+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 432 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 10800

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JOBA RULES View Post
    Todd Frazier has not been good here. When Carter used to hit the occasional homer I didn't see people with posts like this.

IIRC He's hitting under .200 with RISP, and has went through some horrendous stretches.

Sox game I went to he had 2 errors that lead to Benny bombs. Lets not make this guy out like he's been great here ughkay?
    Carter hit .201/.284/.370 (70 OPS+) for the Yankees with 8 homers in 62 games.
    Frazier is hitting .216/.354/.405 (99 OPS+) for the Yankees with 8 homers in 49 games.

He hasn't been good by any stretch of the imagination, but he's been a significant upgrade over Carter. OBP is very good. Just needs to hit for some more power, which we know he's capable of.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Frazier is hitting .216/.354/.405 (99 OPS+) for the Yankees with 8 homers in 49 games.

He hasn't been good by any stretch of the imagination, but he's been a significant upgrade over Carter. OBP is very good. Just needs to hit for some more power, which we know he's capable of.
    Not disputing that Frazier a little better than Carter but Headley has batted better than Frazier. So the question really is are we better off with Frazier at third over Headley?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post

Frazier at 3rd and Headley at 1B has significantly improved the defense over Headley at 3rd and Carter at 1B.

Addicted Member

Notwithstanding the stats, Frazier just seems to be a very effusive, positive person and adds to the chemistry of the team. Carter, on the other hand was a dour guy who never seemed to care if he or the team did good or bad. Frazier is a jolt of electricity and Carter was a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by don4yanks View Post
    Notwithstanding the stats, Frazier just seems to be a very effusive, positive person and adds to the chemistry of the team. Carter, on the other hand was a dour guy who never seemed to care if he or the team did good or bad. Frazier is a jolt of electricity and Carter was a corpse.
    There is no doubt Girardi and Cashman appreciate what Frazier brings to the team in terms of attitude, energy and leadership. They clearly feel the same about Headley. In fairness to Carter he didn't have much to be happy about. He did seem to be a low energy guy.

By the way does Girardi get any credit from the haters for sticking with Headley despite his prolonged slump? Not for what I can see. Instead he gets blamed for having the audacity to not play Headley and Bird over Frazier. Such a selective group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    There is no doubt Girardi and Cashman appreciate what Frazier brings to the team in terms of attitude, energy and leadership. They clearly feel the same about Headley. In fairness to Carter he didn't have much to be happy about. He did seem to be a low energy guy.

By the way does Girardi get any credit from the haters for sticking with Headley despite his prolonged slump? Not for what I can see. Instead he gets blamed for having the audacity to not play Headley and Bird over Frazier. Such a selective group.
    Honestly, I think it's because some fans have become overly stat-conscious. I understand that it's a numbers game but these guys are human. You have to watch them play with your eyes to fully understand who they are as players.

I don't remember if I've said this here or not but I may have - somewhere I have a picture of my TV screen from the 2012 ALDS when the Yankees played the Orioles. In it you'll see Robinson Cano after just having struck out on 4 pitches. The pitch chart on the side shows 3 or maybe even all 4 of the pitches out of the strike zone. That guy, to me, never came up big in big spots. I'm sure he dwarfs Castro in most statistical categories but I would rather have Castro up with the game on the line in the postseason. He just seems like a gamer to me.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Lineup for tonight's game:

GARDNER CF
    JUDGE RF
    SANCHEZ C
    HOLLIDAY DH
    CASTRO 2B
    HEADLEY 1B
    FRAZIER, T. 3B
    TORREYES SS
    FRAZIER, C. LF

GRAY P

Gregorius & Ellsbury get a day off against the pesky lefty Snell, and we have a Clint Frazier sighting. Go Yankees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxirish View Post
    Of course not. He's the worst player in baseball remember?
    I thought Torreyes was the worst player in baseball. Or, was it Romine? It's so hard to keep track.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Boy I sure wish the teams the Yankees play would rest some of their regulars like Joe does every game.

NYYF Legend

I understand giving Didi a day off because a lefty is in, but I wish the day off would come when a GB-dominant pitcher isn't on the mound for us.

On a different note, is Aroldis Chapman back to his best? Last few outings have been great and he could be a big factor in a tight WC game.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieYank View Post
    On a different note, is Aroldis Chapman back to his best? Last few outings have been great and he could be a big factor in a tight WC game.
    Yep, it looks like he's back

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post
    Lineup for tonight's game:

GARDNER CF
    JUDGE RF
    SANCHEZ C
    HOLLIDAY DH
    CASTRO 2B
    HEADLEY 1B
    FRAZIER, T. 3B
    TORREYES SS
    FRAZIER, C. LF

GRAY P

Gregorius & Ellsbury get a day off against the pesky lefty Snell, and we have a Clint Frazier sighting. Go Yankees!!!
    Not surprised. I hope Judge does well tonight. I always wanted Judge lower because his LOB and like the highest OBP at 2. (IMO 4 to 2 was better for Judge) I think we saw one game Judge was in the 6th and he hit 2 HRs, nice. I feel the middle is better for Judge. Then Joe moves him back to 2 and 2 SOs. Now he back at 2 tonight. I actually would have rested Judge with Clint and played both Ells and Didi.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Boy I sure wish the teams the Yankees play would rest some of their regulars like Joe does every game.
    Yeah, funny how the teams we play always seem to have their best players in the lineup.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Yeah, funny how the teams we play always seem to have their best players in the lineup.
    I'd settle for having the best players in our lineups.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

This team is not a legitimate contender with this offense. They get shut down far too much. Not acceptable with the talent on this team.

Yankees lose.

Cue the "World is ending!" posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    This team is not a legitimate contender with this offense. They get shut down far too much. Not acceptable with the talent on this team.
    The talent on offense is vastly overrated. Too many guys having career years early on gave many people a false sense of delusion. They've since came back down to earth and so has the Yankee offense.

Well ya know, we're resting them for the stretch run.... oh... that's right, we're in the stretch run.

Interesting moves by the skipper to say the least. If we're not going balls to the wall with the best we got now, then what exactly are we waiting for? 2018?

NYYF Legend

Judge hit two homers on Sunday. Joe moves him back to the two spot. No hits since.

Judge hit two homers on Sunday. Joe moves him back to the two spot. No hits since.
    I do think he is better served for the 5th/6th spot

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I do think he is better served for the 5th/6th spot
    Unfortunately Joe does not think so.

NYYF Legend

At this point playing for home field advantage at wild card game may be a more realistic goal.

NYYF Legend

And tomorrow we get to see Garcia on two weeks rest instead of Tanaka. But no urgency to our season.

And tomorrow we get to see Garcia on two weeks rest instead of Tanaka. But no urgency to our season.
    people ahve been saying Tanaka should be on 6 days rest all season but now its a bad thing

Thread Information