+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Binder Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I was one of the people advocating for German - not looking good right now.
    He was given a chance. He has to be put in a situation like that at some point. And really, granted it was on the road, but he started a clean inning. You just hope he learns from it and is better next time.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Sending German in there for the 8th was fine. You won't know what you have UNTIL you try him in high leverage. It didn't work out tonight. He was obviously uncomfortable.

Speaking of uncomfortable, Betances lost his mechanics, looked like he was having anxiety attacks (pacing the mound), and was wild as hell. And he's a veteran reliever.

Yankees aren't the only team in baseball that have volatile bullpen issues.

Devoted Member

I have issues with Girardi, but this roster is just incomplete right now. And the 1st 2 months only masked that. This team isn't going anywhere this year. We knew that.

We've got some really exciting youth, but we need more help, beyond Girardi.

NYYF Legend

Hard to believe but in the 8th and 9th tonight, the pen threw 58 pitches and only 26 pitches were strikes. At some point, the pen needs to step-up and do their job when the manager puts you in a position to do so.

NYYF Legend

Where was Shreve, Green and Webb. Were they all unavailable tonight too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Its embarrassing how far people reach with their hate for Girardi. There is some legitamite criticism for using German/Clippard, but no one should be complaining about him going to Betances.

Going to Betances was the right move but since it was his third consecutive game why was no one else up in the pen? He did not have it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    His 1bERA is off the charts.
    :

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Going to Betances was the right move but since it was his third consecutive game why was no one else up in the pen? He did not have it tonight.
    Yep. Joe would have been criticized for not using Betance last night in the ninth. I would have put someone in after the walk. I have a bigger problem with Clippard in the 8th but that's me. I feel Betances is tire (Joe uses him too much) and that's why he doesn't have better control of his FB.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Yep. Joe would have been criticized for not using Betance last night in the ninth. I would have put someone in after the walk. I have a bigger problem with Clippard in the 8th but that's me. I feel Betances is tire (Joe uses him too much) and that's why he doesn't have better control of his FB.
    Joe hasn't used Betances too much this year.

While it was his 3rd game in a row last night, he'd only thrown a total of 25 pitches in the 2 games before, combined. The night before he had only faced 2 batters.

Thread Information