+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2017 Jordan Montgomery thread

ClownPickle is currently trying to play the victim card. A guy who has gotten banned in the past for disruptive behavior.

You love to mention my current residence as a negative all the time; well, you're certainly playing the part of Californian pretty damn well!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    ClownPickle is currently trying to play the victim card. A guy who has gotten banned in the past for disruptive behavior.

You love to mention my current residence as a negative all the time; well, you're certainly playing the part of Californian pretty damn well!
    Calmer than you are.
    Calmer than you are

This thread is very interesting. Of course nothing to do with baseball but interesting nontheless
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    This thread is very interesting. Of course nothing to do with baseball but interesting nontheless
    One of the only threads to contain graphs and charts lol

The level of hypocrisy is hysterical. The guy literally just got done trashtalking me to multiple posters a page ago. But hey, it's all good when you do it.

I respond in similar fashion and all of a sudden it's a capital crime. Interesting.

If you can't handle it then don't start. You also were the poster who said you weren't going to respond to me anymore but immediately continue to do so unprovoked and then to other forum members. The best is that he states I am "making personal attacks" when I've never done so. Meanwhile he is telling posters to "shut your mouth" or flat out insulting posters by calling them "douches" or to "get off deez nuts."

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Calmer than you are.
    Well played.

If you guys keep this up until the ASB, I'll be really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    If you guys keep this up until the ASB, I'll be really impressed.
    I predict we will be BFF's by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    I predict we will be BFF's by then.
    But that would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    But that would be boring.
    Yep. I'm probably in the minority, but kumbaya threads are dull. Contrarian posters make it more interesting to check in here.
    George, Gabe, Stick >> Hal, Randy, Cashman.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Yep. I'm probably in the minority, but kumbaya threads are dull. Contrarian posters make it more interesting to check in here.
    I beg to differ.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Sadly you're probably not in the minority. It's oddly natural to want to see the aftermath of a car crash.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Bad ending but very good start. At least 3 BS hits in there.
    Calmer than you are

He could be solid 4th starter. However, he will never be an ace, and his absolute peak is that of a 3rd starter. I could envision Andy Pettite as the best case. Armed with only 91-93 fastball but has at least 4 pitches and could throw them all for strikes.

Definitely part of the future. Leave the future ace stuff to Severino, but a solid 4th starter-innings eater is an invaluable part of a championship team.

NYYF Legend

Bad ending but very good start. At least 3 BS hits in there.
    It seems to me he has the batters off balance, and that could results in some excuse me BS hits.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It seems to me he has the batters off balance, and that could results in some excuse me BS hits.
    Probably. However, I think if Carter stretches or Kozma charges, he's out at 1B easily.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Probably. However, I think if Carter stretches or Kozma charges, he's out at 1B easily.
    On that play for sure. Kozma sat back and waited for that grounder.

I can't wait until Kozma isn't a Yankee.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

meh. dont pitch inside to dead pull guys
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    meh. dont pitch inside to dead pull guys
    I don't know where he intended to throw that pitch, but I think that's Montgomery's biggest problem. His command/control can go away. However, you hope he can sharpen that up as time goes on. He seems to have the consistent release point down already.
    Calmer than you are

true. was a bit wild in the first too
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I beg to differ.
    Stop being contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post
    He could be solid 4th starter. However, he will never be an ace, and his absolute peak is that of a 3rd starter. I could envision Andy Pettite as the best case. Armed with only 91-93 fastball but has at least 4 pitches and could throw them all for strikes.

Definitely part of the future. Leave the future ace stuff to Severino, but a solid 4th starter-innings eater is an invaluable part of a championship team.
    Nobody in their right mind projected him as a frontline starter, much less an ace, so relax bruh. If everything breaks right he could be a #3 but, even a really good #4 lefty starter would be dope. The kid has shown a lot in his first two starts.

Would've liked to see him get a shot to pitch through the 7th, or at least get an out. Especially since he gave up an infield single and defensive oppo single before the one big mistake that resulted in a 3-run HR. The kid had another 11 whiffs on 92 pitches. He's got an ability to make people miss as well as a pitchability that, coming over the top, makes him very hard to hit. Very cool to have a guy like this to (hopefully) follow the rest of the year.

NYYF Legend

He'll be traded for sonny gray
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF MVP

The key for Montgomery is going to be getting ahead of counts. The slider and changeup have both looked good so far; no one was really talking about the slider, but it has looked like his best pitch according to stats. But his fastball has looked pretty hittable so far, so if he gets behind in counts, it might come back to bite him.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post

He's not Andy, who threw mid 90s for much of his first ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Nobody in their right mind projected him as a frontline starter, much less an ace, so relax bruh. If everything breaks right he could be a #3 but, even a really good #4 lefty starter would be dope. The kid has shown a lot in his first two starts.

Would've liked to see him get a shot to pitch through the 7th, or at least get an out. Especially since he gave up an infield single and defensive oppo single before the one big mistake that resulted in a 3-run HR. The kid had another 11 whiffs on 92 pitches. He's got an ability to make people miss as well as a pitchability that, coming over the top, makes him very hard to hit. Very cool to have a guy like this to (hopefully) follow the rest of the year.
    For me, he's got a chance to be a back of the rotation who gives you some years of above average pitching and some years of below average pitching.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    The key for Montgomery is going to be getting ahead of counts. The slider and changeup have both looked good so far; no one was really talking about the slider, but it has looked like his best pitch according to stats. But his fastball has looked pretty hittable so far, so if he gets behind in counts, it might come back to bite him.
    His change-up is the key. If that keeps being effective, his fastball will play up. Love the first pitch curve for a strike also.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information