+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 450 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 11233

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    I agree and disagree. I'm one of those who thinks Girardi is a good manager and point out when he's getting irrational criticism. For example the reaction to him DHing Sanchez today. I also point out when I disagree with him.

I'd like to see more Bird and Austin. I don't act like using the alternative in Frazier is an act of lunacy. I think he's made some mistakes in the bullpen but can understand his thinking even when I disagree. I think he rest players too much from time to time but don't think he belongs in A ball when he does it. I think those of us who support him are simply blown away by how absurd the constant criticism is not to mention the hybernole attached to it.
    Agree

Most of the time I agree with the moves Girardi makes, even if sometime he overmanages the BP, sometimes I just scratch my head to some really questionable moves, but at the end I understand, he's a professional and I'm not, pretty sure he has far more info at his disposal to support his desicions

Quote Originally Posted by Carpi View Post
    Agree

Most of the time I agree with the moves Girardi makes, even if sometime he overmanages the BP, sometimes I just scratch my head to some really questionable moves, but at the end I understand, he's a professional and I'm not, pretty sure he has far more info at his disposal to support his desicions
    The manager sees things the fan doesn't. I though it was odd he took out Betances to have Chapman face the righty but perhaps he saw something in the way Dellin was pitching to make the move

Quote Originally Posted by TorreFan66 View Post
    The manager sees things the fan doesn't. I though it was odd he took out Betances to have Chapman face the righty but perhaps he saw something in the way Dellin was pitching to make the move
    Even when I don't agree with him, it looks like he really does his research and uses the information at his disposal to make an informed decision, the move you mentioned was kinda weird and risky for me during the game but after listening to his explanation after the game it makes some sense in his head (even if I don't agree with him)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So just tell me why with the entire bench available Joe did not pinch hit for C.Frazier in the eighth.
    We won the game. You keep bitching about every single move Girardi makes and its getting very tiring. I hope you aren't this miserable in real life.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    We won the game. You keep bitching about every single move Girardi makes and its getting very tiring. I hope you aren't this miserable in real life.
    I think not missing a home game for 14 (?) years suggests some level of enjoyment.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

So just tell me why with the entire bench available Joe did not pinch hit for C.Frazier in the eighth.
    I think it was a questionable move. Maybe he saw something he liked in the previous at bats, maybe he was trying to see if he could get a spark considering some of his heroics earlier this year. Personally I would have pinch hit for him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I think not missing a home game for 14 (?) years suggests some level of enjoyment.
    My condolences on the death of the inspiration of your moniker.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Actually 15 1/2 seasons and mostly I have enjoyed the games. This season has been kind of hard.

My condolences on the death of the inspiration of your moniker.
    I was about to say the same thing! lol
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Actually 15 1/2 seasons and mostly I have enjoyed the games. This season has been kind of hard.
    I haven't actually been to any home games (1 road game), but this season has given me more viewing enjoyment than most recent ones. Judge, Sanchez, Severino, etc.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

Has it been hard compared to recent years? I enjoy actually being in the race compared to the last few years of having to deal with old players. The new young players are fresh and exciting, even if it causes a few more heartbreaking losses.

Forum Regular

I don't think ymike was bitching. He was seeking an explanation, for which most of us were in agreement was a questionable move.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    I don't think ymike was bitching. He was seeking an explanation, for which most of us were in agreement was a questionable move.
    Thank you. The only things I complained about today was the non pinch hitting for Frazier and the continued resting of players. And other people were complaining about the same things.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Has it been hard compared to recent years? I enjoy actually being in the race compared to the last few years of having to deal with old players. The new young players are fresh and exciting, even if it causes a few more heartbreaking losses.
    I have enjoyed watching Judge, Sanchez and Severino . Have not enjoyed more one run losses, more blown saves and more walk off wins by the opposition than almost any Yankees team of recent memory.

I have enjoyed watching Judge, Sanchez and Severino . Have not enjoyed more one run losses, more blown saves and more walk off wins by the opposition than almost any Yankees team of recent memory.
    Ehh i just look at those losses as growing pains. Watching the youngsters you mentioned along with players like Didi/Castro that should be part of our future grow is much better to me compared to the boring years of say 2014 where we had a washed up Jeter and thats about it.

Thank you. The only things I complained about today was the non pinch hitting for Frazier and the continued resting of players. And other people were complaining about the same things.
    And using Green for only 1 1/3 innings in a 2-run game when he gets used for 2+ innings in a game the Yankees are leading by 7-8 runs, which you're completely justified in questioning it. Didn't watch the game, but from the box score, Green was Green yet again.

I'm sorry, but for an MLB manager to use Green the way he has used him lately is unfathomable. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever.

How to Sign Shohei Ohtani

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-t...-shohei-otani/
    by Dave Cameron - September 13, 2017

The Shohei Ohtani show has unofficially begun. After missing over a month with a thigh issue, Ohtani returned to the mound two weeks ago, with scouts from half of the Major League teams reportedly in attendance. For his start on Tuesday night, both Andrew Friedman and Jerry Dipoto were known to be in the stands to watch in person, a start in which Ohtani was clocked at 101 mph and allowed just one hit over 5.2 innings. And after that start, reports from Japan have begun to suggest that there’s an agreement in place for Nippon to post Ohtani this winter, clearing him to come to the Majors for the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    And using Green for only 1 1/3 innings in a 2-run game when he gets used for 2+ innings in a game the Yankees are leading by 7-8 runs, which you're completely justified in questioning it. Didn't watch the game, but from the box score, Green was Green yet again.

I'm sorry, but for an MLB manager to use Green the way he has used him lately is unfathomable. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever.
    I seem to remember Green starting a game earlier this season and tiring fairly quickly after about 3 innings. The form of Chapman and Betances has been so shaky lately that I think Girardi might have been seeing how far he could stretch Green in a game without much pressure? Must have been a lot easier when he had Betances, Miller and Chapman all in killer form. Leading after 6? Game over!!

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post

Perfect example of the criticism and hyperbole I was talking about in an earlier post. The usage of Green has been "unfathomable"? Post like this lead to members like me defending Girardi even when I don't 100% agree with him. The criticism can just be so over the top it's ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

So much misinformation after reading the last 2 pages of this thread. Every manager plays his backup catcher the day game after a night game. The DH allows Sanchez's bat this stay in the lineup. Unreal.

But I am not letting Girardi off the hook for his quick hook of Garcia. Was Garcia visably upset?
    YES had a stat yesterday. Garcia batting average against the 3rd time around - .340. Lifting the lefty against the righty Longoria was a solid move.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    Perfect example of the criticism and hyperbole I was talking about in an earlier post. The usage of Green has been "unfathomable"? Post like this lead to members like me defending Girardi even when I don't 100% agree with him. The criticism can just be so over the top it's ridiculous.
    This team is utter garbage. They have at LEAST 2 or 3 of the worst players in baseball AND the worst, most clueless manager to ever hold a binder. It's amazing that we're still in the division race.

/sarcasm
    Last edited by KayForPresident; 09-14-17 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added "sarcasm" because sarcasm.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

I feel like Clint Frazier should be back in the minors. Call him up next year after more seasoning. He really is struggling. Id love to see what Cave can do.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I feel like Clint Frazier should be back in the minors. Call him up next year after more seasoning. He really is struggling. Id love to see what Cave can do.
    At this point in the season we should be playing the regulars every game. Cave will have his chance next season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AussieYank View Post
    I seem to remember Green starting a game earlier this season and tiring fairly quickly after about 3 innings. The form of Chapman and Betances has been so shaky lately that I think Girardi might have been seeing how far he could stretch Green in a game without much pressure? Must have been a lot easier when he had Betances, Miller and Chapman all in killer form. Leading after 6? Game over!!
    Had Joe not used Green for 2+ innings in a blow out game than he would have been available on Monday meaning Joe would not have had to use Robertson for almost three innings that game meaning D Rob could have also pitched yesterday.

Law's scouting notebook: Yankees prospect Dillon Tate is showing starter potential
    http://www.espn.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=7653

Thread Information