+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Na. Just joking. Article is about Houston needing a 1B.
    People rely on this site as their one and only accurate news source with no ability to get information elsewhere. This joke is a great injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    People rely on this site as their one and only accurate news source with no ability to get information elsewhere. This joke is a great injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    trade romine for no less than 12 baseballs.
    awy- since you already have the lack of capital letters thing going on, I think you should also dispense with all punctuation. You could be the Cormac McCarthy of posters on the NYYFans forum :-)

Nice literary reference, but that was unfair to McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Nice literary reference, but that was unfair to McCarthy.
    Noted.

uh ok
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Awy your Judge plan is coming together nicely.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Awy your Judge plan is coming together nicely.
    next step:
    hire some putin bots to spam judge on twitter.
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

First half of April and the trade deadline thread is up and rocking already

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

So, I have to confess. At the start of this thread I underestimated this team. It's still a little early to draw conclusions, but I'm no longer underestimating. Now the question is, if they continue to play well, does Cashman consider dealing for pieces for a pennant drive? What about Pineda? The trade deadline strategy could be shaping up quite differently than it looked at first.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    So, I have to confess. At the start of this thread I underestimated this team. It's still a little early to draw conclusions, but I'm no longer underestimating. Now the question is, if they continue to play well, does Cashman consider dealing for pieces for a pennant drive? What about Pineda? The trade deadline strategy could be shaping up quite differently than it looked at first.
    I would absolutely trade prospects for pieces that will help us win the WS. That's what prospects are for. Some work out, some don't, and some you trade to improve your team.

One player that comes to mind that I (as well as any contender) would be very interested in - Yu Darvish, assuming Rangers continue to be sub-.500.

Underestimating this team was the logical thing to do
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I would absolutely trade prospects for pieces that will help us win the WS. That's what prospects are for. Some work out, some don't, and some you trade to improve your team.

One player that comes to mind that I (as well as any contender) would be very interested in - Yu Darvish, assuming Rangers continue to be sub-.500.
    I'll take anyone that can get outs. At this point not sure we need a bat unless there is an injury. A starter would be the way to go. And he has to be able to get outs. Getting outs>radar gun
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

NYYF Legend

Eaton is done for the year with a torn ACL. Ellsbury is off to a hot start. The stars might be aligning.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

I still wouldn't be against seeing if we could dump Ellsbury or see if we could get an overpay for Clippard, Gardner, or Pineda. The team has been put together well. Really liking the bullpen and line up, even the bench has stepped up.

NYYF Legend

I know people don't want to see Tanaka on the team next season if he decides to opt out. But imagine if the Yankees have both Tanaka and Darvish in 2018, Otani would definitely be interested to join the party....

Be prepared to pay a ransom. Texas is not going to give him away even as they prepare to lose him to free agency after the season. The one thing that might depress the return is his health, as he does not yet seem to have regained his pre TJS command to this point. Stuff is certainly there...

I'm totally against any deal that trades the future for this year. If any of the team's top prospects are traded they better bring back somebody who can definitely contribute at a high level for at least the next 5 years, or basically anyone under age 30. The team has finally shed itself of old and slow and I'd rather they keep the best of the youngest circulating into the majors every year they can. Adding Harper or Machado in a couple of years will put the offense into super high gear but that only sacrifices a draft pick.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'm totally against any deal that trades the future for this year. If any of the team's top prospects are traded they better bring back somebody who can definitely contribute at a high level for at least the next 5 years, or basically anyone under age 30. The team has finally shed itself of old and slow and I'd rather they keep the best of the youngest circulating into the majors every year they can. Adding Harper or Machado in a couple of years will put the offense into super high gear but that only sacrifices a draft pick.
    I am in total agreement with this post.

NYYF Legend

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I know people don't want to see Tanaka on the team next season if he decides to opt out. But imagine if the Yankees have both Tanaka and Darvish in 2018, Otani would definitely be interested to join the party....
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Be prepared to pay a ransom. Texas is not going to give him away even as they prepare to lose him to free agency after the season. The one thing that might depress the return is his health, as he does not yet seem to have regained his pre TJS command to this point. Stuff is certainly there...
    Ok let's have some fun. Let's assume a couple of things: 1) Tanaka, Yarvish & Otani all have gentlemen's agreements to sign with the Yanks after the season. What would you give up for Darvish, assuming the Rangers insisted on at least 2 of: Sanchez, Judge or Torres? If you're not going to give up 2 out of these 3, what kind of package would you offer that the Rangers might be interested in?

Here's my package: Clint Frazier, Justin Sheffield, Dustin Fowler, Jorge Mateo, & Chance Adams.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    This was excellent....I spilled my coffee.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

I don't even know who we would get. I would assume Torres and Rutherford would be off limits. No way I give up Frazier for a 1/2 season of any player.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

THey would ask for a ton for Cole. Estrada seems like a good pickup. I wonder what would take to get him.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Thread Information