+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 71 72 73 74
Results 1,826 to 1,835 of 1835

Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I suspect that, not long after his promotion, Yankee fans will be crying "Why is Tyler Austin on this team?"

His mL numbers on the surface look appetizing, but one thing really distresses me - he is a strikeout machine in the minors: 33 this season in 110 AB. For his mL career, his K ratio is 25%.

The Yankees want him to cut down on his strikeouts - it can be done, just look at Aaron Judge's progress. Bringing him up to replace another K machine (Carter) just makes no sense. If we are going to replace Carter, at least get someone who won't cause wind problems in YS.

If Austin sucks then cut him. We free up a 40 man spot
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I would like to see the guy get a chance too, but don't over emphasize what he showed last year, especially compared with what Carter did last year. Austin is not gong to save this team this year and he is not really an important part of their plans for future years. They would happily include him in a deal.

They cannot carry both Carter and Austin on the 25 man roster. Neither has any real defensive flexibility. Calling up Austin probably means releasing Carter, which would impact depth. Carter has been bad enough defensively as well as offensively that I hope they are close to doing this. But it is not as obvious a move as most here assert, especially with Austin admitting that his swing has not been right, and Bird continuing to be unable to play.

How is there room for Bird and Carter, but not Austin and Carter?

I want Tommy Kahnle and will pay the price.
    Calmer than you are

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

There was never room for Carter on the same roster as a productive Holliday at DH and another defensively limited first baseman, whether Bird or Austin. It was a bad signing as several of us said at the time. Cashman should have used the money on a flyer with another reliever.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    This may be your best post. I even went to Rotoworld because I couldn't believe it. And Austin is playing 1B today. I was upset last night when he SO with Sanchez on 3rd with one out. This was a mistake. I just hope Bird gets back from the cortizone shot. (We needed that W)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    There was never room for Carter on the same roster as a productive Holliday at DH and another defensively limited first baseman, whether Bird or Austin. It was a bad signing as several of us said at the time. Cashman should have used the money on a flyer with another reliever.
    Ironically, the signing would have looked pretty smart given Bird's injury IF Carter would have actually hit. Of course he didn't so, it's a moot point.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I want Tommy Kahnle and will pay the price.
    The Ex Yankee prospect called the worst teammate ever?

Would the Yankees puruse Darvish at the deadline or at least in the off season? He looks all the way back to top form.

Thread Information