+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Binder Performance Thread

Just putting this here. Castro batting 4th. Bird 6th.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

NYYF Legend

Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just putting this here. Castro batting 4th. Bird 6th.
    At least no Carter batting 4th. And apparently Romine is the regular catcher untill Gary comes back.

The Binder needs to go.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    The Binder needs to go.
    Yes right after a 4 game winning streak. The critiques on this thread are becoming comical now. At least explain why you feel he should be fired.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    And apparently Romine is the regular catcher untill Gary comes back.
    If Romine is, in any way, responsible for the Pineda and Severino peformances, I have no problem with this.
    Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Yes right after a 4 game winning streak. The critiques on this thread are becoming comical now. At least explain why you feel he should be fired.
    I agree which is why I rarely post in this thread anymore. That's not to say Joe should be immune from criticism, but as you stated many of the critiques in this thread are comical. Rest assured when Joe is gone the next manager will get the same treatment which is why I hope Mattingly never gets this job. It would painful to watch Mattingly get treated as poorly as Torre and Giradi have been by this fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I agree which is why I rarely post in this thread anymore. That's not to say Joe should be immune from criticism, but as you stated many of the critiques in this thread are comical. Rest assured when Joe is gone the next manager will get the same treatment which is why I hope Mattingly never gets this job. It would painful to watch Mattingly get treated as poorly as Torre and Giradi have been by this fan base.
    I have felt this way since Mattingly was the bench coach with NY.

NYYF Legend

I am waiting for the moans tonight when Hicks is starting.
    Posts in invisible key strokes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I am waiting for the moans tonight when Hicks is starting.
    I don't think anyone will complain if he starts over Gardner (who frankly, could probably use a few days to fully heal) or Ellsbury. The primary objection most of us have is when Hicks takes at bats away from Judge who is still developing at the MLB level.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I don't think anyone will complain if he starts over Gardner (who frankly, could probably use a few days to fully heal) or Ellsbury. The primary objection most of us have is when Hicks takes at bats away from Judge who is still developing at the MLB level.
    Hicks deserves to be in a rotation with Gardner and Ellsbury with all three splitting time. Judge can get a few days off this season. He should be playing almost everyday.

Judge is the future.
    Hicks could be the future, it remains to be seen.
    Brett and Jacoby are the past.

Despite the 2 HRs last night, I don't think Hicks is the right person for the 2 hole. I said that pre-game and stand by it. I'd like to see Headley there for the time being.

NYYF Legend

That's right. If Gardner not 100 per cent no one is going to complain if Hicks plays. We all just want to see Judge out there as much as possible .

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

really Joe?

Ellsbury cleanup tonight and no Hicks after he hits two HRs last night?

God forbid you play the hot hand.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    really Joe?

Ellsbury cleanup tonight and no Hicks after he hits two HRs last night?

God forbid you play the hot hand.
    You better abide by the holy binder, dude.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    You better abide by the holy binder, dude.
    I got that!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

It's possible for them to win and still disagree with Giradis moves. Just saying.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    It's possible for them to win and still disagree with Giradis moves. Just saying.
    He didn't disagree. He said he needs to go, which I presume means he wants him fired. Big difference. Just saying.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

He didn't disagree. He said he needs to go, which I presume means he wants him fired. Big difference. Just saying.
    While it is hard to argue for firing a manager, in any sport, when the teams winning; winning doesn't necessarily change some people's opinion on wanting said manager fired.

While I most certainly would celebrate his canning, I expect Joe to make it through the season.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

2 runners in scoring position late in the game with 2 outs and Torreyes due up. If you're not going to PH Carter in that situation then I don't understand why he is on this team.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF MVP

2 runners in scoring position late in the game with 2 outs and Torreyes due up. If you're not going to PH Carter in that situation then I don't understand why he is on this team.
    I'm sure the logic is that defense is more important than offense at that point in the game with a lead. Yes, Kozma was on the bench, but you could make the argument that bringing in a defensive replacement cold off the bench would be a liability if the guys are even in defensive talent.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    I'm sure the logic is that defense is more important than offense at that point in the game with a lead. Yes, Kozma was on the bench, but you could make the argument that bringing in a defensive replacement cold off the bench would be a liability if the guys are even in defensive talent.
    You could also make the argument that Torreyes is a good contact hitter, and Carter strikes out a lot. I didn't mind seeing the little fellow up in that situation.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    You could also make the argument that Torreyes is a good contact hitter, and Carter strikes out a lot. I didn't mind seeing the little fellow up in that situation.
    Good point. A single brings in 2 runs in that situation, so a home run was not needed. Carter is a low-contact, high-power hitter while Torreyes is a high-contact, low-power hitter. You can easily make the argument that Torreyes was more likely to bring in runs in that situation. If anything, the argument should have been for Hicks or Gardner, if he was able to handle one at bat.

2 outs, bottom of the 9th, down by a run with no one on... then you bring in Carter for Torreyes.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    the little fellow

Love this shot:
    Attached Images
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

This team is 6-4 without Sanchez and Gregorius in the lineup and with Bird doing absolutely nothing thus far. Our number one starter (Tanaka) has gotten off to a rocky start. Holliday has cooled off (pretty much in time of our winning streak) and Carter has been what we expected - not much.

Starlin Castro has been a strong offensive force - that same guy that everyone has been trying to dump because he doesn't walk and can't field the position. No one will confuse Castro with Robinson Cano defensively, but his hitting in key situations has more than made up for his defensive lapses, at least to this point in the season. Our best starter thus far has been our number 2 guy, an old washed up lefty (Sabathia) that most of us would have been happy had he been relegated to the bullpen. Many had suggested that our number 3 starter (Pineda) never pitched another inning for the team and our number 4 starter (Severino) become the long man rather than be given a spot in the rotation. Joe stuck with these guys and so far you have to be impressed with some very good performances to this point - yes, a bit uneven, but showing what they are capable of.

After a tough start (1-4), Joe has steadied the ship and the team is doing very well. They did the right thing in handing the 5th starter spot to Montgomery, a move we were all in support of. Hicks is off to a very good start and showing what he might be capable of in the future, if given a chance to play. Headley has been great and Gardner and Ellsbury are doing a good job of getting on base and running more, something we all endorse. Judge has been respectable, showing the prodigious power he is capable of and by the way, getting the playing time that we all screamed for. The bullpen has been as good, if not better, than everyone expected.

Look, I recognize that it is VERY early in this young season, but what has Joe done to deserve the criticism that he gets on the site daily? His moves have for the most part worked and the team thus far, considering the injuries has if anything OVERachieved. He is getting everyone (yes, even Pete Kosma) playing time (another complaint many of us have), but it has not seemed to have a negative impact on production. To the most casual of observers, I think Mr Girardi has done a more than respectable job to this point in 2017. Every manager will be second guessed but we really don't have much to complain about given this team's record and the talent that we are putting out there every day.

Edit: Lest I forget, Austin Romine has been doing a terrific job subbing for Sanchez and forcing both Pineda and Severino to throw the change.

NYYF Legend

Go Binder go.

Thread Information