+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 Pineda Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Hopefully he realizes that if he continues to pitch like this, there is a $70-100M contract at the end of the tunnel (NOT FROM THE YANKEES, PLEASE)
    at the words in caps.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Pineda's 2017 changeup usage is 4%. That's all that needs to be said.

I don't care how dumb or stubborn Pineda is. It's the coaching staff's job to make him throw a third pitch, his changeup, more often. Same went for Severino.

Absolutely ridiculous Rothschild is allowed to skate on these sorts of screw-ups. Tell Pineda if he doesn't throw his changeup more - to righties and lefties both - that he will be pitching out of the pen and best of luck getting a fat FA deal when you can't even crack the rotation in your walk year.
    Maybe they heard me? 100th time's a charm.

Now keep throwing it dude...

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

17/0 K/BB

He puts up such elite numbers like that and yet..........

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    17/0 K/BB

He puts up such elite numbers like that and yet..........
    He's such a tease. But tough to walk away from. Tougher than Nova. Would he be so bad as a #4 or #5 starter in 2018 and beyond?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    He's such a tease. But tough to walk away from. Tougher than Nova. Would he be so bad as a #4 or #5 starter in 2018 and beyond?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Maybe they heard me? 100th time's a charm.

Now keep throwing it dude...
    Please make sure Severino gets the same message, please.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    That's the easy answer now but what if he figures it out at age 29 in a different uniform next year and the Yanks have a worse rotation than they have now? You might be having second thoughts.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Please make sure Severino gets the same message, please.
    Seems just as deaf to us as Pineda.. It was encouraging to see Gary drag him him into throwing changeups consecutively and in hitters counts this spring. Hopefully he continues to do so because he had the same regression as Pineda in his first start in terms of changeup use (4% on Friday).

NYYF Legend

You need to thank me for today's performance.

I drafted Mike in the last round in one of my Fantasy Leagues (I know, silly, eh?). But I decided I would never ever put him on the active lineup. Even if he had days like today.

So I dropped him last week.

If I had him on my roster or (heh) in my active lineup, he would have spit the bit.

You're welcome.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    That's the easy answer now but what if he figures it out at age 29 in a different uniform next year and the Yanks have a worse rotation than they have now? You might be having second thoughts.
    Pineda was sensational today but we've seen this movie before. Hard pass unless they can pry Searage away from Pittsburgh.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

you don't need some name coach as long as the right insights are relayed and implemented

Pineda was sensational today but we've seen this movie before. Hard pass unless they can pry Searage away from Pittsburgh.
    I'd still be interested, depending on cost/years and how he performs the rest of the season. Maybe some incentives thrown in.

I know...fool me once, strike one; fool me twice, strike three.

No doubt about it. That 16k performance against Baltimore at the stadium comes to mind as another in a line of C.T. performances.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

I drafted Mike in the last round in one of my Fantasy Leagues (I know, silly, eh?). But I decided I would never ever put him on the active lineup. Even if he had days like today.

If I had him on my roster or (heh) in my active lineup, he would have spit the bit.

You're welcome.
    hahah. You took one for the team.

NYYF Legend

Someone is going to overpay his stuff. I hope it's not the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

You're welcome.
    Would it be possible for you to claim him 2 days before each of his starts and then cut him one day later.... ?
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

SJW and proud

Hypothetical. Say he goes on and has the year he is capable (a 1 or a 2 level). What do you do? Let him go? Make a measured offer? Go full out?
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Hypothetical. Say he goes on and has the year he is capable (a 1 or a 2 level). What do you do? Let him go? Make a measured offer? Go full out?
    I think I said it in this thread or another one that I trade him at the all star break if I can get something good back. Let some other team deal with this emotional rollercoaster. He's not worth the risk imo.

Does anyone have a site that shows his pitch mix/location/breakdown for yesterday? Curious how many changeups

depends on why he is good again. like if you clearly identify the fixes. how durable are the fixes? probably not a deal more than 2 years good but it is a tradeoff between getting upside on years 3,, 4 etc vs size of deal

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    depends on why he is good again. like if you clearly identify the fixes. how durable are the fixes? probably not a deal more than 2 years good but it is a tradeoff between getting upside on years 3,, 4 etc vs size of deal
    This. It's a big fat "depends" though.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    I think I said it in this thread or another one that I trade him at the all star break if I can get something good back. Let some other team deal with this emotional rollercoaster. He's not worth the risk imo.

Does anyone have a site that shows his pitch mix/location/breakdown for yesterday? Curious how many changeups
    I read somewhere that he threw 11 changeups yesterday.

NYYF Legend

I think the jury is out on Pineda. If he's maddeningly inconsistent again with flashes of brilliance mixed in with head scratching clunkers then pass. Let him be someone else's project.

If this is the year he puts it together though it will be a difficult decision to let him walk as he clearly has front line stuff "when on" as will still on the right side of 30 when he signs that off season contract and that a combo that's not always available on the open market.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I think the jury is out on Pineda. If he's maddeningly inconsistent again with flashes of brilliance mixed in with head scratching clunkers then pass. Let him be someone else's project.

If this is the year he puts it together though it will be a difficult decision to let him walk as he clearly has front line stuff "when on" as will still on the right side of 30 when he signs that off season contract and that a combo that's not always available on the open market.
    As intrigued as I've been by his talent since the beginning, I'd be leery of any long term deal with Pineda even in your best case scenario. If the market steps up and pays him a massive contract, pass. If he's somehow still in the bargain bin for a 3 or 4 year deal at reasonable AAV, perhaps consider it.

Probably the best outcome is he rolls all year and gets sold high via trade.

NYYF Legend

Just spit balling - What if he pitches to a best case scenario? 200+ IP, 200+ Ks, sub 3 ERA.

Not saying he will but if he does no way he's in a bargain 3-4 year deal. Probably looking at a 5 year deal at market rate AAV (whatever that is). Is he still pass and move on?
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Just spit balling - What if he pitches to a best case scenario? 200+ IP, 200+ Ks, sub 3 ERA.

Not saying he will but if he does no way he's in a bargain 3-4 year deal. Probably looking at a 5 year deal at market rate AAV (whatever that is). Is he still pass and move on?
    Even as a Pineda fanboy, I'd pass. Or preferably, trade while still under contract if he's pitching towards those numbers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Even as a Pineda fanboy, I'd pass. Or preferably, trade while still under contract if he's pitching towards those numbers.
    If he's pitching toward those numbers it is unlikely the Yanks would be in sell mode.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information