+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 126 127 128 129
Results 3,201 to 3,214 of 3214
  1. #3201

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Refsnyder is getting the call per Curry.
    Was secretly hoping it would be Fowler, but this makes sense.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  2. #3202

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    O's no longer the concern. The Red Sox (the team I thought would win the division) will be knocking on the door soon.
    Already are. Just one game behind Baltimore. But bad news for them. In his second rehab start, Price was rocked a second time.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #3203
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    How many AB's will Refs get while Ells is out? Over/under 3?
    3 is probably a good estimate. He may get none. There's no reason to give him a start in the next week, so maybe a pinch hit or pinch run here and there.
    Let the kids play.

  4. #3204

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Refsnyder should be traded to the Pirates. Clearly no spot for him on this team. Pirates like our people. We like their people.

  5. #3205

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Today's game has been postponed and rescheduled for September 25th
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

  6. #3206
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Unhappy Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Today's game has been postponed and rescheduled for September 25th
    That was quick. Means Yankees will now play 14 out of there last 17 games at home. Could be a big advantage come September.

  7. #3207
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    How many AB's will Refs get while Ells is out? Over/under 3?
    Depends on how long Ellsbury is going to be out for but I don't see him getting many at bats aside from garbage time/blowouts. The OF will be Gardner/Hicks/Judge for the foreseeable future.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  8. #3208

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Depends on how long Ellsbury is going to be out for but I don't see him getting many at bats aside from garbage time/blowouts. The OF will be Gardner/Hicks/Judge for the foreseeable future.
    I can see Joe starting Refs in LF against a tough lefty, taking Gardner's spot, but little else. Wouldn't make any sense to replace Judge unless he just needs a breather.

  9. #3209

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Refsnyder is getting the call per Curry.
    How many options does he have left?

  10. #3210
    "The Barrel" ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Seriously...

    How is Webb not replacing Tommy Layne on this roster?
    Calmer than you are

  11. #3211
    NYYF HOF

    JOBA RULES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yankee Universe

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Seriously...

    How is Webb not replacing Tommy Layne on this roster?
    Insane Layne is still on this roster period.

    Webb should 100% take his spot. This organization sometimes frustrates you with their loyalty to guys...we saw it with Drew for 2 years being inept and now with Headley. If they don't make a move at 3b with Wade or Torres in the second half that will be very disappointing.
    FRANCESA >> KAY
    FIRE LEVINE

  12. #3212
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    How many options does he have left?
    This is his final option year. They wasted one by sending him down after 4 games in 2015 which in hindsight was one of the dumbest things Cashman has done. Had they just waited till Sept 2015 he would have 1 more option year left after 2017.

    We are still short a hitter with 8 relievers. Why not also call up Mason Williams and DFA Layne? Then bring up Austin when his 20 day rehab clock is over.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  13. #3213

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    This is his final option year. They wasted one by sending him down after 4 games in 2015 which in hindsight was one of the dumbest things Cashman has done. Had they just waited till Sept 2015 he would have 1 more option year left after 2017.

    We are still short a hitter with 8 relievers. Why not also call up Mason Williams and DFA Layne? Then bring up Austin when his 20 day rehab clock is over.
    So for this entire year they are able to shuttle Refs back and forth at their leisure? I have no idea what Layne is still doing on this team, but I like your idea.

  14. #3214

    Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    So for this entire year they are able to shuttle Refs back and forth at their leisure? I have no idea what Layne is still doing on this team, but I like your idea.
    That's correct. After this year he would need to be DFA'd to go back down.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 8 guests)

  1. albo4lyfe
  2. mbn007
  3. Bag302
  4. neyugnt

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts