+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 364 365 366 367
Results 9,151 to 9,158 of 9158

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

I think it's about Girardi to the extent that he finally made the move without making Judge feel bad about it. He was patient, perhaps overly so, and then moved him when he had a very solid reason to do so - El Gary is en feugo.

Look - the whole damn organization put the weight of the world on Judge's shoulders in the first half of the season when they added "the chambers" to the stands (which I thought was dumb from day 1). His HR Derby performance was the stuff of legend. The commissioner himself proposed that maybe he'd be the new face of baseball. If he were a child TV star the first half of this season would represent his TV show being rated #1 and then the second half would represent the show being cancelled, his not being able to find work, and then his growing up to be dysfunctional adult strung out on cocaine and heroin.
    "Everyone needs to shut up about this." - Carsten Charles

Otani question: I know he wants to hit, but does that mean just on the day he pitches, or he wants to be in the lineup everyday? If so, what position when he isn't tossing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Otani question: I know he wants to hit, but does that mean just on the day he pitches, or he wants to be in the lineup everyday? If so, what position when he isn't tossing?

It strikes me as a disaster waiting to happen making any assurances to him that he can do both.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    I think it's about Girardi to the extent that he finally made the move without making Judge feel bad about it. He was patient, perhaps overly so, and then moved him when he had a very solid reason to do so - El Gary is en feugo.

Look - the whole damn organization put the weight of the world on Judge's shoulders in the first half of the season when they added "the chambers" to the stands (which I thought was dumb from day 1). His HR Derby performance was the stuff of legend. The commissioner himself proposed that maybe he'd be the new face of baseball. If he were a child TV star the first half of this season would represent his TV show being rated #1 and then the second half would represent the show being cancelled, his not being able to find work, and then his growing up to be dysfunctional adult strung out on cocaine and heroin.
    Well said. Everyone including myself has been placing unreasonable expectations on this kid and he buckled under pressure. Someone pointed out earlier that even at his worst, Judge is a league average player. His storybook first half should be appreciated but not used as the bar to measure him.

As a fan, I feel fortunate to witness the emergence of another star out of the farm system. Give him a chance to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Well said. Everyone including myself has been placing unreasonable expectations on this kid and he buckled under pressure. Someone pointed out earlier that even at his worst, Judge is a league average player. His storybook first half should be appreciated but not used as the bar to measure him.

As a fan, I feel fortunate to witness the emergence of another star out of the farm system. Give him a chance to grow.
    To illustrate what you're saying, here are Hicks' numbers since he's been back. Granted it's only 12 games, 58 PA. But he's done a lot less than Judge to earn some cred and has done a lot more to have planted seeds of doubt. So he should be on a short leash, but no one's complaining about him and no one's calling for him to be dropped in the lineup.

.176/.276/.392/.668

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    To illustrate what you're saying, here are Hicks' numbers since he's been back. Granted it's only 12 games, 58 PA. But he's done a lot less than Judge to earn some cred and has done a lot more to have planted seeds of doubt. So he should be on a short leash, but no one's complaining about him and no one's calling for him to be dropped in the lineup.

.176/.276/.392/.668
    I posted this in last night's game thread - stats don't count last night's game:

Aaron Hicks, since June 14:
    AB: 74
    HITS: 11 hits
    BB: 8
    AVG: .149
    OBP: .232

Extended slump, or simply reverting back to what he was prior to his hot start in 2017?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    I think it would be to DH on days he doesn't pitch. Otherwise we play NL rules after he exits the game as a pitcher.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Evan can check me if I'm wrong, but I believe that happened back in 2006.

Are you sure it didn't happen in 1886?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information