+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 432 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 417 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 10800

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    What about the information we all have? Like when Player X has 6 hits in 2 days and then rests on the third day, just cuz it was predetermined that he would? I mean, it doesn't get more idiotic than that.
    I actually agree and would like to see him be more flexible in this regard. That doesn't mean I totally reject the notion that having predetermined days off has no benefit nor do I ignore the fact that there are factors that we have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Guys, Girardi has a degree from Northwestern State Universities. He is smarter than us, guysm.
    He went to Northwestern in Illinois not Northwestern State which is in Louisiana. Kinda proves the point you were trying to mock.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    He went to Northwestern in Illinois not Northwestern State which is in Louisiana. Kinda proves the point you were trying to mock.
    Guys, this guy "Bronxireland" not understanding sarcasm, guysm.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Do all of you who trash the lineups daily actually take a look at matchups and splits? If you don't you are making criticism without even taking into account the information that is actually available to you and the manager. Or are you simply looking at lefty/righty and what the player(s) sitting did the last couple of games.

Guys, this guy "Bronxireland" not understanding sarcasm, guysm.
    I get the sarcasm. Hence my acknowledgment that you are "mocking". It just falls flat.

I laugh every time his engineering degree is brought up. No doubt he's smart, but to be cliche book smarts doesn't equal street smarts. Engineering is built around physics and math, which are rigid disciplines; in fact this may be a large contributor to the binder, his formulaic approach to managing the game, and his stubborness.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I am reminded of Canó in his early days. He hit just fine at the bottom of the order, and every time he got moved up, production would plummet. He also ran near 0fer with RISP. He eventually got over both, but it was real for quite a while.

ymike may be on to something.

A quick look at Canó's rookie 2005 shows he batted 89 OPS+ at #2 in 56 games and 174 OPS+ at #9 in 51 games. No logic, but it happened.
    I remember Cano had the same problems his rookie year. Not everything is just stats. These guys are human. Not saying Judge won't become a great number two guy eventually but he is not now.

NYYF HOF

Out of the Yankees last 7 games that took at least 4:00 for 9 innings, 6 were against Boston. The other one was when we fought at Detroit. The Yankees' eighth most recent game that took at least 4:00 for 9 innings was when we became the first team to hit three grand slams hosting Oakland on August 25, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    ...beaten by the likes of Adeiny Hechavarria who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That was the 20th HR OF HIS 5-YEAR CAREER. He now has 5% of his HRs against us.
    To piggy-back on this, Kevin Kiermaier now has 6 HRs vs current Yankee pitchers. He has 45 CAREER HOMERUNS in 4 seasons. He plays in the division so he's going to see the Yankees a lot and, yes, short porch and all, but that's 2 at Citifield now. He's a decent bat but...come on, man.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Legend

So much misinformation after reading the last 2 pages of this thread. Every manager plays his backup catcher the day game after a night game. The DH allows Sanchez's bat this stay in the lineup. Unreal.

But I am not letting Girardi off the hook for his quick hook of Garcia. Was Garcia visably upset?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Guys, Michael Kay Show criticizing Girardis for not pinch hitting for Romaine in the 8th inning. This guy Michael Kay Show not realizing that Girardis went to Northwestern State and has access to "iNsider information", guys. Holliday and Judge are likely "under the weathers" or "needing rests", guysm.

Guys, Michael Kay Show criticizing Girardis for not pinch hitting for Romaine in the 8th inning. This guy Michael Kay Show not realizing that Girardis went to Northwestern State and has access to "iNsider information", guys. Holliday and Judge are likely "under the weathers" or "needing rests", guysm.
    Alright we get it.

/sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Alright we get it.

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    So much misinformation after reading the last 2 pages of this thread. Every manager plays his backup catcher the day game after a night game. The DH allows Sanchez's bat this stay in the lineup. Unreal.

But I am not letting Girardi off the hook for his quick hook of Garcia. Was Garcia visably upset?
    Agreed it's unreal how he takes grenades around here for just about everything.

I didn't watch today but I respect and appreciate that Girardi doesn't concern himself with who gets the win when pitchers dick around like Montgomery did on Sunday.

NYYF Legend

Alright we get it.

Guys, this guy "KayForPresident" is collecting "pieces of vinyl", guysm?

NYYF Legend

This forum is full of broken records. It is so easy now to predict which 5 frequent posters will blow a head gasket on a daily basis after one of Girardi's moves.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF HOF

Today was the longest Yankee game with 9 or fewer innings and 5 or fewer runs since a 3-1 loss hosting Detroit on August 16, 2010. That was 1,161 games ago.

Took the day of and went to today's game. $25 bucks for field infield seats. Can't beat that.
    I noticed that Citi plays louder than YS, considering they only sold and filled field level seats.

Food is much better here too. No Shake Shack this time but we got Fuku and Arincini (Italian rice balls). Fuku was OK, Arincini was amazing (it's next to Fuku). Yankee Stadium can't hold a candle to CF's offerings.

I watched (or should I say survived) through the entire game. In the flow of that game, I personally felt that was the right move. It was 3-1 at the time, Garcia had 2 outs and a 2-2 count to Duda. Unfortunately Duda went the other way with a pitch, and with Yankee killer Longoria due up, it just felt right to get Superman aka Chad Green in to put out any potential fire. Garcia's numbers 3rd time through an order are bad.

Garcia wouldn't even look at Girardi as he left the mound and you could lip read him muttering some things as he was walking back to the dugout. I think once Chad Green got Longoria to end the inning, Girardi had some words w/ Garcia in the dugout, though I didn't have my volume on so I'm not sure if it was reported what was said was positive or negatively toned.

So we all are Oakland, San Deigo, and Houston fans tonight right?

This forum is full of broken records. It is so easy now to predict which 5 frequent posters will blow a head gasket on a daily basis after one of Girardi's moves.
    In fairness, it is also super easy to predict the same 3-5 posters who will defend the Yankees no matter what they do. This is not directed at you, btw. I am just recognizing that you are correct, but that there is another side to it.

Neither extreme side of this equation is accurate and reality exists somewhere in the middle.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Fuku
    No need for that.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    In fairness, it is also super easy to predict the same 3-5 posters who will defend the Yankees no matter what they do. This is not directed at you, btw. I am just recognizing that you are correct, but that there is another side to it.

Neither extreme side of this equation is accurate and reality exists somewhere in the middle.
    I agree and disagree. I'm one of those who thinks Girardi is a good manager and point out when he's getting irrational criticism. For example the reaction to him DHing Sanchez today. I also point out when I disagree with him.

I'd like to see more Bird and Austin. I don't act like using the alternative in Frazier is an act of lunacy. I think he's made some mistakes in the bullpen but can understand his thinking even when I disagree. I think he rest players too much from time to time but don't think he belongs in A ball when he does it. I think those of us who support him are simply blown away by how absurd the constant criticism is not to mention the hybernole attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    No need for that.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ukudko01.shtml
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

NYYF Legend

So just tell me why with the entire bench available Joe did not pinch hit for C.Frazier in the eighth.

Thread Information