+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 314 FirstFirst ... 21 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 7830
  1. #1751

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I'd love it if Cash found a team that felt that way. I don't think it's likely. Again he's going to be a 34 year old, oft-injured, declining skills CF with a noodle arm. He's 3/$68MM now (including the buy out). I don't see him getting 3/$45MM on the open market if he was a FA at the end of this season, so why would anyone acquire him at that rate? I think a) they'd have to find a contender that has a sudden, desperate need for a CF option and b) they'd have to kick in more money to have any hope of shedding his contract. And, as I said above, they'd be wise to do it to save some money, replace his production and perhaps most importantly protect another more valuable forward-looking asset in the rule V.

    It's bad considering his production. Even with his teasing hot start to this year, his last 1500 PAs are who he is now. A really poor hitter, with a questionable arm at third. We're fans of a contending team who has him today, and we're looking to get rid of him. What does that tell you? Why would anyone take his contract? See a) and b) above. Those apply here. Frankly, if the Yankees can pay 80% of his remaining deal they should do it, whether they decide to be buyers or sellers.
    Yeah I say do whatever it takes to get rid of the bad contracts left, which I think are only those 2..i cant wait until they are gone and its all home grown talent with a couple high priced vets who hopefully are worth it..

  2. #1752
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Gardner could actually get you a decent return, but you need to rethink the $$ on Headley and Ellsbury. Radically, I'd say.

    No way does anyone want a theoretically combined Headley and Ellsbury for free if the Yankees cover only $23MM. Those guys are owed a combined $80MM+ after this season.

    Headley is a 34 year old 3B with a bad back, a 89 OPS+ over his last 1500 PAs and while he has a decent glove has developed a sense of the yips. If you traded him alone today you'd get nothing back and have to probably give almost the full $23MM you allocated above for trading both guys. In other words, you'd have to give him away and likely pay close to 100% of his salary for the remainder of this year and next. The Yankees won't do that, but if they can find someone to take him they should... to make way for guys that would make ML minimum, likely approximate if not improve on his production, and clear a roster spot for a bulging system.

    Ellsbury is in a similar boat. Of course he got his bat going a little this year and then runs himself into an injury. He's gonna be a 34 year old CF with no arm, a highly questionable bat, declining basestealing ability owed a guaranteed 3/$68MM after this season. The Yankees would be lucky at this point given his performance and injury history to find someone desperate enough to take him for nothing + $34MM (half his salary). And again, the Yankees won't do that but they should.

    These two guys need to be gone prior to the rule V draft. If anyone is willing to pay any portion of their salary, they should be dealt. They could be replaced by mL talent at ML minimum salary, and it would protect two additional players in a talented system.
    Bingo!

  3. #1753

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    With Torres out for the season, letís see what moves they could make for 3rd base.

  4. #1754
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    With Torres out for the season, letís see what moves they could make for 3rd base.
    tyler wade

  5. #1755

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Andujar was promoted to AAA and is the starting lineup for Scranton tonight, playing 3rd.

  6. #1756

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Andujar was promoted to AAA and is the starting lineup for Scranton tonight, playing 3rd.
    I just wrote a thread saying he was killing it at Trenton, would be great if he played great and was called up after the all star break..
    Last edited by Maynerd; 06-20-17 at 01:11 PM.

  7. #1757
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Maybe they don't like Wade's arm enough as an everyday 3rd baseman.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  8. #1758
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Maybe they don't like Wade's arm enough as an everyday 3rd baseman.
    Could be stronger, but gets the job done. I think they want him to be the Yankee version of Brock Holt..

  9. #1759
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    headley's arm is already whatever. wade will be fine.

    it's not really about maximizing this year's wins, but showcasing and giving wade some time

  10. #1760
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Could be stronger, but gets the job done. I think they want him to be the Yankee version of Brock Holt..
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  11. #1761
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The urinal right next to you

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Matt Adams seems like someone they would acquire... he'll be out of a job once Freeman returns, and Cashman has a good working relationship with the braves... probably won't cost much either (one or two potential 40man crunch victims)
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  12. #1762
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    LOL . http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/30841/brock-holt

  13. #1763
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Matt Adams seems like someone they would acquire... he'll be out of a job once Freeman returns, and Cashman has a good working relationship with the braves... probably won't cost much either (one or two potential 40man crunch victims)
    This is a great idea!

    See post 1740

  14. #1764

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Frazier seems to be figuring it out in scranton, has been hitting pretty consistently for a couple weeks now

  15. #1765

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Frazier seems to be figuring it out in scranton, has been hitting pretty consistently for a couple weeks now
    He's not here because he's being blocked
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  16. #1766

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    This is a great idea!

    See post 1740
    A poor fielding first baseman who strikes out a lot? Thought we already have one of those guys...

  17. #1767
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    A poor fielding first baseman who strikes out a lot? Thought we already have one of those guys...
    Ours doesn't hit..

  18. #1768

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Justin bour
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  19. #1769
    Joey Binder SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Frazier seems to be figuring it out in scranton, has been hitting pretty consistently for a couple weeks now
    He's been hitting well just about all season. Most of these kids are ready.

  20. #1770

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    He's been hitting well just about all season. Most of these kids are ready.
    Although I don't think we should "sell" if we could trade Gardner for something that could help us this year, I would do it so Frazier can play
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  21. #1771
    Joey Binder SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Although I don't think we should "sell" if we could trade Gardner for something that could help us this year, I would do it so Frazier can play
    I would like to see Frazier too. Was this not suppose to be a "rebuilding" year in which we see lots of younger players?

    I don't think it happens unless Gardner is out for the year.

  22. #1772

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Gardner's value is as high as it will probably be. Let's also not forget that his performance declines quite a bit in the second half. Both Frazier and Fowler are MLB-ready. Now would be the time for the Yankees to move him, if they want to.

  23. #1773

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Gardner's value is as high as it will probably be. Let's also not forget that his performance declines quite a bit in the second half. Both Frazier and Fowler are MLB-ready. Now would be the time for the Yankees to move him, if they want to.
    It's tough when you're in 1st to make that kind of deal. Can't see Cashman doing it, especially with the presence that Gardner is. You only have him for one more year plus a buy-out after this season.

    One the Ellsbury/Headley front, those contracts would be GREAT to move. The Lakers today just gave up a good, young PG to move a bad contract. I would HATE to do it, but I would move Ellsbury and a prospect if it meant getting rid of most/all of the money. Headley, you just kind of deal with. If you move him, great. If not, he's insurance in case the young guys don't work out and he's done after next year.

  24. #1774

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    It's tough when you're in 1st to make that kind of deal. Can't see Cashman doing it, especially with the presence that Gardner is. You only have him for one more year plus a buy-out after this season.

    One the Ellsbury/Headley front, those contracts would be GREAT to move. The Lakers today just gave up a good, young PG to move a bad contract. I would HATE to do it, but I would move Ellsbury and a prospect if it meant getting rid of most/all of the money. Headley, you just kind of deal with. If you move him, great. If not, he's insurance in case the young guys don't work out and he's done after next year.
    Well, if it helps with trading, we're probably only going to see first place for a few more hours.

  25. #1775

    Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    It's tough when you're in 1st to make that kind of deal. Can't see Cashman doing it, especially with the presence that Gardner is. You only have him for one more year plus a buy-out after this season.

    One the Ellsbury/Headley front, those contracts would be GREAT to move. The Lakers today just gave up a good, young PG to move a bad contract. I would HATE to do it, but I would move Ellsbury and a prospect if it meant getting rid of most/all of the money. Headley, you just kind of deal with. If you move him, great. If not, he's insurance in case the young guys don't work out and he's done after next year.
    I'm sure Cashman won't move Gardner. I would do it because of what's behind him. Frazier and Fowler are both studs(don't mind Fowler's prospect rankings--kid can do it all) and ready. Not to mention that you'd get a couple of solid pieces for Gardner as well.

    I'm resigned to the fact that Ellsbury and Headley are immovable assets(?); at least Headley only has one more year after this on the books. What the Lakers did today in moving Angelo Russell was asinine. Made no sense at all. There need to be a couple of other shoes to drop for that trade to make sense. Not only is Lopez highly injury prone, he also doesn't fit in today's NBA.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts