+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Yankees 2017 Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    But probably not yours or mine.
    There would be a impact on all seats if the Yankees lowered prices in the same way that lower prices in the Outfield Grandstand on the secondary market impact Field Level seat prices on the secondary market.

Having said that probably yours would be lowered and not mine

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    But probably not yours or mine.
    My tickets will never go down.

To that end, at what price point do scales tip the other way? If they lower prices too much, they may fill the house, but generate less revenue..

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    There would be a impact on all seats if the Yankees lowered prices in the same way that lower prices in the Outfield Grandstand on the secondary market impact Field Level seat prices on the secondary market.

Having said that probably yours would be lowered and not mine
    Outfield GS seats don't make them seat money, whether it be $20, $10, or $5. They might generate more ballpark revenue (beer and food sales), but the money isn't made on the seats. The seats in the lower level seats between the bases are the ones which make them money.

How much lower do those prime seats need to go before they are sold out? And at that price point, would revenue actually go down? I don't know.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Not that big in the overall picture but just as an aside -- if Hal is worried about Millennial support for the team, maybe, just maybe, he could revisit his unshakeable support for a broadcaster who is a 78-year-old blind guy whose idea of pop culture is quoting Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals? A guy for whom THE BEATLES are too modern to mention???

I know millennials are not considered big radio consumers but to the extent they do -- everyone drives a car, and the ones who genuinely like the Yankees aren't plugging in to music all the time -- this announcer can't be helping.

Just saying.
    Its funny you bring this up. I did some traveling over the Memorial Day weekend and listened to a few games on the radio. My son and I had this very discussion, how the the Yankee radio broadcast are atrocious and beyond embarrassing. Its clear that Sterling is having serious problems seeing the action on the field. I know both Sterling and Waldman kissed the old man's butt big time when he was alive, but how long do the sons have to stay obligated?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Its funny you bring this up. I did some traveling over the Memorial Day weekend and listened to a few games on the radio. My son and I had this very discussion, how the the Yankee radio broadcast are atrocious and beyond embarrassing. Its clear that Sterling is having serious problems seeing the action on the field. I know both Sterling and Waldman kissed the old man's butt big time when he was alive, but how long do the sons have to stay obligated?
    I like Sterling. Yeah he's blind and kinda stinks but he's a character. Waldman, I don't believe has any redeeming qualities in the booth. She's a complete bore and her voice grates on my nerves. I'd prefer they replace her and keep the old guy that's half out of it in there. His personality, over the top calls and gaffes make me chuckle. Waldman annoys me at best. The only memorable moment was when she gushed over Clemens being in the Stadium that one time and that wasn't so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Shore Yankee View Post
    I like Sterling. Yeah he's blind and kinda stinks but he's a character. Waldman, I don't believe has any redeeming qualities in the booth. She's a complete bore and her voice grates on my nerves. I'd prefer they replace her and keep the old guy that's half out of it in there. His personality, over the top calls and gaffes make me chuckle. Waldman annoys me at best. The only memorable moment was when she gushed over Clemens being in the Stadium that one time and that wasn't so good.
    See - this is my biggest problem... "He's a character".
    I don't tune into a Yankee broadcast for the John Sterling show. I want to hear about the game - and accurately.
    He's hardly ever right. He definitely cannot see the field anymore. It used to be just the plays to the deep outfield. Now he can't see a grounder to short. It's awful. Listeners wait an entire inning before knowing the score or how many outs there are.

I listen to radio broadcasts from a lot of teams on my Sirius radio. There are a lot of bad announcers (see Baltimore) - but Sterling is by far the worst when it comes to game commentary.
    Waldman... ehh.. She just makes me say "STFU" a lot at my radio.

The Yankees should be completely embarrassed to have this duo as their radio team.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I don't tune into a Yankee broadcast for the John Sterling show. I want to hear about the game - and accurately.
    He's hardly ever right. He definitely cannot see the field anymore. It used to be just the plays to the deep outfield. Now he can't see a grounder to short. It's awful. Listeners wait an entire inning before knowing the score or how many outs there are.

I listen to radio broadcasts from a lot of teams on my Sirius radio. There are a lot of bad announcers (see Baltimore) - but Sterling is by far the worst when it comes to game commentary.

The Yankees should be completely embarrassed to have this duo as their radio team.
    Haven't listened to them in years. Thanks to the MLB app I listen to the other team's broadcast when I listen on the radio.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

They both stink, but I don't trust the Yankees to make a better hire. Is there a more uncool group than Hal Steinbrenner, Randy Levine, and Lonn Trost? Seriously, if there is, I want to know about that group.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    They both stink, but I don't trust the Yankees to make a better hire. Is there a more uncool group than Hal Steinbrenner, Randy Levine, and Lonn Trost? Seriously, if there is, I want to know about that group.
    Mets fans would probably say the Wilpon's.......

Quote Originally Posted by yanks1975 View Post
    Mets fans would probably say the Wilpon's.......
    I wasn't comparing which group is worse at running a baseball team. I was strictly looking at how 1950s-style suburban square Hal, Lonn, and Randy are. It's almost comedic.

Worse hairdo, Levine or Mark Davis of the Raiders
    He gone!

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Our President
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    That's tough. I call it a draw, with an honorable mention to Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

I hear ya. I have Sirius too but I'm not so serious when it comes to listening or watching baseball. Sterling makes me shake my head and laugh. I enjoy laughing. I can understand someone not having a pleasurable experience listening to Sterling. Me? I get a kick out of him.

NYYF Legend

I hear ya. I have Sirius too but I'm not so serious when it comes to listening or watching baseball. Sterling makes me shake my head and laugh. I enjoy laughing. I can understand someone not having a pleasurable experience listening to Sterling. Me? I get a kick out of him.
    Best thing I've seen written about Sterling recently? I forget the source, but some writer referred to him as "the William Shatner of baseball announcers." Not bad. Actually helps me deal with him. "SUZYN! I'm! responsible! for! the score! but won't give it! for 3 innings!"

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Best thing I've seen written about Sterling recently? I forget the source, but some writer referred to him as "the William Shatner of baseball announcers." Not bad. Actually helps me deal with him. "SUZYN! I'm! responsible! for! the score! but won't give it! for 3 innings!"
    I want a little credit.

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post3231277

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post5989394
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Glad to give it. It's not unheard of for Net writers to read NYYFANS before they weave their webs of "wisdom."

Edit: Aww damn, looks like your examples are from 2006 and 2009 so no credit. I might as well repost my Carl Pavano/Blondie song "Carl of Glass."

Please stay on topic. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Please stay on topic. TY
    Is Levine's hair considered on topic? :-)

Yankees sales team has not been able
    to turn the increased interest and YES network viewership into ticket sales.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=235139384

I think it's the Yankees Sales management team's refusal to hear what the marketplace is telling them. Who thinks their Yankees sales executive is doing something to increase your dollars spent on tickets? And, if they are, then what are they doing for you, their customer?

I think it's the Yankees Sales management team's refusal to hear what the marketplace is telling them. Who thinks their Yankees sales executive is doing something to increase your dollars spent on tickets? And, if they are, then what are they doing for you, their customer?
    Mind boggling how lousy the service has been for season ticket holders.
    Some examples:
    1. Took over 45 minutes at the box office trying to switch out the Astros Sat rainout.
    Ended up feeling like I was stealing money from the team.
    2. Have left messages and emails thru out the week with my rep. Silence.
    Wanted to buy an extra for Tuesday night's game in a certain area. Ended up buying at the box office which cost me time and money.
    Still want to buy group tickets for 3 games.
    I just left a message with my rep's manager. Don't expect a call back.
    Will probably just waste some time at tonight's game trying to speak to someone.
    Total incompetence/arrogance.

Addicted Member

Viewership may also be up because fans are choosing to watch at home rather than attend games live. Dynamic and variable pricing may have also impacted attendance

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Viewership may also be up because fans are choosing to watch at home rather than attend games live. Dynamic and variable pricing may have also impacted attendance
    Viewership also up because this year people in NJ are back getting the YES network.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Viewership also up because this year people in NJ are back getting the YES network.
    Yes, 900,000 Comcast customers (including me) were blacked out last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    You're a better reporter than the reporter! That's a critical fact to miss.

Thread Information