+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25
Results 601 to 621 of 621
  1. #601

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    It would have zero impact offensively if Sanchez DHs and Romine catches. Zero. You haven't gotten a hit out of the DH spot this entire series, so what difference does it make where you have the black hole in the lineup? It'll either be at DH or catcher. At least the switch improves the team's chances defensively.
    Show the number that confirms that.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

  2. #602
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    michigan

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Show the number that confirms that.
    Astros 2, Yankees 0

  3. #603
    NYYF Cy Young

    trentonthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Windsor, NJ

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Sanchez is our catcher. We know his weaknesses behind the plate.
    We have to accept the fact that in the playoffs when the stakes are higher, and the
    games are tight, this may hurt us.


    It happened. It's over. He did not cost us the game. Verlander shut us down.
    [

  4. #604
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Paging Gary Tuck.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  5. #605
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Girardi's reprieve...

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Sanchez is our catcher. We know his weaknesses behind the plate.
    We have to accept the fact that in the playoffs when the stakes are higher, and the
    games are tight, this may hurt us.


    It happened. It's over. He did not cost us the game. Verlander shut us down.
    While no single player cost the Yankees the game yesterday, his is the biggest chunk of the pie chart depicting yesterday's loss.

    Last edited by ojo; 10-15-17 at 07:13 PM.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

  6. #606

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    While no single player cost the Yankees the game yesterday, his the biggest chunk of the pie chart depicting yesterday's loss.
    One single player cost the Yankees the game yesterday. Justin Verlander.

  7. #607
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Girardi's reprieve...

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    One single player cost the Yankees the game yesterday. Justin Verlander.
    There's more to it than that, Bill. You know that.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

  8. #608
    NYYF Cy Young

    trentonthunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Windsor, NJ

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    There's more to it than that, Bill. You know that.

    No there isn't.


    The Red Sox scored 2 runs each in both games in Houston in Games 1 and 2 and lost both.


    If the Yankees scored 2 runs in each game then we're up 2-0 in the series.


    The Astros pitchers are the two key components to their series lead. Our offense has done nothing to change that. If anyone in the lineup was doing their job, then we're up 2 right now.


    However, credit the Astros pitchers. They are the game changers, not Sanchez.
    [

  9. #609
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Do you really expect me to take your reply even a half bit serious, coming in here 9 minutes after someone already responded, but 28 minutes after my reply to you to give a google produced textbook response as if to make it look like you knew the answer all along you internet genius.

    Back to your original response.....



    Isn't that what Girardi did in game 1 when he pinch ran For Sanchez in the ninth? Are you saying the game couldn't have ended up tied after nine innings? Seriously? How long have you been a fan?
    LOL, okay. You shred Girardi for not making changes that he can't make, due to the rules of the game, but I should not be taken seriously. Got it.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  10. #610

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    There's more to it than that, Bill. You know that.
    Credit where credit is due. Tip of the hat. I don't make excuses.

  11. #611
    Todd Frazier in 2018 ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    I counted three dropped balls on three strikes thrown by Chapman in the 9th. Only one was a somewhat tough pitch to handle but one that catchers are expected to make.

    Unfortunately, this is common and something that doesn't show up as a negative in his stats, unless it's a pass ball, for which he's already notorious.

    Love him, but he needs tons of hard work this off season to improve his game behind the plate.



  12. #612
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I counted three dropped balls on three strikes thrown by Chapman in the 9th. Only one was a somewhat tough pitch to handle but one that catchers are expected to make.

    Unfortunately, this is common and something that doesn't show up as a negative in his stats, unless it's a pass ball, for which he's already notorious.

    Love him, but he needs tons of hard work this off season to improve his game behind the plate.
    I remember 2 sliders in the dirt or an inch above it, what else? I remember him blocking them perfectly.

    Plus, you can't teach laser opposite field double to the gap off a 100 mph fastball, nice to have that out of the catcher spot as opposed to Romine choppers to short (and catchers interference)

  13. #613
    Todd Frazier in 2018 ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I remember 2 sliders in the dirt or an inch above it, what else? I remember him blocking them perfectly.

    Plus, you can't teach laser opposite field double to the gap off a 100 mph fastball, nice to have that out of the catcher spot as opposed to Romine choppers to short (and catchers interference)
    I wasn't talking about his offensive game nor was comparing his offense to Romine's. I didn't even bring up Romine in my post. I was talking about a glaring weaknesses in his defensive game that needs to be worked on.

    Just did a rewind. Pitch # 3: dropped a high, very catchable pitch. Pitch # 4, was low and away and in the dirt. Applied the tag for the K. Much tougher than pitch # 3, but one that catchers normally make seamlessly.

    Pitch #9 was low and inside. Again, he had to apply a tag for the K, but in retrospect was a tough one to catch as it tailed in, so I won't fault him for this one.

    My point is, that aside from this game, he often drops balls or is getting charged with too many passed balls. I don't think anyone will deny that he needs to work on catching the ball, better placement of his glove, his mobility behind the plate and blocking balls from going past him.



  14. #614
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Turn my headphones up

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I wasn't talking about his offensive game nor was comparing his offense to Romine's. I didn't even bring up Romine in my post. I was talking about a glaring weaknesses in his defensive game that needs to be worked on.

    Just did a rewind. Pitch # 3: dropped a high, very catchable pitch. Pitch # 4, was low and away and in the dirt. Applied the tag for the K. Much tougher than pitch # 3, but one that catchers normally make seamlessly.

    Pitch #9 was low and inside. Again, he had to apply a tag for the K, but in retrospect was a tough one to catch as it tailed in, so I won't fault him for this one.

    My point is, that aside from this game, he often drops balls or is getting charged with too many passed balls. I don't think anyone will deny that he needs to work on catching the ball, better placement of his glove, his mobility behind the plate and blocking balls from going past him.
    You said strikes. Pitch #3 was a 101 mph fastball wayyy outside with nobody on base. That is not a mistake, why should he go all out to catch that?

    The other 2 were balls in dirt or close to it, as you said. Blocking those is what matters, which he did.

    I don't remember a single passed ball or wild pitch that was his fault all playoffs, despite tons of tough breaking balls. Maybe he's getting better right now. Maybe not, but I see nothing to complain about (beyond of course the horrible misplay to end game 2)

  15. #615
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Guy gets no love for his game winning hit tonight.

    Having him get hot now could mean a championship.

  16. #616

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Guy gets no love for his game winning hit tonight.

    Having him get hot now could mean a championship.
    That really was an incredibly clutch hit. The more he (and the whole lineup) can go opposite field, the more likely that we start seeing something really special.

    Judge gets a ton of well-deserved credit for staying calm and focused even when he's struggling. Nothing seems to faze him. While not the same personality, Sanchez should be getting the same praise because he doesn't get rattled at the plate either.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  17. #617

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Think I noticed a key flaw with Sanchez glove hand. Looks as if he holds the glove in a position where his fingers are pointing sideways. His finger should be pointing up
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  18. #618

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread


  19. #619

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    beautiful
    the 1890's socialist Player's League, founded by workers:
    socialistappeal.org/history-theory/us-history/959-the-1890-players-league.html

  20. #620

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/HExetGs.jpg
    Erection-inducing.

  21. #621

    Re: 2017 Official Gary Sanchez thread

    For a catcher who's suppose to know the strike zone like the back of his hand, he swings at pitches that he couldn't hit with a telephone pole and follows it up by taking a pitch that splits the plate in half for a called strike three. Very infuriating.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts