+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Castro..

Castro..

Perhaps he's a bittttt better than people on this board have given him credit for...

As I stated before the season began, he's still only 26 (just turned 27), some are late bloomers, always had the tools..

Imagine how good he would be if he had any kind of plate discipline.

Re: Castro..

The talent was always there. Some guys just take longer to figure it out. Hopefully this is him figuring it out. He's on pace to set a career high in walks. He might strikeout 100 times but that's standard now
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

Outperforming Cano this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Outperforming Cano this season.
    He's probably outperforming every MI out there. Haven't looked at Lindor's numbers.

NYYF Legend

He is doing good. As was said though, not to be greedy, I wish he walked a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    He is doing good. As was said though, not to be greedy, I wish he walked a little more.
    Yeah he's hitting like 380 right now so I could really care less how much he walks. He could've walked 0 times this year and he'd still be the most productive 2nd basemen in baseball. Is OBP and AVG are both about 40 points higher than any other player at the position

Avg is 3 points lower than The highest OBP for second basemen
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    He's probably outperforming every MI out there. Haven't looked at Lindor's numbers.
    This is true. Dude had three pretty good offensive years for the Cubs, so it shouldn't come as such a big surprise, even if he sucked balls more often than not as a Yankee.

Still, because of his age, I always held out hope for him (I'm on record) and saw some talent that betrayed his stats, though I do understand some of the hate, and let's face it, some of it is downright entertaining (Clown).

lindor is far far better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    lindor is far far better lol.
    so far castro is having the better season and there isnt a debate. And isnt he playing shortstop? Nevermind he said Middle Infielder but my original statement stands

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    so far castro is having the better season and there isnt a debate. And isnt he playing shortstop?
    ?????
    what

?????
    what

Um look at the stats my man. Castros average is higher than lindors OBP

Um look at the stats my man. Castros average is higher than lindors OBP
    nah lindor is a top 10 player in all of baseball. castro is just not in that realm

nah lindor is a top 10 player in all of baseball. castro is just not in that realm
    Maybe you should read the statement again. Castro is having the better season. No one said he was a better player

Maybe you should read the statement again. Castro is having the better season. No one said he was a better player
    he's not though. lower fWAR

he's not though. lower fWAR
    Yes. so fWAR trumps all. Let me know how many games Lindor won the indians with his glove this year

Yes. so fWAR trumps all. Let me know how many games Lindor won the indians with his glove this year
    if you look at batted ball, lindor has the better profile too. castro does have quite a lot of babip luck so far

if you look at batted ball, lindor has the better profile too. castro does have quite a lot of babip luck so far
    good hitters know how to hit tough pitches. So what if it is not hard hit. Stop looking for reasons why castro is not out performing Lindor, because he is. That might change. but Castro is batting almost 100 points higher than him with more RBIs and two less dimgers and a Higher OBP and OPS.

here's the expected wOBA ranking

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statc...abs=50#results

lindor is a bit higher than castro

here's the expected wOBA ranking

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/statc...abs=50#results

lindor is a bit higher than castro

what is your point with this projection. It has no relevance to who has been the better player this season

it's basically a luck neutral metric of their batted balls so far.

it's basically a luck neutral metric of their batted balls so far.
    Okay you said expected so that sounded like something that was projecting end of season stats, I dont care about whos had better luck. I care about results. A line drive at a middle infielder is not better than a bloop hit. The results are what they are. Yeah, that may Indicate Lindor will end the season with better numbers, But thats not the case right now. Castro has been the best second basemen in baseball this season to this point.

it's basically saying that lindor's offense stats should be better than castro's if we assume equal luck. there is a bit of leeway with the spread of the batted balls relative to the defense, but it's not that huge.

it's basically saying that lindor's offense stats should be better than castro's if we assume equal luck. there is a bit of leeway with the spread of the batted balls relative to the defense, but it's not that huge.
    Shoulda woulda coulda. You do not win baseball games with that. It is what it is right now. On May 7th. Castro has better results. That may be different come september

i'm approaching the question as, given their performance so far, who is the better player.

it's a bit different from 'who's had the best season so far.'

i'm approaching the question as, given their performance so far, who is the better player.

it's a bit different from 'who's had the best season so far.'
    I clarified that a half hour ago and you said lindor was having a better season because his fwar was .1 higher than Castros

And the original question was talking about outperforming, which means who has the better statistics, not who the better player is. I mean it is obvious going back and reading that you said lindor was a better player, and I didnt dispute that, just said castro was having the better year, and you refuted that, which was quite absurd

Thread Information