+ Reply to Thread
Page 405 of 436 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,125 of 10899

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    At this point playing for home field advantage at wild card game may be a more realistic goal.
    I have already conceded the division to the Sawx. They've 2 games left against Oakland, 3 against Cincinnati, and 3 against Toronto. Even if we get hot, don't see them going cold enough when they have 8 games left against these juggernauts.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    I have already conceded the division to the Sawx. They've 2 games left against Oakland, 3 against Cincinnati, and 3 against Toronto. Even if we get hot, don't see them going cold enough when they have 8 games left against these juggernauts.
    Definitely a tall task at this point. 4 games with 18 to go. Who knows though, maybe they have a Dodgers-esqe collapse.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    people ahve been saying Tanaka should be on 6 days rest all season but now its a bad thing
    When Garcia pitches on the 5th day, its a bad thing. They wont say it but the Yankees are just playing for the WC
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

They also have three more with the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    They also have three more with the Rays.
    At least they'll miss Archer. The bad news is that we'll face him tomorrow.

Forum Regular

For me, the bad news is Garcia pitching for us. When we have to use the bullpen for 5 innings, that is bad. Does he even had a start thru 6 innings? Can't remember.

NYYF Legend

But Sox will face Cobb. Who beat them last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    For me, the bad news is Garcia pitching for us. When we have to use the bullpen for 5 innings, that is bad. Does he even had a start thru 6 innings? Can't remember.
    Longest start for us was 5.2 innings

Wink Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

But Sox will face Cobb. Who beat them last Sunday.
    True. However, the Sox will counter with their worst pitcher in Porcello. It's like starting your 5 against Kluber. You're expecting to lose that game anyways, so might as well save your bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by tkl View Post
    Archer, unsurprisingly, owns us. At least the pen will be well rested thanks to Sonny.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Cincinnati at home is no joke. That park is hitter friendly AF and they have much more power than the Sox. I could see the Reds stealing 2 from them.

I could also see a Sox sweep too, but that series isn't a given.

The next two wins against the A's are.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carpi View Post
    Yep, it looks like he's back

I am not yet convinced. I do not see the high "swing-and-miss" stuff he had his entire career until 2017.

Judge hit two homers on Sunday. Joe moves him back to the two spot. No hits since.
    In all fairness, Judge has by far the best OBP on the team, and traditionally, your best OBP hitters will bat in the top third of your lineup.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Make the Yankees great again!!

Judge hit two homers on Sunday. Joe moves him back to the two spot. No hits since.

You fail to even consider that Tampa has better pitching than Texas. Baseball 101, the opposing pitcher has a lot more impact on the success/failure of hitters than where they are batting in the order.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    You fail to even consider that Tampa has better pitching than Texas. Baseball 101, the opposing pitcher has a lot more impact on the success/failure of hitters than where they are batting in the order.
    And Judge's slump started when he was moved to the number two spot. He is a rookie. Isen't it just possible that mentally he can't handle the two spot right now.

NYYF Legend

Archer, unsurprisingly, owns us. At least the pen will be well rested thanks to Sonny.
    Tanaka would give us a better chance to win against Archer. I could understand if they wanted to skip Monty's spot and pitch Garcia instead but why push Tanaka back now.

Tanaka would give us a better chance to win against Archer. I could understand if they wanted to skip Monty's spot and pitch Garcia instead but why push Tanaka back now.
    The resting players thing is becoming a joke. These guys get more days off than I do at my job. At this point, the hope is going to rest on Severino to win a WC game.

I will never concede but I did make the case that they needed to sweep the 4-gamer vs the Sox in order to have a legit shot at the division. That one loss was a two-game swing which is a lot with ~25 games to play (at the time). We'd have to see a major winning streak to get us over the hump. Even winning every series probably won't be enough unless the Sox really tank. Neither team is good enough or bad enough for things to change, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    In all fairness, Judge has by far the best OBP on the team, and traditionally, your best OBP hitters will bat in the top third of your lineup.
    This.

And Judge's slump started when he was moved to the number two spot. He is a rookie. Isen't it just possible that mentally he can't handle the two spot right now.
    Meh, I don't know. He's been in every spot from 2-6. Do you think it matters all that much at this point?
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Legend

No time left. Fangraphs has it. Bombers have a 7% chance to take the division. That is updated from last night. Sounds right to me.

On the bright side, 97.3% chance to make the postseason!

https://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Right, and I like a high OBP in 1,2 spots. It's the walks.... I see that and we got the ONLY run because of it, yesterday. It's the SOs with LOB that bother me and I honestly feel his shoulder is not 100% and he compensating by swinging more. TB used about 5 pitchers yesterday and nobody could hit. Seems to me our offense takes the day off when Gray is pitching (and I like him). I still think BoSox can tank - look at the Dodgers.

NYYF Legend

Judge and Holliday sitting today. Both Fraziers playing.

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/907969669344178178

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I still think BoSox can tank - look at the Dodgers.
    Yes, the Dodgers . . .

And the Astros too. Just dropped 4 out of 5, and have been 4 games under .500 over the past 7 weeks as well with 2 other 5-game losing streaks in that run.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Judge and Holliday sitting today. Both Fraziers playing.

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/907969669344178178
    Yes, keep resting two regulars every game and wonder why the offense disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I still think BoSox can tank - look at the Dodgers.

And so can the Yankees.

They just keep ripping our hearts out. Every time you think they're about to get over the hump they go and lose a 2-1 game or something, this time beaten by the likes of Adeiny Hechavarria who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That was the 20th HR OF HIS 5-YEAR CAREER. He now has 5% of his HRs against us.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    I will never concede but I did make the case that they needed to sweep the 4-gamer vs the Sox in order to have a legit shot at the division. That one loss was a two-game swing which is a lot with ~25 games to play (at the time). We'd have to see a major winning streak to get us over the hump. Even winning every series probably won't be enough unless the Sox really tank. Neither team is good enough or bad enough for things to change, IMO.

This.

Meh, I don't know. He's been in every spot from 2-6. Do you think it matters all that much at this point?
    It does not matter what we think. I just think Judge puts more pressure on himself when he bats at the top of the order.

Thread Information