+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 169 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

2017 Trade Deadline Thread

It's not too early to start projecting what the team might need to consider doing at the deadline. I don't think their record after the first week is necessarily a reason to panic, but let's face it. This is still not a very good team. Kinda hoping this July finishes the job Cashman started so brilliantly last summer. How about Tanaka and Betances as this summer's primary bait? And at what point do we need to start getting some ML ready players back to reboot for 2018?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

Too early. Last year's team had no chance....too old, too slow, too fragile. This year's team has A chance, albeit a low one. Right now 3 position players are out, but if everyone comes back healthy they have potential to score enough runs to win. I think we can right off Pineda as one who won't contribute, but you can't say that yet about Sabathia, Tanaka or Severino, and the pen is sufficient if they're not overworked. I think we give the team until the All-Star break before any talk of what to do about the trade deadline.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Everything not named Bird, Sev, Sanchez, and Judge on the ML roster should be on the trading block.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Everything not named Bird, Sev, Sanchez, and Judge on the ML roster should be on the trading block.
    I wouldn't trade Holder either.

Couldn't agree more. You don't half-ass a rebuild. I think we are going to be terrible this year and next year.

2019 is the year. You put the home grown guys with some mega free agents and roll.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I wouldn't trade Holder either.
    If Severino doesn't show me he can start, I would put him on the block as well
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I know there will be a lot of predictions of Gardy being traded (just like every deadline and off season), but he'll be sticking around.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

The pitching just isn't there yet. Another year of blowing it up at the deadline and we'll be in serious business in the next few years.

Tanaka
    CC
    Pineda
    Gardner
    Castro
    Headley
    Holliday

Could and should be removed if we are out of it by the deadline.

They need to see if Betances can string together a few good months and try to get a Miller-esque package for him. Being an awesome set-up man doesn't have much value for a team with starting pitching too thin to ever take a lead into the 8th.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HughesIsNasty View Post
    The pitching just isn't there yet. Another year of blowing it up at the deadline and we'll be in serious business in the next few years.

Tanaka
    CC
    Pineda
    Gardner
    Castro
    Headley
    Holliday

Clippard too if he doesn't suck.

• Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
      If Severino doesn't show me he can start, I would put him on the block as well
    Or the bullpen......
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    They need to see if Betances can string together a few good months and try to get a Miller-esque package for him. Being an awesome set-up man doesn't have much value for a team with starting pitching too thin to ever take a lead into the 8th.

I disagree because they just signed chapman. might as well keep your pen in tact. They plan on contending next year or 2019 at the latest.

They have enough young guys at is, They need to start filling holes with good players, not trade them away for prospects

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    I disagree because they just signed chapman. might as well keep your pen in tact. They plan on contending next year or 2019 at the latest.

They have enough young guys at is, They need to start filling holes with good players, not trade them away for prospects
    I would keep Chapman, but give what has happened with Betances in the contract negotiation process the last couple of years, I think trading him makes a lot of sense if we are in a similar position to last year - he has two more controllable years after this one and likely would bring a good haul.

While I want to see him succeed as a starter, Severino could easily fill the Betances role going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I would keep Chapman, but give what has happened with Betances in the contract negotiation process the last couple of years, I think trading him makes a lot of sense if we are in a similar position to last year - he has two more controllable years after this one and likely would bring a good haul.

While I want to see him succeed as a starter, Severino could easily fill the Betances role going forward.

My only thing is that you arent likely to get anything of major leafue quality, because no contender is going to trade away their good players. I just dont see any reason to trade Betances. Im all for it if we can aquire a middle of a rotation starter though, I just dont think thats likely.

NYYF Legend

The Giants sign Upton to help boost their struggling OF? Brian call Brian and work out something.. Ells for fringe prospect , eat some money, Hicks for a milb arm, or see if Ref's has any value..We have the goods...

Agree w/ moving Betances if we're in a similar spot, but Severino isn't going to be Betances out of the pen. Betances' FB and breaking ball are substantially better.

IMO Severino either tightens up his command and works on his change, or he's not that valuable. His stuff isn't good enough to just go to the pen and dominate ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by HughesIsNasty View Post

Tanaka
    CC
    Pineda
    Gardner
    Castro
    Headley
    Holliday

The problem is that with the second wild card, it takes quite a lot to be "out of it by the deadline." I'm not sure how bad the Yankees' record would have to be in order for the front office to blow it up, but I think the team as constructed is probably, perhaps unfortunately, too good for that. (Although injuries could change that.)
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-a...first-baseman/

Carter for Bregman. Make it happen Cash!

NYYF Legend

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-a...first-baseman/

Carter for Bregman. Make it happen Cash!
    CP -

I can't access this blog from work, so I need to ask - are they suggesting Chris Carter for Alex Bregman? If so, why in God's Green Earth would Houston do that trade?

LTYF

NYYF Legend

CP -

I can't access this blog from work, so I need to ask - are they suggesting Chris Carter for Alex Bregman? If so, why in God's Green Earth would Houston do that trade?

LTYF
    Na. Just joking. Article is about Houston needing a 1B.

Na. Just joking. Article is about Houston needing a 1B.
    They need 1 more starting pitcher too, and that is something we may be able and willing to supply them with come July. Imagine if they got Tanaka? We would certainly have to drain their farm though.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Curious. If Pineda continues to have good starts, especially ones like yesterday, do we root for its impact on our 2017 season, or on his trade value?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Curious. If Pineda continues to have good starts, especially ones like yesterday, do we root for its impact on our 2017 season, or on his trade value?
    Why not both?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Why not both?
    "Now you're thinking like a GM."

trade romine for no less than 12 baseballs.

Thread Information