+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 60 61 62 63
Results 1,551 to 1,568 of 1568

Re: 2017 Binder Performance Thread

I would argue that Kahnle should've started the sixth instead of allowing Garcia to pitch into trouble first.
    Bad manager.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Bringing in Gardner to bunt wasn't a good move either. That being said his bullpen moves were perfect and thats like 75% of his job.

So I agree in essence.
    It seemed odd, but I didn't really mind that move too much. It was key to move the runner over, and I doubt the Yankee pitchers have nearly as much practice bunting as an NL pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    It moved the pitchers spot back a couple of batters, which allowed Warren to go out for his 2nd inning.
    Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. So I officially have no complaints with the way he handled this game..And really they won, so it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    I would argue that Kahnle should've started the sixth instead of allowing Garcia to pitch into trouble first.
    I think not having Chapman and Betances played into that decision.

NYYF Legend

Had Ellsbury reached base in the eighth Joe was going to pinch hit for Warren and bring Mitchell in to pitch the eighth.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    I think two factors played into trying to squeeze another inning out of Garcia 1) The bullpen was shorth last night with no Betances and Chapman 2) Garcia's spot was due up the following inning. I give Joe credit for pulling him when he did.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I think two factors played into trying to squeeze another inning out of Garcia 1) The bullpen was shorth last night with no Betances and Chapman 2) Garcia's spot was due up the following inning. I give Joe credit for pulling him when he did.
    Probably if they were not playing NL rules Kahnle would have started the 6th. But Joe should have pulled Garcia after the walk. 5 of the previous 7 batters he faced before Conforto had reached base. He was gassed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    God I hate it. Cell phone changes everything I write and no way to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Go to your settings and disable autocorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Can we disable the Binder from playing Ellsbury?
    That would be autoincorrect.

Horrific job yet again of putting your best players on the field against Boston. Our ace misses them and Sanchez won't be catching at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Horrific job yet again of putting your best players on the field against Boston. Our ace misses them and Sanchez won't be catching at least one of them.
    He will likely be the DH and they arguably gain some defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    He will likely be the DH and they arguably gain some defense.
    As I said in the other thread, they don't gain defense and definitely lose offense. Romine is not a major league caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    As I said in the other thread, they don't gain defense and definitely lose offense. Romine is not a major league caliber player.
    Sanchez leads the world in passed balls. What "facts" are you using to base your statement on? Sanchez cannot catch every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Sanchez leads the world in passed balls. What "facts" are you using to base your statement on? Sanchez cannot catch every game.
    Look at advanced metrics. Look at stolen base rates. Look at literally any defensive stat besides passed balls.

His worst trait, and a he has a few, seems to be his lack of urgency. Sox had lined up Sale to face us right out of the break. Yet, Jaime Garcia is lined up to face the Sox and Indians rather than the Tigers and Jays. Betances was unavailable last night because he's coming in to mop up the mess by Mitchell the night prior against a cellar dweller. Romine starting the opener last night because he's now Montgomery's personal catcher based on cERA.

NYYF Legend

The Romine thing needs to stop.

Tyler Austin should have DH'd last nights game.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

11 months ago was the disaster in Fenway that effectively ended the Yankees season. Last night looked awfully like last September
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    11 months ago was the disaster in Fenway that effectively ended the Yankees season. Last night looked awfully like last September
    Unfortunately Green and Kahnle had a bad niight. But still only one run down when Joe goes to Chapman again. I believe Chapman has now given up 2 runs in four consecutive outings.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    His worst trait, and a he has a few, seems to be his lack of urgency. Sox had lined up Sale to face us right out of the break. Yet, Jaime Garcia is lined up to face the Sox and Indians rather than the Tigers and Jays. Betances was unavailable last night because he's coming in to mop up the mess by Mitchell the night prior against a cellar dweller. Romine starting the opener last night because he's now Montgomery's personal catcher based on cERA.
    Four games against Boston and Romine has now started three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    The Romine thing needs to stop.

Tyler Austin should have DH'd last nights game.
    Completely agree - this is the final stretch. Girardi should be playing our very best hitters every single game.

Thought the reason he was giving everyone off days throughout the season was to save them for this part of the season where every single game is critical.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Thread Information