+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Chris Carter 2017 Performance Thread

I thought I would start this thread by pointing out that Matt Holliday was walked five times in five at bats in the game yesterday. Carter was batting behind him. I think this shows some disrespect, though Carter himself walked a couple of times. Let's hope that Carter in limited action starts to show a little bit of his power sooner rather than later. He obviously is not going to show much else, including defense at first.

NYYF Legend

Re: Chris Carter 2017 Performance Thread

Showing off the wheels.

Now tied with Torreyes for team lead in triples. LOL
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

No bump after today's blast?

And Sterling's call turned out to be "Carter hits it harder!" Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    No bump after today's blast?

And Sterling's call turned out to be "Carter hits it harder!" Lame.
    smh. No thought in that whatsoever. You'd think a guy that's known for quips like this would at least try to be a little clever.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

well he hit that pitch well.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

In before the DON"T LIE thread, Chris Carter edition.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    In before the DON"T LIE thread, Chris Carter edition.
    I won't LIE - Chris Carter has it in him to hit the ball a mile - when he's lucky enough for the ball to find his bat.
    Baseball is life;

I keep hearing if gets consistent ABs he will hit HRs. This has not happened. The signing was strange to begin with. He's by far the weakest bat in the lineup. Looks like a DFA candidate in like July.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I keep hearing if gets consistent ABs he will hit HRs. This has not happened. The signing was strange to begin with. He's by far the weakest bat in the lineup. Looks like a DFA candidate in like July.
    With Bird and Austin injured, he's prob the best option at first.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I feel like he is going through what Hicks went through last year.......

That being said, Id love to see him gone ASAP.

NYYF Legend

With the slow start and the injury to Bird, first base has become a wasteland for the Yankees. And from Bird's postgame tonight, it does not seem like we are going to see him anytime real soon. And it seems wherever Carter is placed into the line-up, he just cannot avoid coming up in important parts of the game and killing the rally.

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    With Bird and Austin injured, he's prob the best option at first.
    I think I'd rather see Holliday at 1b, with the 4th OF as the DH. Or have Romine at 1b. I'd rather see Carter as the late inning pinch hitter, if that.

I never saw him play before this season, but it's hard to believe he was the HR leader last season. The optimist in me hopes that he's simply adjusting to a new league and a new set of pitchers.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Carters been a bum. Want him to succeed bet hes been bad lately no doubt
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Cy Young

Dude looks like a zombie out there. Absolutely clueless. I can't believe there isn't a better option. I believe the Yankees would call up Ryan Howard if he wasn't absolutely worse.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Make the Yankees great again!!

Yankees should have a Chris Carter appreciation day. First 18,000 customers receive a "fan".

NYYF Legend

Until Bird is ready...

Romine: Play 4 out of each 5 games at 1B, 1 of 5 at C.
    Holliday: Play 4 out of each 5 games at DH, 1 of 5 at 1B. All 4 OFers can play when Holliday is at 1B.
    Carter: DFA
    Higgy: Replace Carter to be C insurance.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    Dude looks like a zombie out there. Absolutely clueless. I can't believe there isn't a better option. I believe the Yankees would call up Ryan Howard if he wasn't absolutely worse.
    I watched him several times when he was with Milwaukee and thought "wow, this guy is horrible, I don't care how many home runs he hits, he is a dog." He seemed to always look like he was in a daze and had zero fire in his belly. He led the league in HR and his team did not want him back...HUH!!! We pick him up as insurance! Insurance against what? Insurance in the event we are too good and need a reminder of what it could be like to have a cadaver in our starting lineup? DFA THIS STIFF!!

DFA Carter, add Choi to the 40 man and bring him up.

NYYF Legend

The rare one true outcome player.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    The rare one true outcome player.
    LOL I too enjoy the "Human Fan" moniker he's picked up here but he's K-ing in 35% of his plate appearances compared to 33% for his career which isn't all that unusual.

The problem is his career HR per 18 plate appearances is down to 1 HR in 68 plate appearances.
    Baseball is life;

There should be one post in here and it should read,

"Chris Carter 2017 Performance Thread

garbage"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by don4yanks View Post
    I watched him several times when he was with Milwaukee and thought "wow, this guy is horrible, I don't care how many home runs he hits, he is a dog." He seemed to always look like he was in a daze and had zero fire in his belly. He led the league in HR and his team did not want him back...HUH!!! We pick him up as insurance! Insurance against what? Insurance in the event we are too good and need a reminder of what it could be like to have a cadaver in our starting lineup? DFA THIS STIFF!!
    Led the NL in HRs yet no team wanted him. That pretty much says it all. But since Cashman never admits a mistake probably only an injury gets him off the roster.

Given regular ABs, Carter will put up some HRs and nothing else, as he has shown in his career. As a part-timer, he seems to be useless. I figured bargain signing, but I really see no point to keeping him on the roster, especially when Austin returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    Given regular ABs, Carter will put up some HRs and nothing else, as he has shown in his career. As a part-timer, he seems to be useless. I figured bargain signing, but I really see no point to keeping him on the roster, especially when Austin returns.
    Not a Carter fan here, but let's be fair. In the interests of accuracy I'll point out that Carter was top ten in the NL in walks and top 20 in hit-by-pitch last year. As a result, he put up a respectable .321 OBP. Achieving an OBP almost 100 points above his BA has been what he's done throughout his career. In addition, he was 2nd in the NL last year n Sac Flies. He didn't drive in 94 runs just by hitting HRs.

Again, not a Carter fan here and there are obviously lots of holes in his game. But to say that he does nothing but hit HRs is just not fair or accurate.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Not a Carter fan here, but let's be fair. In the interests of accuracy I'll point out that Carter was top ten in the NL in walks and top 20 in hit-by-pitch last year. As a result, he put up a respectable .321 OBP. Achieving an OBP almost 100 points above his BA has been what he's done throughout his career. In addition, he was 2nd in the NL last year n Sac Flies. He didn't drive in 94 runs just by hitting HRs.

Again, not a Carter fan here and there are obviously lots of holes in his game. But to say that he does nothing but hit HRs is just not fair or accurate.
    I wish he'd get hit by more pitches this year.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Thread Information