+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 2017 Pineda Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    it pisses me off so much I'd rather him rot on the bench or go to the bullpen than to watch him become an ace for another team. I'm becoming cynical towards him. It's irritating how it's all there, except his head isn't.
    I'm waiting for the inevitable offseason signing by the pirates and for his performance to suddenly skyrocket :/

NYYF Legend

the guy is gutless, can't get a big out to save his life. I'm tired of it, can't wait until he's gone. I'm sure there's a leash, but hopefully if he continues he'll get stashed in the pen and Warren or Montgomery/Green gets his spot.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    the guy is gutless, can't get a big out to save his life. I'm tired of it, can't wait until he's gone. I'm sure there's a leash, but hopefully if he continues he'll get stashed in the pen and Warren or Montgomery/Green gets his spot.
    are we talking about the same guy?

help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

He needs Tommy John Surgery, to his brain.

NYYF Legend

I don’t know that we’re any closer to figuring out Michael Pineda, but it certainly seems as if he’d be better served by locating his fastball towards the top of the strike zone more consistently. He could also take some steps with runners on base, either by attempting to be more careful with the heart of the zone or by working in a way that more closely resembled his windup (and perhaps abandoning some control of the running game in the process). Those things might help, but we don’t know for sure if they’re even possible. He’s a free agent at the end of the season, so maybe he will just get traded to Pittsburgh at some point and let Ray Searage figure it out. Until then, he’ll remain a mystery.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/micha...s-at-it-again/

lol at the idea that Pittsburgh will figure him out. I am anticipating that exact scenario.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

We just need to hire Ray Searage. Cost is no barrier.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

At this point, getting Jesus Montero back would be a better option than sending Pineda back out every 5th day. Brutal.

i mean, they should be constantly trying to tinker with him by this point. whatever he's doing, it's clearly not working.

not seeing these 'pineda trying new stuff' stories

NYYF Legend

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Time to take him behind a shed. I'll volunteer.

NYYF Legend

Pine tar in the jockstrap... do it
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Pineda's 2017 changeup usage is 4%. That's all that needs to be said.

I don't care how dumb or stubborn Pineda is. It's the coaching staff's job to make him throw a third pitch, his changeup, more often. Same went for Severino.

Absolutely ridiculous Rothschild is allowed to skate on these sorts of screw-ups. Tell Pineda if he doesn't throw his changeup more - to righties and lefties both - that he will be pitching out of the pen and best of luck getting a fat FA deal when you can't even crack the rotation in your walk year.

Show some balls and get it done.

Or, like many of us have said, get a guy like Searage, Cooper, or even Hickey in here who actually have a perceivable plan and a track record beyond reproach. Can someone sum up Rothschild's philosophy? Other than he likes strikeouts?

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

At least he only gave up a solo shot his last game..........baby steps.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Pineda's 2017 changeup usage is 4%. That's all that needs to be said.

I don't care how dumb or stubborn Pineda is. It's the coaching staff's job to make him throw a third pitch, his changeup, more often. Same went for Severino.

Absolutely ridiculous Rothschild is allowed to skate on these sorts of screw-ups. Tell Pineda if he doesn't throw his changeup more - to righties and lefties both - that he will be pitching out of the pen and best of luck getting a fat FA deal when you can't even crack the rotation in your walk year.

Show some balls and get it done.

Or, like many of us have said, get a guy like Searage, Cooper, or even Hickey in here who actually have a perceivable plan and a track record beyond reproach. Can someone sum up Rothschild's philosophy? Other than he likes strikeouts?
    Preach.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

coaching has become less of a persons problem and more of a system problem. organizations like houston incorporate insights from analytics driven scouting into their coaching in a way that seems effective, particularly changing players' arsenal to suit their strength and trends in the game.

to compare the state of baseball coaching to medicine or something, we are still at the very early stages of turning it into a science. a lot of value to be gained here

you proved me wrong today. Good job Big Mike

NYYF MVP

He keeps mixing in the change and the beginning of this thread is going to be hilarious by year's end. The talent has always been there. He just needs to trust his pitching (and probably be willing to walk a few more guys, to be honest).

NYYF Legend

So does this mean 5 IP and 6 ER Saturday?
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Still absolutely no faith in this guy, he needs to go.
    Fire Tanaka

NYYF Legend

i couldn't see the game live but I did notice the MLB app had him mixing in the change a ton, even throwing it back to back. He infuriates me because he's so inconsistent. The talent is there, he needs to realize that and just pitch. I still think he's a head case and don't trust him, but I want to be wrong.

NYYF Legend

Hopefully he realizes that if he continues to pitch like this, there is a $70-100M contract at the end of the tunnel (NOT FROM THE YANKEES, PLEASE)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So does this mean 5 IP and 6 ER Saturday?
    It's been a long windy road between his last great start (16K's) and this one. I hope he can back this one up and put a string together.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Hopefully he realizes that if he continues to pitch like this, there is a $70-100M contract at the end of the tunnel (NOT FROM THE YANKEES, PLEASE)
    Better yet, we trade him at the ASB AND then don't sign him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    It's been a long windy road between his last great start (16K's) and this one. I hope he can back this one up and put a string together.
    I hope. He is the one pitcher that would drive me to drink if a player could. He should be a legit 1 or 2 with his stuff.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    Better yet, we trade him at the ASB AND then don't sign him.
    Sure hope so.

Thread Information