+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 350 351 352 353
Results 8,801 to 8,814 of 8814
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    I'm stretching it a bit, but he's like Pavano not here more than here.
    It's a stretch. That's a name that hurts. Funny Cooper went on the DL for tendinitis and I think way back Pavano always was on DL I think with tendinitis. Austin broke his foot. I really like to see Austin's bat because I don't think we got a good look. Like the idea keeping Bird back for time. The one thing I remember somebody saying: "I hope he didn't bang up his car."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    I seem to remember that "worst player in baseball" hitting a triple vs Sale with two outs to tie that game up. He is better defensively than Sanchez and Monte is a tough guy to handle.
    LMAO! The triple that hit the palm of the outfielder's glove and popped out? THAT triple?

Romine stinks.
    Bad manager.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    Not even close to the worst player in baseball. Additionally framing pitched is not the most important job of the catcher. Handling the staff and calling the game is. This is not a strength of Sanchez' yet.
    Fun fact -- Sanchez has a better CERA than Romine:
    Sanchez: 3.57
    Romine: 4.16
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Frazier batting 6th. Austin 7th and Torreyes 8th tonight . Joe sure makes up great lineups.
    Cooper is on the DL, so basically he's playing Austin over Headley. I'm okay with that, but Toe probably deserves the 7th spot over Austin.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I'm aware of that stat but there is no question that he has struggled communicating with the staff. Tanaka's body language tells the story. He rolled his eyes prior to a mound visit earlier this year. I've never seen a catcher go to the mound more often. He'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Cooper is on the DL, so basically he's playing Austin over Headley. I'm okay with that, but Toe probably deserves the 7th spot over Austin.
    Nothing wrong with the lineup at all which goes to show Girardi can't please a segment of the fan base regardless of what he does.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Why does Frazier have to bad so high in the order. And definitely Toe should bat higher than Austin.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Funny Cooper went on the DL for tendinitis and I think way back Pavano always was on DL I think with tendinitis.
    I don't remember Pavano with tendinitis. Maybe that was why he missed the second half of 2005? 2006 was a three-month a.ss bruise and breaking his ribs driving his Porsche into a pickup truck. 2007 and 2008 were Tommy John.

NYYF Legend

Why does Frazier have to bad so high in the order. And definitely Toe should bat higher than Austin.
    Well then who do you want ahead of Frazier? Toe or the pitcher? It can't be Austin because you want Toe ahead of Austin. Toe and Austin both maybe? Then you've got Toe batting 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Well then who do you want ahead of Frazier? Toe or the pitcher? It can't be Austin because you want Toe ahead of Austin. Toe and Austin both maybe? Then you've got Toe batting 6th.
    Honestly with the way Gardy's been batting lately (.091) I wouldn't mind seeing Toe lead off. But it being what it is, I have no problem w/ this lineup with Ace on the mound. Go Yankees!!

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Romine is a BUC, not a starter. Compare him against other BUCs, not starting catchers. Again, do you expect Sanchez to catch every game? You want Sanchez in the lineup for his bat primarily and he will most likely be the DH tomorrow night against Pomerantz, who is left handed. If Higgy can show that his offense is back, perhaps he will take the BUC job next season. Romine held his own in the early part of the season when Sanchez was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Romine is a BUC, not a starter. Compare him against other BUCs, not starting catchers. Again, do you expect Sanchez to catch every game? You want Sanchez in the lineup for his bat primarily and he will most likely be the DH tomorrow night against Pomerantz, who is left handed. If Higgy can show that his offense is back, perhaps he will take the BUC job next season. Romine held his own in the early part of the season when Sanchez was out.
    Excellent post.

Frazier can take a walk and can hit a long ball on occasion. Other than that I don't know.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    If Girardi had Torreyes batting 6th some folks heads would explode.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information