+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I was grounded for a month the summer I was 8 years old for crossing Main Street and walking along the train tracks. That's the only thing I can think of.
    Are you actually fixated on train wrecks or T. Rex?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

I see dead people.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Instead of locking the thread (if it comes to that) move it to The Sports Bar. It's too much fun to read.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Instead of locking the thread (if it comes to that) move it to The Sports Bar. It's too much fun to read.
    I approve
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Released Outright
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I see dead people.
    Ok YP, I think I see the problem---- sit on the couch over there.

I cannot legally hypnotize you on the Internet, BUT if you want to, you could hypnotize yourself. Soooo, close your eyes, count down slowly from fifteen, then carefully answer the following questions:

1) These dead people you see--are any of them posters from this site? If so, did you have anything to do with their death?

2) Are these dead people actually dead or might they be "faking it?" Are any of these dead people named Aaron Hicks? (Gosh, I HOPE not!)

3) The very first year you went trick or treating as a young lad, were you attacked? Did you survive the attack?

4) The very first year you went trick or treating as a young lad, did you attack someone else? Did they survive?

5) How many people, if any, have you murdered in your lifetime? (Please don't take this personally, it's just a question. Don't give the answer to anyone else, just tell yourself).

6) Every year as Halloween approaches, do you perspire? If so, where?

7) Every year as Halloween approaches, do you still go out and buy a costume? If not, do you make your own costumes?

8) How many nights a week do you wake up in a profuse sweat yelling "Mommy, Mommy, help me, they're back again?"

Ok that should do it. Let us know later if you stop seeing all these dead people. Thanks!

everytime i want to go to the other thread from the forum main page, i have to open up the subforum, because this thread is showing up as latest bumped.

wtf

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Ok YP, I think I see the problem---- sit on the couch over there.

I cannot legally hypnotize you on the Internet, BUT if you want to, you could hypnotize yourself. Soooo, close your eyes, count down slowly from fifteen, then carefully answer the following questions:

1) These dead people you see--are any of them posters from this site? If so, did you have anything to do with their death?

2) Are these dead people actually dead or might they be "faking it?" Are any of these dead people named Aaron Hicks? (Gosh, I HOPE not!)

3) The very first year you went trick or treating as a young lad, were you attacked? Did you survive the attack?

4) The very first year you went trick or treating as a young lad, did you attack someone else? Did they survive?

5) How many people, if any, have you murdered in your lifetime? (Please don't take this personally, it's just a question. Don't give the answer to anyone else, just tell yourself).

6) Every year as Halloween approaches, do you perspire? If so, where?

7) Every year as Halloween approaches, do you still go out and buy a costume? If not, do you make your own costumes?

8) How many nights a week do you wake up in a profuse sweat yelling "Mommy, Mommy, help me, they're back again?"

Ok that should do it. Let us know later if you stop seeing all these dead people. Thanks!

I don't know. They are all around me.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    everytime i want to go to the other thread from the forum main page, i have to open up the subforum, because this thread is showing up as latest bumped.

wtf
    Gee, I'm terribly sorry you've been so inconvenienced, sir. We will try to keep it quiet in here so as not to disturb you further.

If you would like to speak with someone about this problem, please call our "In-thread customer service and complaint line" at 1-800-DarnYou....now I do have to advise you that the service is only open from 11PM till 11:30PM just ONE night during the week, and we haven't figured out yet which night. Again, thank you for contacting us and please have a very pleasant day!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'd go with the Babe.
    Billy Martin.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis View Post
    Billy Martin.
    I was always amazed at Steinbrenner for rehiring that character. I surely wouldn't have.

NYYF Legend

How close to the earth did that asteroid end up coming last week?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    How close to the earth did that asteroid end up coming last week?
    not close enough

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    not close enough

I'd like to place a service call with the in-thread customer service:

There's a glitch with poster Retired_Doc. His font is showing blue on my screen. Please advise when you can fix this as it's extremely distracting. I find the color elevates my anxiety levels causing my posts to be inefficient.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and a quick resolution.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'd like to place a service call with the in-thread customer service:

There's a glitch with poster Retired_Doc. His font is showing blue on my screen. Please advise when you can fix this as it's extremely distracting. I find the color elevates my anxiety levels causing my posts to be inefficient.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and a quick resolution.

Dear Mr (or Mrs) (or in the event you are a young attractive, unmarried female, MISS) Hitman,

Thank you very much for your notice. Even though we are technically "closed" we are more than happy to respond to your all-important, out-of-breath message. From the time stamp of your early-morning message, we can surely sense your elevated level of "blue-font anxiety."

We contacted the poster in question, one Retired_Doc. Now we do have to mention that this guy is a bit quirky and eccentric. As you probably know, he is not a young man. Not a "spring chicken" as we say. Anyway, we asked the good Doctor why the obnoxious blue font? His response was that as he scans through the thread seeking to respond to any and all posters, his "old" eyes ain't what they used to be, and as such, the blue font, he tells us, allows him to immediately recognize that post as one of his own, and therefore not a post that requires his response. Like I said, this character is a bit quirky. You should see all the other complaints we've received over this over-the-hill clown. So, unfortunately the old codger needs to continue using the obnoxious blue font.

Say, I know what you can do to mess him up: You should also type in blue font. That'd really confuse him, huh?

Ooooops, forget it....I just realized he'd start posting in purple.

Sincerely,

Lorena Bobbitt

Released Outright

How about this guy, Mr. Hicks. Wowsers! Last night in our 6 to 3 loss to the emotionally confused Pittsburgh Pirates, ONE man's performance stands out! And that man is Mr. Hicks. Ponder this: It's the top of the 8th inning. Two outs, a runner on first and Mr. Hicks standing in the batter's box--ZING, an all important infield single by Mr. Hicks owing mostly to the employment of his blinding speed. And speaking of speed Mr. Hicks then proceeds to steal second base. (In a cloud of dust and a mighty "Hi Ho Silver, away!") Then with a chance to tie the game (thanks to Mr. Hicks,) Holliday strikes out and there goes the ballgame. The Yanks were a pathetic 0 for 7 w/RISP! Dreadful.

But we can't blame the dramatically under-appreciated Mr. Hicks, now can we? He set the table but no one cleaned up.

LOOK at Mr. Hicks' record thus far: Second on the team in OBP! 4th in B.A. FIRST in RBI's to AB ratio! FIRST in walks to AB ratio! FIRST in HR's to AB ratio....Need I go on?

Needless to say Mr. Hicks is accomplishing all of this with limited at bats! The guy needs a rhythm. Yet Girardi stays with the anemic-hitting Gardner. I like Gardner a lot, but he is no Hicks, that's for sure.

RESCUE Mr. Hicks

NYYF Legend

My foot hurts. Doc! I need some help!

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    My foot hurts. Doc! I need some help!
    Listen, the problem with us human beings is that we tend to take things for granted. This is WRONG! We must appreciate everything we have. With that said, TRUE appreciation for say, your feet needs to result in the following remedy: Take a couple months off walking on your feet and walk on your hands instead. I do it all the time. WHAT a sense of accomplishment!

Have you any earthly idea how many miles you walk on your feet every day? It's between 1 and 6 miles on avg. So multiply all the days of your life times say an avg of 3.5 miles and that's how many miles your feet have on them.

I clearly remember when the Chrysler Motor Car Co. came out with the first ever 50k miles/5 year warranty. Remember? Well that's a good place to start. Observe that Chrysler estimated that a car should last around 50k miles or slightly more before it broke down....................soooo how many miles have you used your feet? If the answer is over 50k miles then it's obvious to me that you need to start learning how to walk on your hands.

Oh, best to wear gloves till you get the hang of it.

Hope this helps!

Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post

Dear Mr (or Mrs) (or in the event you are a young attractive, unmarried female, MISS) Hitman,

Thank you very much for your notice. Even though we are technically "closed" we are more than happy to respond to your all-important, out-of-breath message. From the time stamp of your early-morning message, we can surely sense your elevated level of "blue-font anxiety."

We contacted the poster in question, one Retired_Doc. Now we do have to mention that this guy is a bit quirky and eccentric. As you probably know, he is not a young man. Not a "spring chicken" as we say. Anyway, we asked the good Doctor why the obnoxious blue font? His response was that as he scans through the thread seeking to respond to any and all posters, his "old" eyes ain't what they used to be, and as such, the blue font, he tells us, allows him to immediately recognize that post as one of his own, and therefore not a post that requires his response. Like I said, this character is a bit quirky. You should see all the other complaints we've received over this over-the-hill clown. So, unfortunately the old codger needs to continue using the obnoxious blue font.

Say, I know what you can do to mess him up: You should also type in blue font. That'd really confuse him, huh?

Ooooops, forget it....I just realized he'd start posting in purple.

Sincerely,

Lorena Bobbitt
    Maybe he could start using a white font.

Released Outright

Ohhh, kinda like a picture of a white cow being milked in a snowstorm, huh? Ok, I'll recommend that to the old Doc. Many thanks for your suggestion.

Hex Color #EFEFEF to be exact. Would be much better if he posted in this color. C'mon Doc, lay down the crack pipe and try it!
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Released Outright

Hee hee, you boys are very funny. But sorry, it's blue for me.

Remember this (BEST TV series ever!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95f7VwXqIw

OR, another version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIRUtJMA40&t=44s

(Caution, spoilers)

Released Outright

And Mr. Hicks comes through once again. When the game against the Pirates was very close, who could we count on? Who you gonna call? HICKSBUSTERS! The man scored two runs; annoyed Pirates relief pitcher Bastardo in to wild pitching Ellsbury home, then proceeded to hit a screeching ground rule double and of course scored.

Mr. Hicks has THE highest OBP on the entire team! AND the highest slugging %.....Wowsers!

"How do you think he does it? I don't know. What makes him so good?"

Mr. Hicks deserves to be a starter.

NYYF Legend

Some people see things as they are and ask why.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why not.
    Hicks is gonna get his share.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Some people see things as they are and ask why.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why not.
    Hicks is gonna get his share.
    Bret Gardner (though I love the guy personally) hath been passed by by the incredible Mr. Hicks! The time hath come the walrus said! Mr. Hicks is just too darn good to be riding the pine.

Wake up, Mr. Girardi, I demand action!

Thread Information