+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 450 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 367 407 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 11233

Re: 2017 Official Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Everything you've said about this matchup is true. I'd add to what you said about Boston's hot streak that they've actually won 12 of 14. The off day also helps in that all of their relievers are good to go.

If I'm a Sox fan, the one thing I feel cautious about is the fact that it's hard for any pitcher to be as effective facing the same lineup for the 2nd time in a week. If the Sox' starters can do that, it will say a lot about them. If the Yankees can get to either Pomerania or Sale, they can win one of those games. Fister is scheduled to go against Gray on Sunday and didn't face the Yankees last week. But he's been terrible this year and can certainly be beaten. The Yankees should win one this weekend and can certainly take 2 out of 3. But it's baseball, so who knows?

I think this series will be decided in the bullpen.
    That is why I said 1 out of 3 for the Yankees is my expectation. As Cleveland showed, Sale can have an off day. But NY will be heavy underdogs tonight and tomorrow, with the game on Sunday one I expect NY to win, but as you said, and I most certainly agree, it's baseball, so who knows?

NYYF Legend

So how long does Montgomery have to pitch here until Sanchez is allowed to catch him? Severino pitched a pretty good game last night with Gary catching him.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So how long does Montgomery have to pitch here until Sanchez is allowed to catch him? Severino pitched a pretty good game last night with Gary catching him.

The only way this is an issue is if Montgomery is going to pitch in the playoffs. Otherwise why upset the apple cart when you have to give Sanchez days off anyway? If Montgomery continues to emerge and Tanaka and Sabathia continue to have trouble you have to force the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Wasn't in reference to Mitchell as a human being - I don't even know the man.

My comments were purely in reference to his abilities as a major league pitcher, which I thought was rather obvious considering:

A) I specifically talked about his pitching performance and nothing else
    B) this is a baseball discussion forum...
    Well, I do not know what work you do or how well you do it. But I suspect you would be very offended if someone referred to your work as "total garbage." Indeed, I suspect you would be offended if someone referred to your posts on this forum as "total garbage," something I am definitely not doing, by the way.

I know you have very strong opinions and are not shy about repeatedly expressing them. That is fine. I like to ventilate here sometimes myself. But I still wish you and others could do so without that kind of insulting language.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Well, I do not know what work you do or how well you do it. But I suspect you would be very offended if someone referred to your work as "total garbage." Indeed, I suspect you would be offended if someone referred to your posts on this forum as "total garbage," something I am definitely not doing, by the way.

I know you have very strong opinions and are not shy about repeatedly expressing them. That is fine. I like to ventilate here sometimes myself. But I still wish you and others could do so without that kind of insulting language.
    I doubt very much that Bryan Mitchell is reading these boards, losing sleep over what some dude with the moniker of "Zimmers' Helmet" thinks of his pitching.

And no, I'm not going to start letting this politically correct, snowflake mentality affect my posting style. If someone needs to go running to their safe space after reading one of my posts, that's their problem - not mine.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Green and Torreyes have been our "silent MVP's".
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Never easy

The pen has been killing us.

Again. How obvious does it have to be when your pitcher is missing? You have Robertson and Betances in the pen and you leave Kahnle in that spot, in the most important game of the year. Girardi should be gone before the end of the commercial break.

Using Mitchell's garbage ass last night came back to bite them after all.

So are we're supposed to bash the Sox FO and declare ours to be superior.....again?

Yanks don't have a home field advantage anymore. Red Sox do
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

NYYF Legend

Shut down bullpen, guysm!
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Shut down bullpen, guysm!
    Shut down TV!

Depressing loss with Sale going tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Yanks don't have a home field advantage anymore. Red Sox do
    I wouldn't say that

We could as easily be 1 game back as 5 games back. Absurd

Wild card it is I guess

So many goats tonight it would be hard to pick who was the biggest-- Girardi, Judge, Kahnle. Chapman, or Green? No way do I allow Kahnle to face Benintendi tonight. Or Moreland. Lefties batting close to .300 against Kahnle. Benintendi had the big hit off Kahnle last week. Is Girardi REALLY that stupid? No need to answer that.
    And no way I let Romine hit in the 9th.

Yankees left 14 runners on base. 1-11 with RISP. Judge up twice with bases loaded, second time with 1 out. NOTHING!!! Then the announcer gives the statistic of how many Boston hits came with 2 strikes.

Yesterday I said it would take a miracle for the Yankees to win 2 of 3 and they got that miracle when Pomeranz had to leave the game. What a time for the bullpen to implode.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay1123 View Post
    We could as easily be 1 game back as 5 games back. Absurd

Wild card it is I guess
    I still won't concede the division. The 4 game series in NY at the end of the month will be the time where I will reevaluate the division. Plus, Bird/Castro should both be back by then and contributing.

Who knows, maybe we sneak out a win tomorrow and blow out the Sox on Sunday. Offense seems to be waking up a bit so thats encouraging.

Devoted Member

Is there a single player on this team that you feel confident about with the game on the line? Or a clutch situation?

Maybe Didi.

Other than that, no one offensively. It a single pitcher either. I thought Severino until his outing against Boston last week after a huge win at home.

This team is devoid of guys who've done it before, or can get it done in jig situations. Any future trades or signings should be of guys that have done it before.

We added guys like Cone, Raines, etc. to a team that lacked it.

Also, when the heck are Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi going to be held accountable for constant failures?

Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post

Also, when the heck are Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi going to be held accountable for constant failures?
    Cashman has done a great job turning this team around. Compare this team to the 2015 team and tell me Cashman hasn't done a good job.

As far as Girardi, I will always put more of the blame on the players. Is Girardi at fault for Green walking JBJ on 4 pitches? What about Kahnle not able to get 2 outs with a 3 run lead and end up down 7-6? How is that possibly Girardi's fault?

I'm not a big fan of Girardi, but I don't understand why so many baseball fans put the blame on the coaches. IMO, out of the 3 big sports, baseball managers have the smallest impact on a team.

NYYF Legend

Games like tonight and last Sunday night's, sure feel like dagger to the heart games. Here this team is, fighting to get back into the AL East division lead, playing against the team winning that division, and it just blows two games back to back. And with tonight's absolute brutal loss, the team gets a Chris Sale sighting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    I still won't concede the division. The 4 game series in NY at the end of the month will be the time where I will reevaluate the division. Plus, Bird/Castro should both be back by then and contributing.

Who knows, maybe we sneak out a win tomorrow and blow out the Sox on Sunday. Offense seems to be waking up a bit so thats encouraging.
    Do you REALLY believe Sabathia will come out and shut down Boston? And Sale will have an off game? Gray vs Fister on Sunday looms large for the team.

The major plus for the Yankees is that they have 24 home games remaining and 17 on the road for the rest of the season, and 14 of the last 17 at home. That is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Games like tonight and last Sunday night's, sure feel like dagger to the heart games. Here this team is, fighting to get back into the AL East division lead, playing against the team winning that division, and it just blows two games back to back. And with tonight's absolute brutal loss, the team gets a Chris Sale sighting tomorrow.
    I had thought the same thing when we won last friday night from the Sox's perspective and then they won the next two and had a great week. Winning tomorrow would be a huge boost.

Thread Information