+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

Like any other player his playing time will depend on how he plays. And if he plays well at the ASB I will say he has done something. I used to watch him live regularly in New Britain so to me it surprises me how he has struggled. Same with Buxton in Minnesota now.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    don't lie!!
    Ok now to the truth.

Re: DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?

DON"T LIE!! Did you stop beating your wife?

The very question concludes Hicks has it in him now. Not sure that's true.

Addicted Member
    *70* year old Ex-New York Psychologist now in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    DON"T LIE!! Did you stop beating your wife?

The very question concludes Hicks has it in him now. Not sure that's true.
    When you hit TWO HRs in the same game and cause your team to win, it can easily be deduced that you "Have it in you now!"
    Retired_Doc asserts NONE of his posts be interpreted as Intentionally insulting any other poster. Everything is tongue in cheek humor.

Let's get that HOF plaque ready
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Doc View Post
    When you hit TWO HRs in the same game and cause your team to win, it can easily be deduced that you "Have it in you now!"
    By that logic, Romine has it too

I posted this during ST:
    http://bronx.locals.baseballprospect...te-discipline/

There is a reason why the Yankees like him. I can understand that. However, he still needs to do better with pitches in the zone. He's done it early, whether he can do it consistently is the big question.

Cashman needs to use the hot starts Gardner/Ellsbury have gotten off to for actual good and trade them. I don't know if Hicks is the answer, but there is potential upside here, and I'm willing to roll the dice.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I posted this during ST:
    http://bronx.locals.baseballprospect...te-discipline/

There is a reason why the Yankees like him. I can understand that. However, he still needs to do better with pitches in the zone. He's done it early, whether he can do it consistently is the big question.

Cashman needs to use the hot starts Gardner/Ellsbury have gotten off to for actual good and trade them. I don't know if Hicks is the answer, but there is potential upside here, and I'm willing to roll the dice.
    Agreed. I don't have much faith in Hicks, so if he pans out, I consider it a bonus.

Either way, guys like Frazier and Fowler will knocking on the door very soon, so it's time to create spots for these kids to play.

Part of rebuilding is identifying players who won't be part of the long term solution, trading them for assets that can help your rebuild, and creating opportunities for prospects to play.

It's obvious that Gardner and Ellsbury won't be part of the solution come 2019, so why block every OF in the system for the foreseeable future?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

I have been advocating trading Gardner for over a year, and even dumping Ellsbury's contract more recently, in part because I wanted to give Hicks a real chance and in part because of minor league depth. But Hicks hasn't proved anything yet except that he should get a chance.
    If the primary goal was this year rather than the future, I understand keeping the two older guys for now. It probably is better for ticket sales, especially the popular Gardy. But ditching at least one and giving Hicks the spot for now is the better baseball decision imo.

I saw the cat avy and thought this was a joke post from awy.

That it's actually a real post is even better and makes much more sense.

"Mr. Hicks"

I still hate Hicks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post

"Mr. Hicks"
    Hick's. Hick's what?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    But it hasn't. It's one good week. No, I'm not preparing any apology speech.

If it does turn into two good months, well, I'm a former Melky hater. I have plenty of practice at not letting two good months convince me.
    Just "former"?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post

"Mr. Hicks"
    When I author a thread, it's no joke. I've been a poster on internet message board complexes since the internet speed was 14.4 baud. Yes 14.4. Not even 28.8 or 56k. Remember those days? It took 10 minutes to download a single good size photo.
    Retired_Doc asserts NONE of his posts be interpreted as Intentionally insulting any other poster. Everything is tongue in cheek humor.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Hick's. Hick's what?
    It's not "Hick's," it's "Hicks." Show the man some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Just "former"?
    Sure. I have nothing personal against him, and I wish him luck in whatever he chooses to do, as long as it doesn't involve playing for the Yankees, ever.

When I author a thread, it's no joke.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll stop laughing now. See below.

I've been a poster on internet message board complexes since the internet speed was 14.4 baud. Yes 14.4.
    14.4? Where were you when it was 2400? Or 300?

You must mean like you did:

DON"T LIE!! Ok now to the truth: Did you think Hick's had it in him all along?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

This is turning into a 2400 baud thread.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

You mean there is something better than this?

I actually had one of those.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

I was looking at the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

Is that a a Brazilian phone? For all we know up here, that's what they're still using.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Is that a a Brazilian phone? For all we know up here, that's what they're still using.
    Why Brazillian? Just curious..

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

That phone has buttons.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    That phone has buttons.
    Pretty sure it's an old fake button phone, where pushing the button sends a pulse (dial-type) signal. That phone looks to me like a Siemens PABX phone of the time, and could have been seen anywhere outside the US, including Brazil. Some of my clients had those phones.

@JL25and3: These days Brazilian internet is better and cheaper than American. The US is behind the rest of the world, so don't get uppity.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I was looking at the thread title.
    I love this thread.

Thread Information