+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 450 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 11233
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Friday night lineup in Tampa:

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Tyler Austin begins Minor League rehab tonight. Carter hearing footsteps?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7066/tyler-austin
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Sandlot View Post
    True. I still think Ellsbury is a near impossible sell. He really needs to play, and have a significantly improved year to even have the slightest possibility of dealing him. I'd say it's impossible, but the Dodgers took Carl Crawford, so stranger things have happened.

Hopefully Gardner continues to hit. He seems like the guy that could have some good value leading up to the deadline. A contending team that has some OF injuries would be ideal... Washington for example. I just wonder if they'll be a little hesitant to trade him if they're in a playoff race. A team needs some vets, and he seems like a leader on this team. He plays the game the way that you want these younger guys to play.
    Well, given what Hal seems to be saying, Gardy might not be going anywhere...
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-top-prospects
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Tyler Austin begins Minor League rehab tonight. Carter hearing footsteps?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7066/tyler-austin
    Even when Austin comes back I bet Carter stays. It will probably take Bird to come back too for the Yankees to dump Carter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Well, given what Hal seems to be saying, Gardy might not be going anywhere...
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...-top-prospects
    Gardner is barely mentioned in that article. What am I missing?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Even when Austin comes back I bet Carter stays. It will probably take Bird to come back too for the Yankees to dump Carter.
    Carter isn't going anywhere for the rest of the season.
    We've seen this song and dance before with Mitre, Rogers, Drew, Capuano, etc.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    The "buyers, not sellers" context. But in reality they could - and possibly should - be both.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I assume he's referring to this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Steinbrenner
    Steinbrenner cited rookie Jordan Montgomery, Pineda and Sabathia as pleasant surprises, and he also singled out Starlin Castro, Chase Headley, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brett Gardner and Aaron Hicks for praise.
    I wonder if Hal actually watches any games. He considers Sabathia a "pleasant surprise" when he has been disappointing at best, and makes no mention of Severino, who has arguably been the team's best starting pitcher.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    The "buyers, not sellers" context. But in reality they could - and possibly should - be both.
    Great, Great Point IMO. We for sure have to do both. WE have to move some of the surplus.

NYYF Legend

The Yankees shall have no problem dealing Gardner in the coming offseason. I don't see the urgency of trading him in mid-summer. Fowlers or Frazier will get their chances this year when Ellsbury goes to DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandlot View Post
    True. I still think Ellsbury is a near impossible sell. He really needs to play, and have a significantly improved year to even have the slightest possibility of dealing him. I'd say it's impossible, but the Dodgers took Carl Crawford, so stranger things have happened.

Hopefully Gardner continues to hit. He seems like the guy that could have some good value leading up to the deadline. A contending team that has some OF injuries would be ideal... Washington for example. I just wonder if they'll be a little hesitant to trade him if they're in a playoff race. A team needs some vets, and he seems like a leader on this team. He plays the game the way that you want these younger guys to play.
    I don't think Ellsbury is impossible to move, but it would require a lot of conviction on the FO's part to clear his spot. He's owed (gulp) 4/$89MM after this year for his age 34 - 37 seasons. If he is approximating his current production (.360 OBP / .420 SLG, ~20HR/40 SB pace) at the ASB and the Yankees are willing to eat ~50% of his deal I'm sure they could move him if there are teams that need to fill a CF/LF spot to contend. And while it would suck, they should eat ~50% of his deal if they can free a spot for Hicks/Frazier/Fowler and also free up some $$ to reinvest and stay under the lux tax threshold when it matters.

I'd be selling Ells and/or Headley at a discount and looking for a legit #2-ish cost controlled SP and willing to buy at a premium if this team is in the same place at the ASB as it is now.

IMHO this team should not be doing anything that doesn't help this year AND in subsequent years, unless the cost is some superfluous chips that will be at risk in rule V if they don't move them.

Make the Yankees great again!!

I don't think Ellsbury is impossible to move, but it would require a lot of conviction on the FO's part to clear his spot. He's owed (gulp) 4/$89MM after this year for his age 34 - 37 seasons. If he is approximating his current production (.360 OBP / .420 SLG, ~20HR/40 SB pace) at the ASB and the Yankees are willing to eat ~50% of his deal I'm sure they could move him if there are teams that need to fill a CF/LF spot to contend. And while it would suck, they should eat ~50% of his deal if they can free a spot for Hicks/Frazier/Fowler and also free up some $$ to reinvest and stay under the lux tax threshold when it matters.

I'd be selling Ells and/or Headley at a discount and looking for a legit #2-ish cost controlled SP and willing to buy at a premium if this team is in the same place at the ASB as it is now.

IMHO this team should not be doing anything that doesn't help this year AND in subsequent years, unless the cost is some superfluous chips that will be at risk in rule V if they don't move them.
    I may be mistaken but I was under the impression he has three years left on his deal after this season. Isn't this year 4 of a 7 year deal?

you could eat money + slap a few midlevel prospects onto ells to move him.

the main return with moving ells is strategic flexibility though, so only valuable if team brass is aiming high. if they are ambitious about long term dominance, ells would get moved. If not, they'll take the loss

Suspended

Bases loaded. No one out. Bring in your best reliever. Betances. This is the game.

Saving a reliever for a situation that may not happen. Dumb.

NYYF Legend

Right. They could trade Gardner for starting pitching. They have the OF depth to deal him without it being a "sell" move.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

they shouldnt carry so much deadwood with the kind of minors depth they have.

no reason carter or torreyes or layne are on the roster

DFA that clown Torreyes.

lessons learned this game:
    romine didnt pitch well, cant hit and cant frame.
    torreyes is dfa material
    trying to hit for power is good for the team

Some of you people crack me up - wanting to DFA Torreyes while conveniently forgetting that without him, this team wouldn't be in first place during Didi's extended DL stint.

he's used up his fairy luck. learn when to cut loss

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Some of you people crack me up - wanting to DFA Torreyes while conveniently forgetting that without him, this team wouldn't be in first place during Didi's extended DL stint.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. As a backup, Torreyes is fine. Not the greatest, but perfectly acceptable.

uh no, you shouldn't give up free value. carrying deadwood on the team is never good

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    uh no, you shouldn't give up free value. carrying deadwood on the team is never good
    Hyperbole is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Hyperbole is fun.
    it's not hyperbole. torreyes is worthless with limited upside. every out is important, you are making the team worse in a low hanging fruit situation because of some silly idea about 'backups don't have to be good'

NYYF Legend

Never gets old walking two struggling hitters so that you can face the Yankee killer Longoria. Good times.

Thread Information