+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 165 166 167 168
Results 4,176 to 4,186 of 4186
    NYYF HOF

Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Your overall point stands, but Polo was promoted to AA several weeks ago and had been destroying it.
    Only 3 OF position are available, and Rutherford and Polo were more than 5 away from the top over the next few years. Clarkin is a high-risk pitching prospect with a few pitchers ahead of him also. I guess what I'm really saying is that Cashman dealt from positions of strength - blocked prospects and money. He did exactly what he says he wants to do: be a careful buyer. Kudos to him.

Sonny Gray....Sonny Gray....Sonny Gray.... :-)
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Oh sure. He's less awful than Cessa, Mitchell, etc. But I'd be disappointed if that's the player they acquire to bolster the rotation.
    The pickings are slim - perhaps it's better to lower the expectation? Always good to have a Plan B.

(IMO Gray should be Plan A, simply because it rhymes lol).
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

I'm starting to think not calling up Chance Adams is about not wanting to destroy his trade value. Perhaps they don't think he'll be successful. BBs and HRs.

I think it has very little to do with IP limitations. He's not exactly being held to some crazy limit in AAA.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm starting to think not calling up Chance Adams is about not wanting to destroy his trade value.
    I think there's a Chance Adams will be with the Oakland organization pretty soon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm starting to think not calling up Chance Adams is about not wanting to destroy his trade value. Perhaps they don't think he'll be successful. BBs and HRs.

I think it has very little to do with IP limitations. He's not exactly being held to some crazy limit in AAA.
    Good point.

Adams should be given a change instead of having auto lost with Cesa, and If Clint gets sent down, it's another bone head decision as will just go to show that Jacob will start because of that HORRIBLE contract.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    The pickings are slim - perhaps it's better to lower the expectation? Always good to have a Plan B.

(IMO Gray should be Plan A, simply because it rhymes lol).
    Despite being injury prone, Wacha is the Cards pitcher I'd target if they're selling.

NYYF Legend

Mark Feinsand @Feinsand 25s26 seconds ago
    Yankees still seeking a starter. Source says Chance Adams not a realistic rotation option in 2017; still developing, plus innings limit.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...-ellsbury.html
    With Jacoby Ellsbury looking like an expendable part on the Yankees roster, ESPN’s Buster Olney (subscription required) looks at some of the potential large contracts New York could take on as a way of facilitating a trade for the outfielder, who is owed roughly $75MM between now and the end of the 2020 season. Olney’s names (all speculative) range from other unfavorable contracts like
    Anyone with a subscription care to post the names Olney mentions?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Really like Perdomo. Stuff (3 pitches). Highest GB% in baseball. I imagine the Padres would be difficult and want something insane.
    Calmer than you are

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...-ellsbury.html

Anyone with a subscription care to post the names Olney mentions?
    That's funny -- I don't think that article was an ESPN Insider earlier today.

IIRC, he named: Jordan Zimmerman, Justin Verlander, Jeff Samardzija, and Robinson Cano. There might have been a fifth name.

Thread Information