+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 450 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 350 390 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 11233
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    so now the rotation is:
    Sevy
    Monty
    Mitchy
    Grey -ee
    Garcia - ee
    One problem about Montgomery will be the innings limit issue. The Yankees have maintained that they want to keep him near the 180 mark and that was one of the reasons for him being sent down. Of course those innings could have been paced at the ML level but that is a whole another issue. But if Tanaka is out for a month, how exactly do you keep Montgomery and his innings down? I would like to think that Mitchell could step up but inconsistency seems to be what he is best at. So does that mean a return to Cessa who has also struggled in that starters role?

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    One problem about Montgomery will be the innings limit issue. The Yankees have maintained that they want to keep him near the 180 mark and that was one of the reasons for him being sent down. Of course those innings could have been paced at the ML level but that is a whole another issue. But if Tanaka is out for a month, how exactly do you keep Montgomery and his innings down? I would like to think that Mitchell could step up but inconsistency seems to be what he is best at. So does that mean a return to Cessa who has also struggle does in that starters role?
    They have plenty of arms to try and fill this spot. It will be a rotating tryout of sorts. thank goodness they got Gray at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Uh-oh, plus it's a shoulder. Didn't see this coming:

Mark Feinsand‏ @Feinsand 2m2 minutes ago
    The Yankees placed RHP Masahiro Tanaka on the 10-day DL (retro to 8/10) with right shoulder inflammation. RHP Giovanny Gallegos called up.
    Wow 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Cashman might be Nostradamus in disguise picking up 2 SP.

One problem about Montgomery will be the innings limit issue.
    I wonder what the science is behind this? It's not like he pitches everyday so his arm gets 5 days of rest. That should be plenty of time for muscle recovery. So over the course of a season I don't see how it's not possible to throw extra innings. Everyone gets TJ surgery sooner or later anyway

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    TODAY'S lineup vs Boston, 4:05 pm

Bryan Hoch‏Verified account @BryanHoch 13m13 minutes ago

#Yankees lineup at #RedSox: Gardner lf Hicks rf Judge dh Sanchez c Gregorius ss Frazier 3b Headley 1b Ellsbury cf Torreyes 2b Severino p
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    Not bad..........
    For the roster as is, it's not bad.

However...

Headley can't his lefties, so that's an issue, (not sure why GCoop is sitting, except - "Veteran") at least Joe doesn't have him batting 5th today. Also Ellsbury can't hit anyone so that's an issue.

Bring up Adujar and either McKinney or Cave.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Cooper looks great against lefties and Headley does not. These lineup gaffs are really maddening.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Uh-oh, plus it's a shoulder. Didn't see this coming:

Mark Feinsand‏ @Feinsand 2m2 minutes ago
    The Yankees placed RHP Masahiro Tanaka on the 10-day DL (retro to 8/10) with right shoulder inflammation. RHP Giovanny Gallegos called up.
    あなたが望むものではありません。
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Bryan Hoch‏ @BryanHoch 1h1 hour ago
    Masahiro Tanaka told the Yankees that his arm feels tired. Nothing structural. They're essentially giving him a 10-day break.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Suspended

Hope this further prevents him opting out.

One problem about Montgomery will be the innings limit issue. The Yankees have maintained that they want to keep him near the 180 mark and that was one of the reasons for him being sent down. Of course those innings could have been paced at the ML level but that is a whole another issue. But if Tanaka is out for a month, how exactly do you keep Montgomery and his innings down? I would like to think that Mitchell could step up but inconsistency seems to be what he is best at. So does that mean a return to Cessa who has also struggled in that starters role?
    Not a problem. He's pitched 120.2 innings. With 9-10 more starts projected, he'll be under 180 unless he suddenly starts averaging 7 innings per start instead of the 5-6 he's been averaging.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Hope this further prevents him opting out.
    that's what I'm thinking. If he doesn't opt out, and figures out what his problems were this year, that would be huge for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Not a problem. He's pitched 120.2 innings. With 9-10 more starts projected, he'll be under 180 unless he suddenly starts averaging 7 innings per start instead of the 5-6 he's been averaging.
    Exactly - been preaching this for weeks. I find it fascinating that so many people are quick to drink the Yankee PR Kool Aid when very simple math shows what a fallacy the innings issue is.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

You can't make this stuff up.

Ken Rosenthal‏ @Ken_Rosenthal 4m4 minutes ago
    Jordan Montgomery, tomorrow's starting pitcher for #Yankees, was struck by ball on right side of head while signing autographs during BP.

Montgomery stayed on #Yankees' bench for a few minutes holding a towel to his head, then went into clubhouse. Awaiting update.

NYYF Legend

Meredith Marakovits @M_Marakovits 11m11 minutes ago
    Jordan Montgomery was smoked in the right side of the head by a foul ball while signing autographs during Red Sox BP #yankees

Suspended

This is like that Simpsons episode when Mr. Burns hires a team of ringers.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Billy Witz‏ @billywitz 10m10 minutes ago

According to witness, Jordan Montgomery was hit in rt side of head by a ball during BP while signing autographs, Had to be helped off field.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Jordan Montgomery, tomorrow's starting pitcher for #Yankees, was struck by ball on right side of head while signing autographs during BP.

Montgomery stayed on #Yankees' bench for a few minutes holding a towel to his head, then went into clubhouse. Awaiting update.
    YES just had a clip of it and M squared said that Sandy Leon hit the ball.

STFU

what the hell is going on!?

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    This is like that Simpsons episode when Mr. Burns hires a team of ringers.
    I wonder which player will get hooked on nerve tonic and end up with gigantism like Ken Griffey, Jr. HatB_-_Ken_Griffey_Jr's_misfortune.png

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    STFU

Just saw it on FOX.

Seriously. You expect injuries - but this freak stuff it has to stop at some point doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Just saw it on FOX.

Seriously. You expect injuries - but this freak stuff it has to stop at some point doesn't it?
    Just saw it as well. There was even a net to block things like that happening, and it still happened.

How unlucky can we be? lol

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Bryan Hoch‏Verified account @BryanHoch 33s34 seconds ago

Good sign: Jordan Montgomery is in the Yankees dugout.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Folks keep dropping the names of Machado and Harper as possible free agent acquisitions but I would be flabbergasted if the Yankees committed to the number of years and dollars it will take to sign either of them.
    I was only adding Machado's name as a possiblilty and another reason Todd Frazier won't get a contract from us. My guess is Torres will be our third baseman .

STFU

I wonder if Jobu needs a refill...
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Winning the series isn't looking to great right now. Hopefully we can sneak one out tomorrow night.

The big thing that we need to do right now is take care of the Mets this next week. No reason for us to not take at least 3 after the Mets gave away everyone.

NYYF Legend

Winning the series isn't looking to great right now. Hopefully we can sneak one out tomorrow night.

The big thing that we need to do right now is take care of the Mets this next week. No reason for us to not take at least 3 after the Mets gave away everyone.
    Except the Yankees can't seem to do anything against bad teams. Toronto, Oakland, Detroit all bad teams that the Yankees have lost to this season.

Thread Information