came back saying that I have not seen the Yankees look this in-sync, enthusiatic, and united for a very long time. I'm a believer!

NYYF Legend

I'm a belieber.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    What I believe is that this team is as exciting to watch as I can ever remember. As far as where that leaves us at the end of the year I do not know. But I do feel a 1994-95 vibe that's for sure.
    Agreed. I don't necessarily know if I believe this is the best team in baseball, but I absolutely believe that it will be within the next 2 seasons. Almost all of the pieces are there for a sustained run of dominance, just need to add one or two pitchers, and we still have some stud prospects in the minors.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm a belieber.
    In the immortal words of The Monkees, first you had to see her face. 😊
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I did not expect your thought to go where it did lol
    It's the truth ... since that injury to Derek, the only joy I've been able to take from the Yankees had to do with individual milestones, the Mo and Jeter retirement tours, and counting down the days to get rid of all their bad contracts. The 2015 collapse and wild card game loss was really depressing. All the old players ... the roster had been a mess for too long.

At the risk of touching a third rail -- and I am not an A-Rod hater -- I am also convinced that one of the biggest unspoken reasons this team is so much fun is that the players and fans no longer have to live under the shadow of Alex and all his drama. So glad he's finally gone.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    It's the truth ... since that injury to Derek, the only joy I've been able to take from the Yankees had to do with individual milestones, the Mo and Jeter retirement tours, and counting down the days to get rid of all their bad contracts. The 2015 collapse and wild card game loss was really depressing. All the old players ... the roster had been a mess for too long.

At the risk of touching a third rail -- and I am not an A-Rod hater -- I am also convinced that one of the biggest unspoken reasons this team is so much fun is that the players and fans no longer have to live under the shadow of Alex and all his drama. So glad he's finally gone.
    There is something to be said to not have all the prima-donnas around. I don't mean that in a negative way - Alex and al the others were great while they were here. But the constant drama does "wear" on you after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    In the immortal words of The Monkees, first you had to see her face. 😊
    To be completely accurate, those are the immortal words of Neil Diamond
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    To be completely accurate, those are the immortal words of Neil Diamond

wow! I didn't know that, and I'm a bit of a music buff! Good trivia question.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Thread Information