+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Will Aaron Judge be the player to hit the first homer out of Yankee Stadium ?

I know it's very early in his career but could Judge be the one to make baseball history in the Bronx? Just a thought after watching the huge homer he hit last night. Corect me if I'm wrong but I don't think a right handed batter has ever done in either Yankee Stadium.

Devoted Member

Re: Will Aaron Judge be the player to hit the first homer out of Yankee Stadium ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I know it's very early in his career but could Judge be the one to make baseball history in the Bronx? Just a thought after watching the huge homer he hit last night. Corect me if I'm wrong but I don't think a right handed batter has ever done in either Yankee Stadium.

No one has hit a ball out of YS (old or new). Mantle came the closest

NYYF Legend

Re: Will Aaron Judge be the player to hit the first homer out of Yankee Stadium ?

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/yan...ysayers-wrong/

The only thing better than watching Judge in games might be watching him take batting practice. He routinely drives the ball to the deepest reaches of the ballpark and has even hit one offering completely out of Yankee Stadium.

Its like watching McGwire take batting practice, a scout from a National League team said, referring to retired slugger Mark McGwire. Youre never ceased to be amazed at far the kid can hit a ball. Hes special. You dont see his kind of raw power every day.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

I just want to see Judge vs Stanton at the HR Derby.

I love watching this kid play baseball!
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

They really should televise his BP sessions.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I just want to see Judge vs Stanton at the HR Derby.
    NO! Don't let him near the HR derby -- there will be more holes in his swing for the rest of the year.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    NO! Don't let him near the HR derby -- there will be more holes in his swing for the rest of the year.
    I don't know about any truth to this claim (HR derby ruining a swing)

Is there any evidence to it up?
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    They really should televise his BP sessions.
    YES does with their BP practice show that comes on 30 minutes before the pregame show.

Take the homer he hit last, which is probably close to the farthest he can hit a ball. Add just a little distance for even better timing, then add a gale force wind that sometimes blows out to left. When all that comes together he'll hit it completely out.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

It would be interesting to know what Mantle's exit velocities were back in the day.

I bet they were as good as the best today or better.
    There's a fat old lady outside the saloon, laying out the credit cards she plays Fortune.
    The deck is uneven right from the start, and all of their hands are playing apart

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    No one has hit a ball out of YS (old or new). Mantle came the closest
    Actually they said it had been done in batting practice on several occcasions (at the old remodeled stadium) through that open alleyway in RF where the the grandstand met the bleachers. I distinctly recall seeing a video clip showing Bernie hitting one out through that gap during batting practice.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It would be interesting to know what Mantle's exit velocities were back in the day.

Hard to say. Baseballs may have been a bit softer, bats a little harder, pitchers throwing a few less MPH.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Actually they said it had been done in batting practice on several occcasions (at the old remodeled stadium) through that open alleyway in RF where the the grandstand met the bleachers. I distinctly recall seeing a video clip showing Bernie hitting one out through that gap during batting practice.
    Josh Hamilton came within a foot or two of putting one over the back wall just to the left of the grandstand in right during the '08 home run derby.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    YES does with their BP practice show that comes on 30 minutes before the pregame show.
    Dang, didn't know that. I don't get YES out here unfortunately. But thanks for the tip.

NYYF Legend

Don't think it's possible too hit a ball out of the current park. Outer wall to high. By the way it's possible that Babe Ruth could have hit one completely out of the original Stadium since they triple deck stands in RF where not put in untill 1938. Mantle's HR would have left the park had he hit in the 1920's.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

On a good night, he could be out of the Stadium and cursing at fans 4.6 minutes after the game ended. 8.2 minutes later he'd be downing his third shot.

I thought Strawberry hit one out a while back. Maybe during bp?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I thought Strawberry hit one out a while back. Maybe during bp?
    Yes, I remember this, too. I think it was during BP.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

what bub said. give a strong wind, slightly higher trajectory and hotter weather.

the ball needs to go to this area, but that angle is pretty ideal for pulling the ball hard so it works out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Yes, I remember this, too. I think it was during BP.
    I believe Bernie Williams also hit one out during batting practice.

NYYF Legend

In an actual game, nah....during BP probably. I think he will be the first to hit one over the batters eye up on to the standing room area they have there in a game.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    In an actual game, nah....during BP probably. I think he will be the first to hit one over the batters eye up on to the standing room area they have there in a game.
    It's too bad you can't watch Yankees batting practice in person anymore. Would be fun to watch how far Judge could hit the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I believe Bernie Williams also hit one out during batting practice.
    http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8267971
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF MVP

Think he might be - his homers are memorizing!

Thread Information