+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 433 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 416 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 10801

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It does not matter what we think.
    I just think...

/sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    And so can the Yankees.

They just keep ripping our hearts out. Every time you think they're about to get over the hump they go and lose a 2-1 game or something, this time beaten by the likes of Adeiny Hechavarria who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That was the 20th HR OF HIS 5-YEAR CAREER. He now has 5% of his HRs against us.
    Very frustrating.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    And so can the Yankees.

They just keep ripping our hearts out. Every time you think they're about to get over the hump they go and lose a 2-1 game or something, this time beaten by the likes of Adeiny Hechavarria who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That was the 20th HR OF HIS 5-YEAR CAREER. He now has 5% of his HRs against us.
    Rays have used mine different relievers in this series and Yankees have gotten just two singles off them. It's really mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Judge and Holliday sitting today. Both Fraziers playing.

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/907969669344178178
    Fighting for a pennant with less than 20 games remaining in the season, and Girardi once again resting key hitters so he can shoehorn inferior talent such as Romine and Ellsbury into the lineup.

This is what you play for all season, for this time of year. They have all winter to rest.
    Girardi is completely out of touch with the situation...
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Hechavarria has four hits in this series. Three less than Yankees team has so far.

NYYF Legend

Angry Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Fighting for a pennant with less than 20 games remaining in the season, and Girardi once again resting key hitters so he can shoehorn inferior talent such as Romine and Ellsbury into the lineup.

This is what you play for all season, for this time of year. They have all winter to rest.
    Girardi is completely out of touch with the situation...
    Day game after a night game so Romine must catch and Sanchez DH. But you Could play Holliday at first and Headley at third. But of course that would mean benching Todd and that .210 average.

I

Day game after a night game so Romine must catch and Sanchez DH. But you Could play Holliday at first and Headley at third. But of course that would mean benching Todd and that .210 average.
    Sanchez is 24 years old. He can occasionally catch a day game after a night game. Especially when a pennant is on the line. You think Johnny Bench, Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Pudge Rodriguez and other great catchers routinely sat after a night game?

This is just an excuse for Girardi to get Romine into the lineup, no matter how much his bat hamstrings this team.

Rays have used mine different relievers in this series and Yankees have gotten just two singles off them. It's really mind boggling.
    You have watched a lot of Yankee baseball over the years. Is it my just my impression that this team's collective hitting is extraordinarily hot and cold, or do you agree that this is more than the usual baseball streakiness?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Sanchez is 24 years old. He can occasionally catch a day game after a night game. Especially when a pennant is on the line. You think Johnny Bench, Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Pudge Rodriguez and other great catchers routinely sat after a night game?

This is just an excuse for Girardi to get Romine into the lineup, no matter how much his bat hamstrings this team.
    I would have had Sanchez catch today but Joe does not believe in it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    You have watched a lot of Yankee baseball over the years. Is it my just my impression that this team's collective hitting is extraordinarily hot and cold, or do you agree that this is more than the usual baseball streakiness?
    I would say a little more than the usual streakiness. Does not help that the lineup changes daily because we have to rest players for no reason every game. Before last night Didi was 8-19. What possible benefit was there sitting him last night? Meanwhile Castro is 0-14 but stays in the order. Not saying I would sit Castro either but sitting guys when they are hot is ridiculous.

I can at least somewhat understand DHing sanchez but i don't like seeing Judge sit. The resting of starters is ridculous right now.

NYYF Legend

You tired.

You fired.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

I

Significant defensive downgrade and not even an offensive upgrade. Since Holliday has come off the DL he has a .346 OBP and .846 OPS. In that same time, Todd has a .379 OBP and 1.031 OPS. Frazier is a better all around player than Holliday and it's not even really that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I can at least somewhat understand DHing sanchez but i don't like seeing Judge sit. The resting of starters is ridculous right now.
    Playing Sanchez at DH so Romine can catch is arguably the reason why Judge is sitting.

If they wanted to give Judge a break, let him DH, with Sanchez catching and Clint Frazier in RF.

Foolish move by Girardi - especially with Garcia pitching today. Yanks will need all the runs they can get.

NYYF Legend

I would say a little more than the usual streakiness. Does not help that the lineup changes daily because we have to rest players for no reason every game. Before last night Didi was 8-19. What possible benefit was there sitting him last night? Meanwhile Castro is 0-14 but stays in the order. Not saying I would sit Castro either but sitting guys when they are hot is ridiculous.
    Guys, Girardi has "insider iNformation" that the rest of us don't know about, guysm. "Didi" Gregarious is probably feeling "under the weathers" guysm.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

I would have had Sanchez catch today but Joe does not believe in it.

Neither does 90% of baseball management.

Really enjoying today's lineup meltdown on the board. My favorite highlights...

-Girardi getting excoriated for the practice of sitting his starting catcher in a day game after a night game despite the fact its exactly how the vast majority of baseball handles it.

-Somehow Sanchez and his league leading passed balls is a major defensive improvement vs. Romine.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Guys, Girardi has "insider iNformation" that the rest of us don't know about, guysm. "Didi" Gregarious is probably feeling "under the weathers" guysm.

Are you somehow suggesting that the manager doesn't have inside information that impacts his lineup decisions? I mean does the absurdity have no end?

NYYF Legend

It has been widely reported that Girardi informs his players days in advance as to when their scheduled rest days will be. So saying a player might be under the weather is in most cases not true.

It has been widely reported that Girardi informs his players days in advance as to when their scheduled rest days will be. So saying a player might be under the weather is in most cases not true.
    These issues are not mutually exclusive. He can both schedule days off in advance and be privy to information daily that impacts the lineup.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    Really enjoying today's lineup meltdown on the board. My favorite highlights...

-Girardi getting excoriated for the practice of sitting his starting catcher in a day game after a night game despite the fact its exactly how the vast majority of baseball handles it.

-Somehow Sanchez and his league leading passed balls is a major defensive improvement vs. Romine.
    Does the vast majority of baseball management rest regulars in the lineup almost every game like Joe does?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    These issues are not mutually exclusive. He can both schedule days off in advance and be privy to information daily that impacts the lineup.
    What about the information we all have? Like when Player X has 6 hits in 2 days and then rests on the third day, just cuz it was predetermined that he would? I mean, it doesn't get more idiotic than that.

It does not matter what we think. I just think Judge puts more pressure on himself when he bats at the top of the order.
    I am reminded of Canó in his early days. He hit just fine at the bottom of the order, and every time he got moved up, production would plummet. He also ran near 0fer with RISP. He eventually got over both, but it was real for quite a while.

ymike may be on to something.

A quick look at Canó's rookie 2005 shows he batted 89 OPS+ at #2 in 56 games and 174 OPS+ at #9 in 51 games. No logic, but it happened.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Cy Young

In response to Rajah - inconsistency play. I am not happy with Castro but he's 389 and Ells 500 with the matchups. We should be playing Sanchez and I agree in having Headley at 3rd and Holliday at 1st. Yesterday it was a lefty so Didi and Ells did not play - were you surprise? Ells has been batting around 400 since Hicks went down.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    What about the information we all have? Like when Player X has 6 hits in 2 days and then rests on the third day, just cuz it was predetermined that he would? I mean, it doesn't get more idiotic than that.
    Guys, Girardi has a degree from Northwestern State Universities. He is smarter than us, guysm.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information