+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 159 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Team DJ View Post
    What would the likes of: Mason Williams, Rob Refsnyder, Tyler Austin & Austin Romine net us. All once highly regarded prospects who for one reason or another havent quite secured an everyday spot.

Package those 4 up maybe with an Ellsbury and/or Torreyes for a front line Starter?
    Quantity is not the same a quality. You don't get a dollar for four dimes.

It's not to say those guys have no value but their value is no bringing back a frontline starter.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    The white Sox would probably take that and not hesitate
    You're probably correct, and that's why I think it's an overpay. Good pitcher. Not an "Ace", but a OK #2. Would be much better if he was your #3.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    I don't think the White Sox take that deal. Mateo's value is pretty low right now, which makes Sheffield the only true top 100 prospect. Hicks is an interesting piece to offer, but I don't think many people around the league are totally sold on him quite yet. Refsnyder has little-to-no value and Green is only a decent peripheral piece in a deal like that.

I think they'd want more of a: Frazier/Montgomery/Thairo Estrada type deal.

Green needs a cutter to offset lefties. Cooper is the perfect pitching coach to teach the cutter. That's one guy who will thrive in Chicago.

trade for justin wilson.

bullpen depth can go a great way towards covering for shaky starters. As long as said starters dont implode too adly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    trade for justin wilson.

bullpen depth can go a great way towards covering for shaky starters. As long as said starters dont implode too adly
    Cessa and Green should get it done.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Cessa and Green should get it done.
    Yea seems like a solid package

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    trade for justin wilson.

I have to agree. A great bullpen is so important in october
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    You're probably correct, and that's why I think it's an overpay. Good pitcher. Not an "Ace", but a OK #2. Would be much better if he was your #3.
    my best guess would be they'd think some of the players in that package will be good players. Maybe not though. Def don't want him to be a 1 but I buy into him as a 2
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    my best guess would be they'd think some of the players in that package will be good players. Maybe not though. Def don't want him to be a 1 but I buy into him as a 2

Agree. I would prefer him to be a #3, but he is a OK for a #2 if that becomes the situation. My point is that:

1 - I do not want him as my "ace".
    2 - I would love it, if the Yankees got him, and he was slotted in as the #3. That would be a sign of a solid rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

It's not to say those guys have no value but their value is no bringing back a frontline starter.
    Those 4 i mentioned are very low risk potentially high reward. I think they could net something worthwhile
    I know they say that when you dream you eventually wake up. Well, for some reason, Ive never had to wake up.

NYYF HOF

Tyler Wade is having a nice run in Scranton - I wonder if he's getting noticed outside the Yankee world?

I've been wondering about this - In a package deal for a starting pitcher, as a 3rd or 4th piece, who has more value: Torreyes, Mateo, Refsnyder, or Wade? This is presuming the first and second pieces are OFers and/or pitchers.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF HOF

Speaking strictly in terms of trade value, IMO (right now) Aaron Hicks has more trade value than either Gardner or Ellsbury.

If this is true, is it worth shopping Hicks as part of a package for a SP?

Agree or disagree?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

know who else has even more value? aaron judge.

basing your trade decision on this standard is inadequate

Those 4 i mentioned are very low risk potentially high reward. I think they could net something worthwhile
    Those four are not high reward types.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

You are both overvaluing those 4 players and undervaluing a frontline starter.

Williams is not low risk. He hasn't played a half season without injury in several years, he's sporting a .543 OPS right now, and is on the short list to be DFA'd at some point this season (a teams will get him for free). I like Mason and he's athletic, but he has very little trade value.

Romine is not high upside. He's an adequate back up catcher, and if you believe his production in Sanchez's absence, a low end starter. At this point, he is what he is, which is a 28 year old backup with only two years of control remaining.

Refsnyder is neither low risk nor high reward. Every team has a Ref at some level ... not enough bat for a corner, not enough glove for the middle. Ref's a gamer, but they tried to trade him and got no takers, indicative of his trade value.

Austin is the most valuable piece you offer and he'd be a great 3rd or 4th piece in a trade for a frontline start, after the 2-3 top 100 prospects you would also need to offer.

To a team with a depleted farm at the upper levels, those four might net you an interesting arm in the low-mid minors or a fully paid 7th inning reliever at the ML level, imho.

NYYF Legend

If by something you mean flawed prospect, innings eater starter with big contract, BUC or fungible middle reliever then yeah I agree with you.

If by something you mean "high end starter" then
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Tyler Wade is having a nice run in Scranton - I wonder if he's getting noticed outside the Yankee world?

I've been wondering about this - In a package deal for a starting pitcher, as a 3rd or 4th piece, who has more value: Torreyes, Mateo, Refsnyder, or Wade? This is presuming the first and second pieces are OFers and/or pitchers.
    For trade value I'd rank them Mateo > Wade > Torreyes > Refsnyder
    Baseball is life;

I agree. It would be pretty concerning if there wasn't a team out there that's high on Mateo

... and you definately don't get a dollar for 4 nickels!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    You are both overvaluing those 4 players and undervaluing a frontline starter.

To a team with a depleted farm at the upper levels, those four might net you an interesting arm in the low-mid minors or a fully paid 7th inning reliever at the ML level, imho.
    I like that idea, similar to the Ben Gamel trade. Guys like Williams, Refsnyder, and even Austin may soon be on the outside of the 40 man roster squeeze, yet they would provide significant improvements for some teams a the AAA/ML backup level.

Instead of losing guys through waiver claims, rule v, and mL free agency, let's keep stocking the lower levels.

I think you can take Darvish off the trading block. Rangers have climbed themselves back in the wildcard race.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF HOF

I agree. So here goes:

Aaron Hicks, Clint Frazier, Albert Abreu, Jorge Mateo, Tyler Wade, Luis Cessa

for

Jose Quintana & David Robertson

BOOM. Strong offer. Opens 3 spots on the 40-man. Fair for both clubs. AL East title. BOOM.

stop trying to give up many actual good players for quintana

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I agree. So here goes:

Aaron Hicks, Clint Frazier, Albert Abreu, Jorge Mateo, Tyler Wade, Luis Cessa

for

Jose Quintana & David Robertson

BOOM. Strong offer. Opens 3 spots on the 40-man. Fair for both clubs. AL East title. BOOM.
    Definitely would be opposed to that.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Definitely would be opposed to that.
    Yeah we should be getting a top 5 pitcher in baseball for that offer

Thread Information