+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14
    Forum Regular
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

Talking Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    BRB getting popcorn
    Oh, get me some too please. Now do me a favor, make sure mine is air-popped. Far less calories that way. Don't want any butter on top. VERY bad---saturated fats. But do please add two tablespoons of olive oil. Olive oil has monounsaturated fatty acids which are healthy. Also please add two teaspoons full of "cheese flavoring." (Actually has no cheese but tastes like it does.)

Sorry to be so picky, but when you're 70 yrs old and the number of years you have left is somewhat reduced (reducing?) ya gotta be careful.
    The World's most esteemed, experienced and entertaining poster--bar none!

Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

**Ponder this: Suppose, just SUPPOSE there was REAL openness and REAL honesty in sports. Sooo for example (if there were, we might watch a TV interview like this):

Michael Kay: Joe Girardi, what do you think of Greg Bird?

Joe G.: Come on Mike, the guy is a freaking bum this year. His head is up his a$$. There is something very wrong with his mind/psyche. The guy has physical talent but in truth he's a mental midget. He's younger than his years, woefully immature and not-ready-for-prime-time in MLB. I want him on the next bus to Scranton.

Michael Kay: What about Sanchez? What about his injury?

Joe G.: Ha! Come on Mike. I was a catcher, right? I'm also an ex-Marine. We're tough. Do you think I'd have been placed on the DL with a rinky-dinky minor muscle pull in my arm? I'm a Marine. Players today are "pu$$ies."

Michael Kay: Well Joe, what about Hicks? I mean this guy's off to a great start but the word is out that you are personally stunting his growth by not starting him even though Gardner has been putrid.

Joe G.: First of all Michael you never played the game, so what do you know? Hicks is a Cashman baby. I never liked Hicks. Cashman insists on putting this clown on the roster over my vehement objections. I don't want a player that only Cashman likes. Frankly, I should be both MGR and GM.

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Retired_Doc,

By any chance, are you a huge Castro fan, too?
    George, Gabe, Stick >> Hal, Randy, Cashman.

Forum Regular

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Retired_Doc,

By any chance, are you a huge Castro fan, too?
    Nope, I have never been a fan of that Communist Fidel Castro at all. What he did to his own people in Cuba was dreadful. I hope his brother does a better job of leading that island nation. The only good thing about Cuba is that if you need a spare part for your '55 Chevy, chances are somebody in Havana has it!

............................OHHHHH, you mean STARLIN Castro!! Sorry, I got confused there. Yep, I like Starlin a lot. It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    Nope, I have never been a fan of that Communist Fidel Castro at all. What he did to his own people in Cuba was dreadful. I hope his brother does a better job of leading that island nation. The only good thing about Cuba is that if you need a spare part for your '55 Chevy, chances are somebody in Havana has it!

............................OHHHHH, you mean STARLIN Castro!! Sorry, I got confused there. Yep, I like Starlin a lot. It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us.
    Your last sentence... Id love that but that's one hell of an expectation. One that I think is unreachable
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Your last sentence... Id love that but that's one hell of an expectation. One that I think is unreachable
    Well, he runs harder to first on grounders...what more do you want?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Well, he runs harder to first on grounders...what more do you want?
    He also doesn't smile as much, so that's a plus.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post

Let us take a closer look at Cano vs Castro (Starlin that is, not Raul ):

In 2014 Cano hit only 14 HRs and had 82 RBI's--NOT what Seattle had counted on. In 2015 Cano had 21 HRs and a mere 79 RBI's. Quite disappointing for the money Seattle pays him. In 2016 he finally had a good year. But on avg for those 3 yrs Cano has been a HUGE disappointment. This season (though a small sample) Cano is batting a paltry .269 and is projected to hit just 24 HRs.

Starlin, a MUCH less expensive fellow, hit 21 HRs for us last year, an amazing 50% increase over his career best. This year he's projected to smash 36 HRs. I don't think he'll get that many, but clearly his projection seems to indicate much more power. Thus he could catch Cano in street value. Further, and this is key, Starlin is SIX years younger than Cano so we have many more yrs of productivity to look forward to. In 2 to 3 yrs the Marlins will need a replacement for Cano.

I prefer Starlin to Cano at this stage of the game.

Castro's preseason thing was Stalin Castro. Not Fidel. He was a hybrid of communist dictators.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Castro's preseason thing was Stalin Castro. Not Fidel. He was a hybrid of communist dictators.

Ohhhhhh, now I see

Forum Regular

Question Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Is tonite's game against the Red Sox delayed, postponed? Rained out?

I'm seeing on a betting site "Postponed."

Forum Regular

Angry Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

ok I see it's rained out---damn, now what am I gonna do?? I had this nite all planned out to watch the game---now I am here, forlorn, lonely, saddened, and broken-hearted---NO game to watch! Damn Fenway Park....that dump shoulda been torn down years ago to build a slum!

Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

HICKS! WHO scores the first run off one of THE best pitchers in ALL of MLB? Why, one Aaron Hicks, that's who!

A solid line drive single to RF, then Hicks speeds his way to 2B, then to 3B and of course soars home on a SF.

WHAT a player!

What a savior!

On a nite when Sale struck out SEVEN Yanks in 3 innings, Hicks gets a line drive single. WOW!

Forum Regular

And Hicks scores again. He has scored both Yankee runs---oh my! What a player!!

Hicks MUST start playing every game.

This was amusing for about half of a page.

For the love of God, can we please lock this thing up already?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post

EVERYTHING I write is amusing.

...a genius is seldom recognized in his own time...............

You're just envious that Mr. Hicks, who I personally recognized for being dramatically UNderappreciated on this site was the game-changer last night!

Doc what do you prescribe for a common cold?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I don't think I would ask him for medical advice. Psychologists are not real doctors.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post

[Moderator]

Nah. I'm going to leave it open. Entertainment factor. Hicks advances a base on a Passed Ball, and we start making room for him in Cooperstown. You don't find that sort of entertainment value in other threads.

Most of our threads last for a couple pages. This one is enduring. [I'm sure Doc will take credit for this.] Why would I lock up a thread that generates participation?

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

He can't give prescriptions. He's not a real doctor.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Actually, my mother, God rest her soul, used to make a great meatloaf. With eggs in it. Still in the shells, that is. YUCK!

She also made it with corn flakes in it. Still in the box!

NYYF Legend

NeverEmployed_TwentyEightYearOld
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Forum Regular

This is a very good question and one that I receive on a regular basis. The issue is clouded by the fact that oftentimes a person "thinks" he has a cold, when really all it is is a minor case of the sniffles or a very short allergic reaction that will pass soon, on it's own. BUT with that said, here is the ultimate way to know for SURE if you actually have a cold:

Grab someone of the opposite persuasion (ok, the SAME persuasion, if you insist) and make out like crazy with this person for 48 straight hours. Don't take any breaks...kissing. hugging, rubbing, schmoozing, etc. (I'm sure you can take it from there). Now when the 48 hrs is over check to see if the other person has a cold. If they do, then yep you really did have a cold. If they are disease-free, then you never had a cold to begin with.

Ok, grab that other person and report back to us in approx 48 hrs.

(Oh, do NOT watch any Yankees games for the 48 hrs in question. We don't want anything to interrupt the intense intimacy!)

Thread Information